Thursday the 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday the 7th

Took forever to get on the site this morning. Very frustrating. I am assuming that is why no one has posted yet today??? I was going for AF last night but my best friend's dad died yesterday and she was upset so we had a couple of drinks together. All in all I had four glasses of wine over four hours. MUCH better than normal so I am not beating myself up at all but I can say that my tolerance is lowering just from doing a few days here and there AF as I woke up with a headache this morning. Amazing. Tonight is a Welcome Back To School BBQ. I hate these kind of events so will do my damndest to be good and not indulge too much before I get there. I just have nothing in common with these people and feel like a misfit so the only way I find I can deal with it is to have a buzz going in. I just hate making small talk........How did all of the rest of you do last night? Have a great day everyone!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Thursday the 7th

(Dear Lush, Once agian two of us are posting the first one of the day at the same time. So I put my post over here.)

Good morning all MODS!

Universe:

The trick, is remembering that at all times far more is happening on your behalf than your physical senses will ever reveal.

Like right now.

Because you rock,
    The Universe

It is so nice to see all of you on the mods board. I know we can do this by being supportive and helpful with each other.

I have a trade booth this afternoon so gotta run for the day.

AF last night but could not go to sleep, I am just wound a bit too tight. time to pull those CDs back out in an evening and stay home and relax.

Hugs and Love to all you wonderful ladies, Have a beautiful Thursday!
    Mary

Comment

Thursday the 7th

two threads!?

Well I guess we'll all have alot of reading to do? :H

Good day to all, Lush, I guess we are in the same boat, I will be thinking about you as I am at my welcome party!:h I am trying AF, at least you are attempting mod....realistically I should think like that so I am not so mad at myself tomorrow!!?? I have a busy early AM tomorrow too, though, so AF should be more beneficial, as my hubby is out of town so I have to take my son to school early.....will be a 5 AM day....

Keep us all posted!

much love to all!

Mary Anne:l

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Good afternoon MODS!
        It took me a while to get on the site this afternoon too, they must be doing something to the site. I tried for a hour and finllay got on. I went AF last night and samething tonight. Good luck on the moderation lush and the AF mary ann, I know I would have to do moderation if I was going to a social event, I can't keep away from the devil we all love to hate. :H dear mary I always look forward to your universe quotes this one is deep! Sorry to hear about your friends father Lush its nice that you could be there for her.
        Well everyone take care
        Hugs :l
        Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Finally, I got to log on today!

I do know myself all too well. I was not AF last night BUT I did measure and I did limit it to three.

I am sure I can make it to my goal of four AF days and hoping I can limit it to four drinks on drinking days.

I am feeling very paranoid about taking this medication without docotor supervision and feeling even more paranoid that I am drinking on it!

I don't want glaucoma or metobolic acidosis or to die!:H no really:H

Lush,

I feel very much the same in social situations that I am unfamiliar with (I think that's what got me started drinking years ago in the first place) I am really working on just trying to be myself, even if that means just smiling, listening and leaving early

Mary,
          I still love my messages from the Universe every day! Thank you for sharing them:l

Much Love to everyone else!
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Hi Lovely Ladies--I feel like I'm so behind too--just so busy now that school has started and all the "fun" activities have started too--soccer, drama, cub scouts...oh, my kids have wonderful lives!!
            (me too!)
            Laura--how I could relate to your post about how good it feels to moderate and know that my kids are at least safe now---us "drinkiing" moms can relate at least--I know that I can remember tucking my kids in now, don't have to remember what book I read to them last night..if they brushed their teeth...it feels good...
            I am so impressed with all of your AF nights --I'll get there---
            Jen---I will get my Diary underway too, as it is a habit for me, and I can definately relate to all of it and if I can actually take the time to write before I pour, it will help me.
            Mkr---hope your dad is doing well, and trade show is fun (I am sorry to say, I'm not sure what that is.)
            Mary Anne--How are you doing finding a horse, that must be hard in some ways trying to find another one.
            Rachele--I am on 150mg of topa, right now at a week--plan to stay on it for at least another month at this level, as I can definatley tell I am grumpy..a bit edgy---Hey--maybe that's the lack of wine??!?
            I Know I'm missing TONS of you....dilayne, waves, Eustacia?? Many more....
            Trish---Did I see that it's your b-day today??? Did I?? Let us know??
            I Love you all, You know that!! Have a great evening! Off to get my son at soccer...sigh.
            sm-Mary

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Checking in...

Hello fellow mods! Lush, I can so relate to these work-related "functions" we all must attend. I abhor them too! I usually make an appearance, chit-chat a bit, make sure my boss sees I'm there and then kind of sidle out the side door lolol. I do so envy people who look forward to these kind of things - I'm great in a group of 8 or 10 but a large group - forget it!. Alas, yes, today is my birthday - has been very nice so far - treated to lunch by my staff and then a nice birthday cake for the whole office later - I'm stuffed! I guess having a birthday is better than the alternative right? Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Catch y'all later...
              Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
              Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
              Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
              : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
              "

Comment

Thursday the 7th

:happy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRISH!!

Hope your day is as good as it gets.
                Hugs :l
                Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Happy birthday Trish!!!! Nice of everyone to take you to lunch. Mary Anne, will be curious to hear how your get-together goes. Keep us posted. Hard to keep everyone's name straight so will just say I hope you all attain your goals for the evening. Off to try and fit in at my daughter's school. If there is a Lord above he will help me with some witty small talk! Talk to you all tomorrow. Let's hope the server is not down again........
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Happy Birthday Trish!!!
                    I'm kinda checking into mods here. Tentatively. One toe-like. I've been doing well the last several days with mods. Not like the last several weeks where I would have my AF days, but then drink a crapload the days I did drink. All of nothing, it seemed.
                    Back on the topa now, and it seems to be helping again. ARGH. Frustrating to have to rely on drugs to control my drinking. Ah, you guys understand. So I won't blab on. I'm here. Sorta. scary babes!
                    Love ya!

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Oh, what a terrible, terrible week. I forget about holidays--I should leave the country or something. My husband and I had a huge fight, and I developed back pain that was almost disabling--this back pain always comes on when I am angry or tense. There's nothing physically wrong--in fact, I made myself ride my bike, and that eases it, sort of. (Unfortunately, so does wine) Then the relatives came over on Labor Day--not bad people, just between the tension and my back pain, I couldn't deal with the superficiality--and certainly didn't want to talk any deeper than that. So I went to bed. This was noticed as odd.
                      So to cut to the chase, except for today, I have drunk at least 3 glasses of wine every evening. However never exceeded four. I don't seem to feel too guilty--just fat, since I also got up every night at one a.m and ate--which I also have started to do when stressed or angry.

Okay, deep breath. Start again. Start hypno tapes again this weekend. Water. Exercise. Did do All-One though every day. (Sometimes drank it right before the glass of wine--geez).

Husband has calmed down. We're both not too sure what the fight was about, but neither of us were drinking, nor was it about alcohol. I think it was about kids--starting back to school, babies growing up, tensions that we both feel about them fairly soon leaving home.

Okay, so let's shoot for mods for the rest of September.

Ellen

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Becca--saw your race results--nothing wrong with coming in 9,000!! That's fantastic! I'm so very proud of you!!!! --And hey--everyday, that I have to reach for my little pill I smie (than give a little inner frowny) -because I don't like to rely on drugs etiher.. but I figure there's a lot of people out there reaching for all sorts of pills to help them..and all legal too....so--I'm needing a little help right now ---I've never needed pillls in my life....not to say that's a bad thing (God knows I've needed wine)...so..I'll take some much needed help..........it's not "exchanging one drug for another" It's it's exchanging a Crap of a Life for a..well..Life!!
                        Love you all...you know that..
                        sm-mary

Comment

Thursday the 7th

Hey just checkin in!! Our computer was down all day .. before I went to work.. So, Here i am!!:H

Very ROUGH night @ work!! Remember earlier this spring when I was debating if I should go back to work @ this place... where I used to work...(any of you who've been here a while...) There was a gal that was offering "friendly" advise... before I'd even gone back to work there..

To make a long story short... she's treading on VERY thin ice @ work... I feel like maybe could say something to her... but it's not my place. And she probably doesn't want to hear it. In any case she's screwing up ... and it's getting to the point that it's affecting the bussiness, she left early tonight, just when it was getting busy, so we had 2 girls doing the job of 3.... not good for service or bussiness. Wayyy, Wayyy, Wayyy over extended... can't give good service with 12 tables each... & a waiting list...

On top of all that; I caught the bus girl putting my tips in her pocket. Not good! I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt.. but - there was nothing left on the table for her to pick up... HENCE.. no reason for her to use her pockets(which ... there is NEVER a reason for my tips to be in her pockets, anyway!), but I know what I saw,... and the way she was sneaking it ...)I immediatly confronted her and asked her what was going on.. as part of the money was still sticking out of her pocket... she told me she was going to bring it right to me! I just said, "This doesn't look good"... there's nothing else on the table, & your hands are'nt full.."
                          I'm still pissed! I tip those girls good! I've worked as dishwasher & busgirl... but if someone's helping themselves to my tips... GRRRR
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                          X