Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, September 9th

Good Mornin Abbers,

I hope this Saturday brings peace and enjoyment to you all.

I have to comment on one of our groupies being so direct with anther one of our groupies. I love that in people. If someone has something to say to me boy I wanna hear it. There is something grand about direct people. (that would be me, hehe) Not that ya have to do what they say but its worth a listen. I think we can feel safe around direct, honest people. They speak their minds and we know where we stand with them.

Indirect people, people who are afraid to say who they are, what they want, and what they are feeling cant be trusted, in my opinion. To me...if they cant say it, how do they know it, and then how can we trust it?

Directness saves time and energy. It removes us as victims. It dispenses with martyrdom and games. It helps us own our own power. It creates respectful relationships.

It feels safe to be around direct, honest people.

I think that is a true character asset to own...is directness.

Love ya all....big smiles and hugs, gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Saturday, September 9th

Spot on Gabbs.

Honesty rocks. If I'm honest with myself I know I'll always have an issue if I have one drink. Its as simple as that. The only person I can work on is myself and the only person I really have to be honest with is myself. (bummer that).

By the way, i'm posting early cos I want an upgrade to my super deluxe motorhome.. i want something penthouse please.. i'm happy to rent it out when i'm not here and share the proceeds with the community.

If anyone here has alcohol in the house.. throw it out. If its there its only a torment... and you cant kid yourself you arent going to have it. If you are feeling cravings trawl the site.. read read read and DO SOMETHING to get your mind off of it.

ps. my new avatar or whatever its called has the words on it.. why do things the hard way.
    Brigid

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Mornin Abbers,

YEAH!!!!!! I've always wanted a store! Belle can sit on the front porch (it is a country store) and greet people! Thanks Gabby.

One question though.......if Absville is a "dry" city, who is going to buy the blackberry and grape "juice"?

I'm so glad that this town is here. I also felt lost when it was down.........I think it is a healthy addiction, though.

{{{Susan }}} good to have you feeling better..

Mac, your son is so cute! Reminds me of my grandsons. They lived in outfits like that when they were small!

We worked outside all day yesterday. Had to .......the weeds were taking over. Looking forward to fall.
      Also picked some sage and put it in the dehydrator. Smells great!

Bambs! You are one busy lady! Can't wait to have our shops open!

I know I've missed a lot of folks....will do better later.:l

OK.. Back to bed for me.......couldn't sleep....had to check and make sure you guys were still here!

Nancy and Belle:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Goos morning everyone xxxx

Feeling a lot better today - I like your new avatar brigid !, and it's weird about you mentioning the full moon, Lee said that last night, maybe it's been a combination of that, and the site going down that has made a few of us go a bit wobbly over the past few days. It has astounded me how many times I kept checking my computer yesterday and the day before, and each time, the more and more fep up I becamewhen each time I checked it was still down. - I felt like my arm had been chopped off or something.
        And even though I did sucumb to those 2 glasses, because of the support here, I threw the rest away, whereas if I didn't have this site, I would have drunk the whole bottle. In fact I probably would be still on 4 bottles a day, so I am living proof ( as are all of you ) that this site DOES WORK. So heartfelt thanks to RJ. No words can really express my gratitude to her for starting this up and changing my life.

NO alcohol in my house anymore - ever ( or under the counter in my new shop - I :heart: it Thanks Gabbs ) and I've got Nancy right next door to keep check on me - I bet Belle could sniff out a whiff of wine at a thousand paces ! I can just see Belle, Millie and Daisy having rough and tumble games out the front !! Looking forward to sitting on our shop porches having chats when we get a slack moment in our day Nanc !!!!

Today - Deffo painting the bathroom ceiling - no slacking today guys ! and I might try to get round to having a bash at the tiling. I can see me harping on about this, this time next year , boring the pants off you all !!!!

Well best foot forward. I'll be popping in later.

Love to you all :l
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Good Morning Abbers,

Just a quick one for now, got lots to do this morning again. My second eldest Cloe is at her friends birthday party today so we gotta go out now and buy her a prezzie and a card...And it is Cloe's birthday tomorrow...Big 11...She wants to go on a clothes shopping spree....Does anybody know where i can find a money tree???

I completly agree with you Gabbs about the honesty thing....I remember you slapping my wrists a while ago and telling me how things REALLY are..
          Great job this week Gabby.....You really set a high standard for others to follow in you mayor's footsteps.
          Just one small bone to pick with you though.....Nancy & Bubba get a whole shop...I got a Hoover...Hmmmm

Right got loads to do....even want to get an hours fishing in this afternoon if possible ( slim chance )
          Will be back on later with a more well thought out post...But hope everyone has a happy alcahol free weekend.....Including me........Love Macks
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Hiya Bub, Just tried to send you my email address but a messege came up saying FORBIDDEN...I will try again in a bit....I would put it here but its my Full name....
            Well Done for last night by the way....I know its really hard to throw beer away....Later Dude

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Hey Brigid, I like that "Spot on" gotta remember that. Ok...you can have the Penthouse. I was waitin for Mike or Mack to ask for it. Especially since Mack was complainin about the "hoover". I would'a gave it to him, but he never asked. So its all yours.
              I especially like the view it gives ya from the back, where the heated pool, tennis courts and full gym is. Oh....and the Corvette comes with the deal too. Looks especially cool strollin down that winding driveway with all the beautiful landscaping along the way. Happy Day for you!

Nancy, Didn't I say the juice is AF? So we all get the juice. And we love it! yum. And the sage........oh I love that smell.
              Bambs, Glad you two like the stores. We're gonna build a whole block. And the dogs are really havin a good time too. Bambi, This is kinda weird to bring up but like my post but like I said in my post I am just the really honest type and if I got something to say I just do it and pretty much usually dont regret it (sometimes tho) but I have something to say to you. Ya...I could pm you but its not working and we gotta figure that out too. But here goes. A few weeks back when things were a ruckus around here and stuff...I just want to tell you again, I am SO glad that you stuck it out here. I have so enjoyed getting to know you better. You make me laugh, smile, grin. Touch my heart and ya really have me pullin for you! Everyone does here...have me pullin for them. But you girl.......you got some extra "spark" in your personality.
              I am learnin stuff from you and hope you stick around. You say this site is changin your life, like many of us feel and it is, but I see some HUGE strides that YOU are makin. And you gotta make sure to give yourself that credit. Really that goes for all of us. And I love our group here in Absville.
              Every new person we get here, belongs here and adds something just right to build us up to better.

Mack same goes to you. I've been waitin for you to let me hear it about the vacume cleaner. Its not just a hoover tho. Its a magic robot one.
              BUT....the spot next to Bambi would be a perfect tack shop and it has your name on it. Mack's Tack's. So go get that set up. And in the back of all these stores is a beautiful lake. So we all can rest and fish or do what ever. There is even a walking path for me and Kathy. And anyone else to join in.
              Isn't our town nice? I was saving that for ya Mack. Had it planned all along.
              And CV....got you in the mix too. Of course you know there is a Vitamin Cottage on the other side of Nancy.
              RJ and I have been working to get it fixed up. Of course its stocked fully with all MWO's existing products and the rest is for you to add. Of course we will be working of the labels for MWO's advertising, but you can design them if you want. You can really fill it up with all the research and literature and super combo packs that you see needed.
              We can add a massage and skin clinic when we are ready.
              Yep....I things are comin together pretty good.

Kath....do ya want a sewing store?

Now any of the rest of you guys need to hop right in and add what ya like. We don't really have to clear it with City Council. Actually they dont exsist. I just made it up about them. Isn't always the deal? (he he)

Ok...that's all for now. love ya all gabbs

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Ya, I get the forbidden too. I wonder if this is what EVE felt like. Maybe we could post for 60 seconds and then delete so it isnt stuck on the boards. gabbs

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Now thats a prize....WaHoooooo

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Good Morning!

Seems like Absville is back to normal after a bad storm or something! Maybe a tornado, but not too big?? Fortunately even though our houses rocked a little and we were all shook up, there were no serious injuries! That's a gift!

I have something to add about honesty as well. I wrote about my friend's honest letter to me several years ago a few days back. Ouch! It was hard to read. Sometimes honesty hurts a bit. But I think that we can usually tell, deep down inside, when someone is being honest with us because they love us and care about us. It may hurt and even make us angry, but we can tell, if we are being HONEST WITH OURSELVES! I've also had the experience of someone being HONEST with me, but I also haven't trusted their motives (and sometimes not their perceptions either.) I can tell because I get this uncomfortable feeling inside, kind of alert and anxious, a bit of a fight or flight kind of feeling.

Macks, there was nothing in your honesty other than caring. I could tell that Bambs felt it! And good job, Bambs for keeping it at two, instead of going back to your old pattern!! Maybe you had the only little injury from the storm--you feel on your bum a bit! Fortunately, not a serious injury and you'll heal quickly!

It sure feels good to see you here at the top of the morning, Gabby--it was so weird not seeing your post up there first!!! I'm also looking forward to seeing Nancy's name up there tomorrow!! Can we have a ceremony to make Belle a deputy, Nancy? I can't help but feel that she would be a great asset in your job!

Good to see you on Brigid. An upgrade, huh? Sounds interesting.

Keep up the good work, Bambs, a little slip can make a good learning experience! Maybe I'll run the town sewing and quilting store and everyone who's interested can learn--it can help save you from some boredom, Bambs, and even the guys can learn too, if they want! (Although I want some fishing lessons, Mack, and what can you teach me, Mike??) I don't think I can be the town shrink!:H I love and need you guys all too much to be even remotely objective!:h

Boy Macks, with those kids, you have so much to do, it's amazing!! Bless your heart!!

Anyway, I have to get ready for work in a few minutes. I've put aside my sewing for today--when I get home from work I will be cleaning the house for my sister's arrival later today. I'm actually so burnt out from sewing that cleaning seems like a nice change!:wow: I only have two more flags to make, so I will get that done in the coming week relatively easily and right on schedule! I was so wiped out last night that I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm. I woke up about 9:30 and sewed a little while, then back to bed!!!

Hey, maybe I can make the town flag? Any design ideas???

Anyway, love you all, gotta run and get ready.

Hugs,

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Well, obviously great minds think alike, Gabbs. We were posting at the same time! A sewing store would be great!

I'm quite content with my turquoise blue cottage, as long as I have the room for an exercise room for those rainy days. I suppose that I'll have plenty of time for sewing and a place to do it if I'm running the sewing store!

I'm glad that Macks will have a fishing and tackle shop. Macks, you can teach me all about fishing that way! But if you would be so kind, I still want someone else to take their guts out and fillet them before I take them home to cook!! LOL!!

Bambs, I sure do echo Gabby's sentiments!! You are bringing something special to Absville.

Hugs Again,

Kathy

PS: Write to RJ about the forbidden thing. That happened to me yesterday.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Thank you so much for those kind words Gabbs and Kathy and well, just everyone here , my eyes had tears in them - not like yesterday, but of relief and thankfulness for the re-acceptance you have all shown me after the 'you know what' . :blush: :blush:

And Gabbs, you have done a brilliant job as Mayor, and thank you for my shop :h

And you are all right, honesty is the ONLY way to make our collective journey succeed. And you know that I don't take things to heart - I know that whatever anyone here says to me, they say it out of concern and for my own best interests. So I take it on board, and see - it works, those words from macks made me stop, reflect, and act. Otherwise I would be sitting here now drinking the second half of that bottle.
                        My problem is that I LIKE the buzz of a drink, but I have one, and usually can't stop - don't even know I'm drunk half the time - so, that shows that the Topa is working after stopping after 2 glasses last night ( admittedly it shouldn't have been any,) but - it's done and over now... but I am a 'nasty' drunk, as you have experienced.... so that should give me even more incentive and reason not to drink - I say and do things that are just NOT ME - It is a scary thing .
                        So PLEEEESE DO not EVER think twice about having a word with me if you think I'm threatening to stray off our Absville road of happiness.

I am loving it here, we have built up a lovely town... and as far as the City Council goes... We ARE the city council. !

It wouldn't let me post on General messages my email - but it would on PM. - but if you put a space in between your @ on your e-mail address - it will let you.
                        I will post mine on Gen messaging now. I think it's a good idea - just in case of times of crisis. And I think that it's a good idea for other users to have peoples emails incase they need help too - I don't mind giving out one of my e-mail addresses in a public forum.

Update of bathroom saga now - yawn yawn !!!! Have painted ceiling, taken out the old sealant from around the bath and sink, and filled in a couple of holes in the plaster that appeared when I took the old tiles off.
                        Waiting for that to dry - in the meantime, I am taking the bath panel off and painting it - I've put a lovely architrave effect on the previous plain panel - so going to gloss it white.
                        Might call it a day then - still putting off doing the the tiling - scaaaaared.... but I WILL DO IT !!!!

Macks - Lee was really jealous that you are going fishing today - he loves fishing as much as he loves playing rugby... Maybe he could come over to your new pad in Absville and you could spend the weekend fishing on your lake !!! And us girls could have therapies at Cv's place !

Anyway - back to it. Break over.

Love to you all. xxxxxxx

P.S It's our 2nd Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. We got married in Florida. - Was luvvverly !!!
                        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Kath, boy I love that font. It must be me but I can read it so much better. Bambs....I gotta third my own post about you earlier. I just am so glad to know ya and am amazzzed at the work you are doing.
                          Kath....I can just see your store right now. And out back we have like this little pavillian were we all eat lunch. I do think we need a gym for all of us. Brigid has the super delux one at here penthouse but she can use ours too. And everybody else that I havent mentioned....decide what place ya want and it will appear. (this is so fun)
                          About mayor...I have really enjoyed it. So its Nancy and Belle tonite? I think we could try like a rotating schedule if we want to. I really do like doin it. My biggest hurdle like I said is the computer consecutive days in a row. The kids say I've been hoggin it. So maybe we could try like set days or rotate a few days at a time or something like that. It was therapuitical for me. I read everyones posts and what ever topic jumped out at me was the next days topic. I have so many meditation books so I got help from those and used a bit from all. It was good for me. So lets get creative with a schedule or something. I think everyone has something to offer to each other. Anyway...I gotta start gettin ready for work. Hello everyone else that hasnt posted. Gabbs

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

I think that worked Bambs on the e-mail. name, space, @, space, provider, space, .com.
                            Send me a e-mail if it did and I'll add u to mine.

Comment

Saturday, September 9th

Quick post before the endless soccer games begin. Opening season is today. Really looking forward to it this year more than in years past. esp my 5 yo's game...they are so darn cute! Hope the board doesn't malfunction this weekend. If it does I will be on Yahoo [email protected]. Worked things out with my new boss. Like I said before...I hate change! And the thought working without benefits irks me, even tho my husband has benefits. I have always tried to be self sufficient so in time of crisis, I could stand on my own 2 feet. Making long lists of pro's and con's regarding this job change. Gotta decide by Monday. Tryin to not stress to much and just enjoy my kids. Working my hospital job tomorrow, so can bounce some of this garbage in my head off my wonderful coworkers. Be back to talk to YOU all later. being a bit self centered at the moment...sorry! SoberSaturday....HERE WE COME!! Gina

Comment

Working...
                              X