New and Ready w/questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading here alot for the past year. I have done alot of research on too much drink and it is really wrecking havoc in my life. Hubbie drinks too.

I was all set to order Topa at River pharmacy, but what the heck!! The shipping $39.99 was almost as much as the drug? Can anyone help? I plan to start the drug and after a month on trial I will approach my doc and give an ultimatum. Yeah, I tend to be bossy.

Help? Anyone????

CJTime,

:welcome: You might also want to read the Baclofen threads, too. Several people, myself included, are doing very well on that. There is also a thread about Naltrexone.

I am not trying to confuse you, I just hope you have read all the information on this site about meds and consider the options.

Do you drink enough you are concerned about withdrawal symptoms?

I hope you have read RJ's book. Even though I can't take Topamax, the rest of the information has been invaluable for me. RJ's approach is a multi-pronged attack against this addiction and it all helps.

Again, welcome. I wish you success in your endeavor.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Cinders! Thanks for responding. Are you a Cindy too?

I'm not worried about withdrawl as in dt's or anything like that. I drink every other day about 2 litres of wine. I quit drinking April and May while taking chantix. I quit smoking April 16 with chantix. Two pack a day addiction for 30 years!!

I tried Naltrexone years ago. Made me sick and feel paralyzed. I've done AA, dual addiction counseling, much reading, nutritional supplements. Even mega doses of L-glutemine and Kudzo do not lessen my cravings.

The biggie and a big reason I'd like to try topa is that after quitting smoking, I gained 16 lbs that I could not afford to gain if you know what I mean. I'm now at 183 and haven't weighed that much since I was pregers 30 years ago!! Gross!!

I took an anti-depressent for a few months (amitryptiline) which is Elavil. Worked great for my depression and insomnia but it made me alway hungry and I had to stuff my face with desserts. I've never been like that. I titrated myself OFF of that one!

I just need to buy a one month supply of topamax with reasonable shipping and then I will get an Rx from my doc. Thanks again.

Comment

You may want to try some of the other pharmacies, like In house, 4rx, etc.

Comment

Thanks guys! I ordered from aclepsa.

Comment

Working...
          X