Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 8th Sept

Good Morning Absville !!!! :h

I missed you all yesterday... Day 10 for me today - but I really wanted a drink - especially when i couldn't get on here... It's true - it is like an umbilical cord - and I got a bit panicy when I couldn't het on

Only managed to get on for about 10 minutes at about 5pm. The rest of the time the Phantom MWO Kidnapper had been doing his dirty work.

So wandered lonely as a little cloud !!!..... Welll actually stripped the bathroom , and took the tiles off - and.... the house is still standing - WOW....

It was a good test really having to deal with the day without having you guys to moan and groan at, now that my little tug boat Valium has left me to explore waters new unaided, and I'm sailing on just fine.

Just thought I'd check in bright and early to check that the whole MWO hadn't been a figment of my imaginatation in one of my hallucinanctions, and I'd wake up in hospital or something !!! heee. :nutso:

I'm first here Gabbs - HOOOOOORAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Got to paint the ceiling today, and am going to put on some new bath taps, which Lee is most concerned about so next time I speak I could be treading water as a type !!!! Hope fully might get round to putting yp some tiles which I am most concerned about.

Oh well no doubt, I'll be dropping in later -
    love to you all

Bob-The Builder !!!
    xxxx

hoorah - got my smilie men to work - as you can see - I'm playing on here - putting off my tiling .... I need to catch up on yesterday - so it is a valid reason - honest !
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Friday 8th Sept

Morning All,
    Morning Bub the builder, i was the same last night, really struggling and could have done with coming on here, always the way. I had a crack at tileing our shower a few months back, needless to say i'd had a drink at the time...I'm amazed there still up but they are somehow.
    Its my son Kai's birthday today, hes 4. Also his first day back at reception. We got him a Superman outfit for his birthday....Its one that inflates and he looks really funny with all the muscles....Actually he dosn't really need it hes built like a brick outhouse already...Hes Superhero mad...I wish i was still his age....But thats the good thing about having lots of kids...you get to play with all the toys..Hehe.
    Oh Kathy forget the bubble, if your gonna mind em all while me and Lisa go out i'll buy you a bloody plane ticket ( first class )
    Right got to go..we got a party to organise.....be back on later and i'll post a pic of Kai in his costume....Have a great day all....And keep up the good work Bub..........Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Have a lovely party all you Lakies up there !!! and isn't Kai a lovely name - a colleague of mine had a nephew who was called Kai - doesn't it mean Ocean in a Tropical language or something?

You can give him a good old duffing over in his inflatable suit and he won't feel a thing - hee hee - how evil am I !!!!

Save us some sausage rolls and cheese on stix ( don't like the pineapple !! )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI !!!!!!!

Love 'Bub The Builder'
      xxxxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

THANK GOD THE SITE IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!!

I can't believe how lost I felt without it. Maybe like an AA member would feel if he showed up and his meeting had been cancelled? Ugh.

Happy birthday to Kai -- I agree that is a great name.

And Liz, I admire you for doing all the work you're doing. I wouldn't dare. The most I'll do is hang curtains, and even that turns out questionable in the end. So kudos to you for putting in new taps and tiles and all that. Bambs the Builder, maybe.

As I posted last night, the last 2 days were a bit rough on me, so I'm feeling a bit shaky right now with my sobriety. I am happy to have made it through 7 days, but days 6 and 7 really FREAKED ME OUT. I find that I have two main coping mechanisms right now: coming to the Board, and sleeping! Anyway, I've decided that since the last 2 nights have been so tough, that tonight I'm going to go on down to the Alano Club and attend an AA meeting. I don't really buy all of their philosophy, and don't see myself "working the steps" and all that, but hey, it's a safe place to spend an hour amongst other sober folks and I just might learn a thing or two. Plus I do have some friends in there that I haven't seen in a while. I can take what I need and leave the rest, right? (And Friday night = big trigger.)

Well I hope everyone out there is doing OK -- and hope the technical disruptions haven't caused too much chaos in your personal worlds! Take care, all.
        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Bambs YOU WON! Its gonna be so special!!!!! I'm running out the door to work....be back tonite. you won, you won, you won, gotta get things cleared with the city. DONT DRINK! you won, you won, you won, yeaahhhhh! gabbs
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

I feel like we are changing planets and RJ is beamin us like up or somethin. Wheres Scottie? And Capt'n Kirk? and Spock? And I hope nobody is drinkin out in orbit! gabbs.
            off to work
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hey Mike you are doing fantastic, and your right just take out of it what you need....The fact that your willing to go to avoid any temptation, shows your intention not to slip at any cost. your planning ahead....Your gonna do this..You are doing this...I feel a bit shakey myself tonight..Like you said, this place is somewhere to come when you need it most, and when its not here..It feels like a crutch has been taken away..
              I'm so glad we're back on....How long for though?

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Oh Yeah....Promised to post a pic of the BirthdayBoy

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Mackeral, Kai is sooooo cute. Hope you all have a wonderful party. And thanks for the direction yesterday.

Mike, I'm feeling the same. Hang in there. I thought of going to AA but honestly there really isn't anything anonymous about it. Should I care? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

It's Friday! Good Luck to all. Hope to spend some time at the beach over the weekend.

Sola

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

KAI-ser CHIEF !!!!!

AWWWW Macks - He's GORGE !!!! Hope you all had a lovely time. See I told you you could give im a dig and he woudn't feel it !!! ( Only joking !!! )

waiting for my leftovers to arrive...

Well today has turned out to be a Cryday - not a Friday.

Haven't done ANYTHING, except mope around... and cry quite a lot
                    Couldn't speak to anyone on here All day - I don't know how Magical Mike managed to get on at 4 ( our time ) because My little tug boat abandoned me days ago in beautiful calm waters, and it has turned severely stormy since he went back to harbour...

And my radio to call in an SOS didn't work, so am ashamed to say - bought a bottle of wine today and have drank 2 glasses - didn't want the rest of it ( unusual - maybe that's the TOPA - ) So it's corked up and hidden under the spare bed because I haven't got to the stage yet where I can pour it away... Feelin, sad, lazy, useless and disgusted with myself.

Maybe it's the PMS time coming up - or maybe it's the cold harsh reality of not drinking kicking in - which I have had to deal with on my own for the past 2 consequetive days... ( That's no slight on you RJ - I know you're working your little peach off there ) ... It has just shocked me how reliant how much I have become on this site, it boosts me up , no end in day to day life. I really did feel like I was in a tiny little fishing boat in the middle of a HUGE storm today... Gosh - I don't half dramatise everything don't I.
                    And... The bathroom looks like a something out of Tenko, or a prison cell in eastern Europe or something.
                    And. I lost my Ted Baker Glasses 2 weeks ago and have been wearing a spare pair, - and the bloody arm came off them today.... So when I went into the off licence I looked like a proper down and out - dressed in my decorating clothes and glasses with one arm on them - beeeyootiful !!!

So all in all been a poooper of a day for me - especially after all my good intentions. - going to take my 25mg of Topa and go to sleep,
                    and pray that my friends will be here to answer my MAYDAY, should I need it. I'm Ok if I know you're all here, I just get worried when I can't get in touch with anyone - especially if I'm feelin a bit dodgy !!!!

That's me - havvin a 'Liz' moment !!!!

Lots of love - will spend a bit of time catchin up readin posts for a bit

Take care and love to you all.

' Bummer-The-Builder'
                    xxxxxxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

I hope this gets through, because I had just written a long post, and when I tried to post it, I was informed it was "illegal" (?????) and I wasn't "allowed" to post.

Hang in there Liz, and Mike, and everyone. I think everyone feels like poop cause of the ups and downs of the site. I think it's natural that we depend on each other and the site so much. Look how much we depended on alcohol!!!

Okay, I'm going to try to send this. Fingers crossed!!!

Hugs,
                      Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Goody, quick reply works! Anyway Bambs, I think that many of us, particularly women, have those days where we have to just break down and cry. How does it work for you, guys, when you reach the end of your tether??

On Monday and Tuesday, I was all broken up about Steve Irwin, but deep inside, I know it was also about more than Steve, as tragic as his death was. I was crying about everything. I was crying for Terri and her loss, but also about all the losses about I've had. Sometimes when I cry, I can cry about EVERYTHING, once I get started!

Macks, Kai is beautiful! I have a sneaking suspicion that he takes after his beautiful mum and dad! He looks so proud with all his muscles!! Ummmmm, first class sounds great, but I might be better in coach. All the FREE BOOZE in first class might still be too tempting at this point!! LOL. In fact, maybe they'd better put me in with the cargo, given that there's not a whole lot to DO on a plane at this point!!! Maybe I'd better stick with my bubble, or better yet, borrow the ruby slippers and be there in a flash!

Hey Mike, hang in there! I think it would be great to go to an AA meeting for the social and support aspect. I don't think you need to buy it lock,stock and barrel to get what you can from it. I'm sorry that you're feeling shaky. I'm feeling a little weirded out myself, with the board being so up and down and feeling pretty stressed out.

I was feeling a lot of cravings when I got home, but I had a good late lunch, and that has helped a lot. I've also started taking my topa on the way home from work, and that is really helping, rather than just taking it on a schedule. It's like maximum effectiveness when I'm walking in the front door--biggest trigger time of the day!

Gabbs, it sure is good to see you back, babe!!! We missed our Mayor!!! I'll bet you are ready to see Nancy step in for a week!!! It's a hard job, isn't it? But you are a very good Mayor!!! Sorry that you had the board meltdowns on your shift!!

Hey SOLA, I hope you have a good weekend at the beach--restful and serene! I hope it calms down your cravings, too!

Anyway, I'm off to an exciting Friday night of sewing!!! The end is in sight!!!

Lots of love,

Kathy

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Just a Test

I'm just testing this to see why my first didn't go through to report back to RJ. Of course, now it will probably work.

Kathy

Of course, now it worked. ^(^$&%^$&*^!

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Rough day in Absville today.
                            Dont be too harsh on yourself Bub, ok you had 2 glasses...but you stopped....Thats not easy when you've not had any for a while...Tell me to get lost if you want but i'd tip the rest of it down the sink if i was you.....When i had that slip a few weeks ago with the rum i left about 2 doubles in the bottle. And all it did was shout at me to drink it for the next few days....In the end i tipped it...and the voice stopped....It might not be the same for you.....just dont want you to suffer like i did. I just think its hard enough anyway without knowing you got some in the house.
                            Really been struggling tonight myself...Had the old angel and devil on each shoulder again. Our local shop just shut so i cant get any now anyway....
                            SOLA & Mike i hope you both are doing ok aswell......Love the Avatar SOLA...............Take care all ......Macks:l

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hiya Kathy, It won't let me send a personal message at the mo. - but will endeavour to try again tomorrow.

Hope you are ok This is is you by the way !!!!!

Kathy !!!!

And Macks - It's gone down the sink _ I have no willpower... I would have drunk it as soon as Lee had gone to Rugby tomorrow - but, if it's not here then it can't be drunk...
                              Thanks for the harsh words --- I'm going to cry again now because you shouted at me !!! --- Joke !!!! - Seriously - it's what I need to hear otherwise I'm a law unto myself.
                              I can hardly type - not cos i'm drunk - my glasses keep falling onto the keyboard !!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Working...
                              X