Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight vs Dose for baclofen

Hi,

It would be useful to know if the dose of baclofen that provided completely sqashed cravings was closely correlated with the weight of a person.

I know some people probably don't want to divulge their weight so the best way to do this would be to post the dose in mg /lb or /kg.

If enough people post then we can get a fair idea about the variability in dose that works for people.

Obviously it would be best if you have been on baclofen for more than a few months, just to make sure that you really have found your dose.

Data, this is the best way this site can help us.

Cheers

Brian.

Brian,

I am a middle-aged female. I have been on Baclofen 2 months and AF 1 1/2 months.

I have titrated up to 130 mg/day 40,40,50. 700, 1200, 1700 hours

I weigh 160 lbs. (I don't care who knows how much I weigh..)

I do get tired on it some days, others it doesn't bother me at all.

I have found I don't want to go to sleep right after taking it. I have vivid nightmares and a difficult time waking up from them if I go to sleep within 3 hours of taking the Baclofen.

I had horrible nightmares and absolutely could not wake up from them when I went up to 160 mg/day (40 4*day). I did that too quickly, though. I was desperate to quit drinking and did not use a sensible titration schedule.

I stayed at 120 mg/day for a few weeks but am going to slowly go up a bit in order to see if I can get completely indifferent to alcohol, as described by OA in his book. If I hit that "switch," I will stay there a while and then titrate down, as described by OA.

Good luck!!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

1.8 mg/kg

That means you are at about 1.8 mg/kg, right in the zone where it should be taking effect.

Keep us posted on what you titrate up to.

Many thanks.

Brian.

Comment

So funny that people don't want to disclose their weight on a board where people are anonymous! Don't even reside in the same State in most cases. I just find this too funny. Willing to say how much we get drunk and act like idots, but disclose our weight?????? Huh?

I'm not drinking yet tonight, but I'll tell ya I'm 5'4" and 180! But I am smoke free for 3.5 months!!

Comment

CJTime;680768 wrote: So funny that people don't want to disclose their weight on a board where people are anonymous! Don't even reside in the same State in most cases. I just find this too funny. Willing to say how much we get drunk and act like idots, but disclose our weight?????? Huh?

I'm not drinking yet tonight, but I'll tell ya I'm 5'4" and 180! But I am smoke free for 3.5 months!!
          lol! But I don't think there are many here who give a twit about revealing their weight. I reckon there are far more who lie about their alcohol intake.

Good going with the smoking and the drinking.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I am 158cm and about 52kgs. I have been taking 40ms a day for the past week. I am still having thoughts of drinking, but they are easy to handle.

My feeling is that its not only weight that plays a role, but also the amount of alcohol consumed before starting the bac. I seldom went above 8 units a day, but I was starting to binge more and more during holidays and stressful times.

Comment

Working...
            X