• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to Like what I see in the Mirror

withdrawn
    Banned

It is good to share these thoughts.
    After a while AF I started to see the person I knew a long long time ago and realised he was an ok guy not just a drunken bum and I started to like him again.
    Good for you Oliveoyl, it does get better and better.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Olive So pleased it is going well for you as i know you were sceptical to start with. It is great to have these little reminders of how well you are doing. I wish you many more for the future.

Keep Pushing

LOSTBOY

Comment

It's great to experience those moment's, isn't it Olive. Share them out, loud and proud to your loved ones, who i'm sure would love hearing them!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi oliveoyl,

It is good to re-acquaint yourself with the guy you used to be before al the craziness started. I'm learning to like myself again too. The cynical, self-serving drunk I was is receding into the past.
          I'm pleased for you

Comment

Olive, that's great! Appreciate every moment! My daughter turned 10 this week, and I can actually remember kissing her g'nite & giving hug.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Olive,

We all love to hear about little moments like that. It gives us a reason to hold on during our own struggles.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Olive,

Thank you for sharing that. It was a good post to wake up to and read.

I heartily agree, it is the little things. All those little things we could not do because we were so drunk or hungover that our lives had shrunk down to just that.

Today we can experience all the simple things that make up every day life.

I am very happy for you, Olive.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Great words Olive, thanks for sharing. Every little bit helps.
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Olive, thats not self indulgent at all, its wonderful to hear about peoples successes.
                    Well done you!
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Olive,

Posts like yours is why I read this forum. I hope and pray that one day I can make the same sort of post.

Comment

What a good moment. Thanks for sharing. I can remember so many times looking straight into the mirror and feeling like I was looking at a stranger. I can remember asking that stranger: What are you doing? Why are you doing this? And then having another drink! I like it much better when I like what I see! Today I have 28 days AF and feel great.

Comment

thanks for sharing that

that brought back memories of one time waking up to go to work after drinking all night trying to sleep. first thing-had a shot of vodka just so i could function. went to brush my teeth and threw up. had to take another shot just to be able to hold still and shave. i remember looking in my eyes and thinking it was a stranger. hated myself.
                          that seems so long ago and a different person altogether. it really gets better the longer i stay sober. thanks for bringing that back to me. i need to hear these things so i don't go back. gratitude.:goodjob:

Comment

Olive, i never actually noticed that, but yes, youre so right...i dont like looking in the mirror. And its funny because when I was younger I was considered a really good looking guy and I used to preen in front of the mirror. But now, i always avoid it. I never noticed that until now, but its so true.

Now, i dont know whether its because i dont like myself, or i dont like the fact ive put on so much weight....but either way, its because of the booze.

Its crazy how insidious this liquid is...it affects every aspect of your life.

I hope i will, soon enough, be able to look at myself in the mirror again, and be proud of what i see there.

Comment

Working...
                            X