Friday September 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday September 8th

For crying out loud!!!! This is the first time I have been able to log on all morning with the server being down again. Arghhh!!!! Did not realize how dependent I have become on this site. Anyhow. Mary Anne how did your company thing go last night? Did you stay AF? I had my daughter's school BBQ that was a total bore. I had two glasses before I left and they ALWAYS have wine at these get-togethers. While I was disappointed it was a good thing that this time they did not so I could not drink anymore. I came home and had one glass of red wine and called it a night. Not bad, not bad. I just calculated how long my last case of wine just lasted me (gotta buy by the case to get the 10% discount, don't I?) and it last NINE DAYS LONGER since before I started moderating. Still too much but I am very proud of myself. I have an appointment next week to meet with the therapist that deals with EFT (energy therapy of some sort that has been explained on here earlier) and it is supposed to do wonders with anxiety which in turn will help me to continue moderating even more. I am very, very excited and will let you all know how it goes. How is everyone else?? I missed hearing from all of you this morning. Bye!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Friday September 8th

aurrrgh!

Yeah, I hear ya, frustrating ,I was trying to log on ALL day (finally had time to!) and couldn't. I thought it was just my computer or something.....I ended up drinking (a little too many beers) last night at my thing, but had a ball, and am not beating myself up over it, BUT had a pounder this AM......guess it doesn't mix too well w/ the 50mg Topa I am taking now. Oh well, it is Friday, and I will mod tonight and tomorrow night.....come Sunday try AF. That is my goal, not to drink on workdays (yesterday was a very rare exception, we rarely have these party things), actually we are having an open house for the research dept(for which I work) on 9/20, and we will serve alcohol there, so again. on a weekday Don't know why we can't do these things on Fridays (?!)

Sorry yours was such a bore! At least you didn't drink too much or do something dumb, that is what I am grateful for(I hate making a fool out of myself or not remembering how I got home! _

Well hope others can join us soon, and happy BDAY!!! (was it Trish??) I am so bad!! Not even on high dose of topa yet!

Much love to all, have a wonderous(what is left of it)day!!!!!

Mary Anne:l

Comment

Friday September 8th

Hi Mary Anne and Lush and all to come..I tried a few times to get on too...Oh well, technology!
      TGIF! Well, AF all week! I may have a couple of beers tonight..honestly I feel like I could take them or leave them. I brought my subliminal CD to work today and put it in my computer..will definitely make it a point to listen to that a few times a week..It's been a good week..had to get to the chiropractor twice..one is a kinesiologist..am hoping she'll open up some energy for me as well! Thinking about breaking lose from my therapist..been doing it for a year and well, I'm feeling really good..got what I wanted and much more and now my husband and I are doing couples therapy, which was more than a bonus..big changes on the horizon, all positive transitional things which is what I've had my sites set for...

have a great weekend everyone and take good care of yourselves..stay in the present moment..that is my focus right now!

Namaste

p.s...I added 25mg of Top to help me for the weekend..my period is coming on and just adding a little extra precaution since that is a huge trigger..some other long timers have done well adding an extra dosage at vulnerable times..I'm at 13 weeks and 175mg..so adding the 25 for the weekend of pms seems like a good idea to ward off a binge..we'll see how it goes...

Comment

Friday September 8th

Hi,

Had a lot to talk about earlier, but now I have to go.
        In one of my day jobs I am an IT Professional (geek ),
        networking and servers mostly and I have to say, the last couple of days around here have even gotten to me. I really feel for RJ though. Hope this move goes well.

Will try to chat more later, take care all.

Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Friday September 8th

Hi everyone
          I had a good day at work not to stressful. It sounds like it was long day here on the boards but I'm glad its up and running. Hey lush sorry you had a boring time at your school function, and mary ann glad to hear you all had a good time at social events. All in all you both get a thumbs up :good: for your moderation. I went AF all week and now its friday I am going to have one beer and them later tonight when all my chores are done I'm going to run a bubble bath, light some candles and have a glass of wine to relax, boy I looking forward to that a little reward for doing a good job all week on my AF days!
          Well you all have a great weekend and take care Hugs :l
          Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Friday September 8th

Hi everybody! I'm finally off work & able to get on board too!:H

Looong day.....TGIF'(over...around here!) Fridays are my long shift from H*ll day!

Went in @ 1:PM ... had 1/4 of a sand, around 5PM...threw the rest out, after it sat for too long... no time to eat. Just relaxing with a glass of wine now & had a few cheez n crackers..Ahhh, sip, sip, life is GOOD!:h :l ...Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday September 8th

End to frustration (we hope!)

Couldn't believe I got right on the board this morning! Yesterday was forgetaboutit.

Well, last night I had four wines, which is about my usual. That's one bottle of chard. Waiting till 6 p.m. helps. my goal now is to go down one glass. And after that go down another so I end up with two glasses which is an ok amount even according to the heart association.

What does alcohol do to the effects of Topa? Does the combo make you feel more out of it? I'm not on topa yet, just the supps.

Supposedly there is a weight loss effect of topa. Is that aside from the fewer calories of drinking less?

Hope it is all good for you guys today.

Ivy

Comment

Friday September 8th

hmmmmmmmmm, I've been counting a bottle of wine as 5 drinks. How about you guys? It's probably more like 6 with the "real" drink ounce thing, but I count 1 bottle as 5, 2 as 10 and about my max and a HELL of a hangover. YUK.
                Ivy, the topa gives you a weird, buzzy thing within the first few sips of the wine. Does to me, anyway. And it delays the "wanting" to drink. It just makes it easier to either not drink at all, or slow down once you start, cuz you feel weird. It's hard to explain, you'll have to check it out for yourself, but it's a good thing, if the side effects don't get to you. Here's hoping.
                Here is how my hubby puts it (paraphrased...) "Becca, when you are on the topa, it's like you go knocking on the door to the dark side, but you don't go in!"
                Lovely, huh? When I'm not on it... I guess I go barging right into dark side city. Blackouts and all. BOOOOO.

Good luck, Ivygoodluck!!! hee hee:l

Comment

Friday September 8th

In a restaurant they get five glasses of wine out of a bottle but that is because they are wanting to make big profits. Those glasses are just too small. I always have counted a small bottle as four glasses and I sticking with it because it makes me feel less like, well, less like a lush!!!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday September 8th

glasses in a bottle

lush wrote: In a restaurant they get five glasses of wine out of a bottle but that is because they are wanting to make big profits. Those glasses are just too small. I always have counted a small bottle as four glasses and I sticking with it because it makes me feel less like, well, less like a lush!!!
                    I just remembered that my hub had a smallish glass out of that bottle so I'm now figuring 4 1/2 glasses to a bottle--not to split hairs!

Ivy

Comment

Working...
                    X