Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, Sept. 9

Good Morning!
    Well, what was it about Friday??? What a day?
    Ellen--sometimes the best strategy is to just go to bed early...who cares if they saw it as odd. That was better than reaching for the wine.
    And Judie---Sounds like a very stressful work environment! That is a very tough job.
    I went over my limit on Thursday night..not proud of myself there!! Can say that I Do know what triggered it (argument with hubby (Ellen that will do it.))....my kids have this ridiculous amount of homework these days and I really do not understand what teachers must think! I mean I teach, and I do not give this amount of homework because I know that kids do other things when they get home. So between running them to soccer and drama and than dinner and baths...we are doing 3 hours of homework and than the tears start (theirs this time, not mine) and than my husband took over the homework and PER my goals, I poured myself my first (not only) glass of wine for the evening (remember, Laura-I'm not helping kids with homwork while sipping the wine.) Anyway--had more than I should and than Friday teaching at school reminded me why I AM STARTING THIS path of Mod---I have had too many days in my past of trying to teach with headaches and it's just nearly impossible.....and I Don't like the feeling, and there's No reason to live like that...and I'm not doing it again!!! Anyway---sounds like a few of us had a rough Friday---but here it is Beautiful Saturday---another Day to be Moderate or AF and I love you All, You Know that!!! Thanks for Being here!!!!
    sm-Mary

Saturday, Sept. 9

goodmorning (kinda)
    I don't fell so good, my one glass of wine with a bubble bath turned into a whole bottle of wine and now I feel like sh*t this morning. I'm soooo mad at myself, I was feeling so good about being AF all week. O well today is another day. take my allone and vitamins and hopfuly my headache will go away before my mother gets here. We are going to stillwater mn for a day of shopping. I am going to be AF for the rest of the weekend I don't like feeling this way. Well like you side soccermon its another day of being mod or AF.
    take care and thanks everyone for being here for us all.
    Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Good morning everyone!
      Surprise! Felt I "needed" to check in here this morning and make some promises so I don't blow it today. Stuff to do tomorrow. No headache allowed.
      I did better this past week than I have in a long while. Not a smidge of a headache getting anyone on the bus in the morning or packing those lunches. (hooray for small victories, mothers of the mods board unite!) Soccermom Mary, I know you understand the part about hubby being out of town (mine was all week) and it being more difficult to behave. This wk was good though. Combo topa/running, I believe.
      Anyhoo, have hubby rugby game today, followed by the BAR, of course, then a little shindig at our place for the OSU/Texas game.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Cool! Wanted to see if the big red letters would work.
        Sooooooooo, I gotta behave despite the festivites today.
        My goal is this and I plan to stick to it. That's why I'm using this post as a tool today. Thanks for letting me "use" the forum. (I feel like a dirty USER). Sorry guys!!!
        No more than 2 drinks at each event: game, bar, buckeye game. That's a total of 6 over a long drawn out day. Then I won't feel like crap tomorrow.
        Planning a little 7 or 8 miler in the beautiful AM

Everyone, take care!

Judie, slap that beeeatch upside the head like I know you can for stealing your tips. That's just wrong. Patti, sorry to hear about last night. HATE that when your plan goes to ... bla. Yeah, if you can get your supps and maybe drink some juice... I find eating melon helps freshen up... stupid wine...OH, gatorade too.

Hope everyone else is doing better today and has a great weekend!
        Becca

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Hi,
          I knew that Friday night was going to be difficult after 5 days AF but couldn't get on here to ask for advice as the site was down. Like Patti I overindulged last night and regret it this morning. It was in my plan to drink Fri and Sat----but not soooo much!!
          Lush, I think you did great with your social function. I feel exactly the same as you. While most people look forward to them I dread them.
          Becca, You have a CRUEL STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L.O.L : )
          I need to go and rest my eyes!
          Waves 2
          Enough is enough

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

What was IT about last week???

I too have had a couple of not so good nights - Thursday was the b. day of course - perfect reason to overindulge right? And then last night not a good night either. Just goes to show how very easy it is to backslide. I too hope to do better tonight and tomorrow. Sometimes I think it's just a matter of actually thinking about what we are doing - I have an awful habit of just having one more and not taking in to account how many I've already had. So that's my goal for the next week - "think before you drink"...or some such. Everyone have a great day!
            Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
            Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
            Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
            : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
            "

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Waves & Patti--Don't beat yourselves up too much---although I'm one to talk..I know that feeling well...It's funny Waves, because I had it in on my Plan to, to drink on Thursday night (not a good night to decide to do that either)....anyway...Today is going to be a good one..we'll just keep that mantra going and make it happen.
              Becca---Love your plan for moderating --and yes, I have to keep that vision of how GREAT it feels to get the kids up and off to school without the slightest bit of a headache and an actual smile on my face..it's an amazing feeling and I love it as oppossed to the alternative....and hey--Although I'm in Texas, I don't watch football, so I'll cheer for your Buckeyes, but I don't know how to get the Red print...
              Oh, and Lush--I'm not the best at social functions either..but you did great it sounds!
              Now--I'm going to start this Saturday off right with a walk...
              Love you all,
              sm-mary

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

OMG!
                Sorry I was cruel with the blazing red letters for those with headaches!!:sorry:
                Glad to get the feedback about the moderating plan though. Thanks, Mary. I haven't written one down in a while, so I'm committed today. Thanks again!
                Oh, to do the letters bigger and with another color, write what you want, then hilite it (drag the cursor over it so it turns blue), then go up to the big "A" at the top of this little box. When you click it, a bunch of colors will come up. click the color you want. If you wanna make it bigger, do the same thing with the little drop bar thingy that says "sizes" It looks weird in this text, just like when you put a smiley in. It doesn't actually show up that way as you are typing, but it shows up when it posts.
                Cool huh?
                On with our days! Let's all hold it together a bit better today,ok? Self included! I'm not preaching AT ALL! I had a bunch of wine last night too, having had behaved all week and knowing I had to take it easy today. It was my splurge. Why I feel I need to do that.... I dunno. Whatever. Today is today!

GO BUCKEYES!

Better?
                hee hee

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Well, it looks like we are all in the same boat this morning. I just posted on the GD section that I broke down last night and told my husband about this program (after my second glass of wine) and then proceeded to celebrate telling him!!!! Stupid, stupid. Feeling like crap this morning along with all of you. Funny thing is, though, that I did not have as much as I would have in the past. I mentioned this in an earlier thread as well that if we are going to moderate we cannot expect to be able to drink what we used to drink on the days we do because our tolerance is down. Last week when I went four days AF on the fifth day I only had three glasses of red wine and I was sooooo hurting the next morning. Does anyone agree with me? And I hate to sound codependent, because I am not that kind of person, but not being able to log on here all day yesterday did not help me. Coming on here is sort of my version of journaling and I need that to be accountable. So let's make the rest of the weekend better. I am planning on being AF Monday through Wednesday next week. Anyone want to join me? Have a great day all!! Thanks for your support............Oh and Mary I know what you mean about the homework thing. My 4th grader has soooo much homework it gets me angry (hence why I drink during homework time). I am glad you have the common sense to not pile it on to your students because, yes, we do have a life outside of school work. Grrrr.......
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Saturday, Sept 9

Hey all,

Sounds like Friday was tough on a lot of us. Maybe the message from the Universe for yesterday will help:
                    You do know what to do when the rodeo of life throws you from your horse, and you find yourself sitting in the dirt feeling lost and overwhelmed, distraught and helpless, while other thrown riders and do-gooders approach to commiserate, right?

Get back in the saddle and ride on, as fast as you can.

Hi-Ho, Silver -
                    The Universe

Let's get back in the saddle and ride on, today is a new day!! YES?!

Thursday was the trade show. Someone asked what that is, basically a booth where you showcase your biz. it went well, a lot of women from the biz organizations I am in get to see my artwork and I pick a campaign each year as the main focus. (I realize, I am somewhat outgrowing this group though, as I prefer to meet publishers and larger campaign managers . . .you never know who will be at these though and just one connection that brings you a ton of work is well worth the effort.)

I don't drink at those things even though wine is available as I am afraid I will lose my train of thought and look like an idiot so AF on Thursday.

I had my monthly dinner with 3 girlfriends last night and they were drinking real drinks, I said a glass of water and a rum and coke please. I had missed lunch - it was a pretty stong drink (made me think it was more than a shot or maybe, I am so use to not drinking now my resistance is really low.) A part of me REALLLLLYYY wanted to just drink all night. I had a inner dialog with myself and instead I watched my girlfriend across the table with her gin and tonic and paced myself just behind her. After eating dinner my buzz was gone and I was fine. I really had to consciously fight not wanting to go buy a bottle on the way home. Just a reminder it is best not to have my favorite drink in the house.

I have two new clients today as I took off yesterday afternoon for my mom's first oncology treatment appointment so I have to kind of make up the time.

Even if we falter, it is a renewed sense of awareness and it is just part of the process. I know quite a few had a difficult time yesterday. But hey, the program is just like the Universe said, GET BACK ON THAT SADDLE AND RIDE!! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

Oh, I missed your b-day Trish - Happy Belated Birthday!

Hugs and Love to all of you,
                    Mary

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Mary, how restrained to not drink at the trade show when wine was available. Now THAT takes willpower. I am sure you have said it before elsewhere but what type of art do you do? What a gift to have. My dear sweet mother who passed away last year did not discover until she in her 50s that she was a natural born painter. I have some of her paintings hanging in my house and one in particular looks like a Thomas Kincaid painting, only better. Sadly, I did not inherit that artistic gene except in the cooking department. And I agree, I cannot have wine in the house or it will be gone.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Saturday morning

Well, gang I did have almost a whole bottle of chard last night. My hub had a smallish glass out of the bottle and I had the rest. No headache today though. I drank it over the whole evening, 6:20-midnight. If I can sleep in till aboutr10 a.m. I have no hangover. Not that I'm proud of drinking that much! I want to do two glasses, period.

At least twice a month I go out with the girls and I drink exactly what they drink which is one cocktail and 2-3 glasses of wine through a long dinner. There are two of us who partake during the week, one who does one glass a night and the others don't bother. Doesn't that sound great? Too much trouble to open a bottle, lol.

At other social occasions, I drink very little. See, I can't bear the idea of making a fool of myself. So I say, ok, you can have a couple when you go home. Hopefully, not much more than a couple!!!!

Are you all on topa? I'm still scared of it. Does it affect your driving? Do you take in on the days you decide to drink?

Thanks for the support. You guys are great!!!!

Ivy

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Mornin ya'll!:h
                          Wow!!Look @ this busy place today!!

SC Mary, My idea of "homework" is throwing the old bad apples over fence for the deer! Ha! I wish ... that were all I had to do after work.... At least Hubby took the trash out & washed my truck windows for me this AM!!

Patti, Hope ya feel better . Enjoy your day w/Mom!

Becca!! SOOO Goood to see ya back around !! Hey, when are ya gonna come kayakin w/me? I'll let ya run back upstream to get the truck for our shuttle! It's scenic either way! But there is something to be said for sittin on your butt with a cold one, workin on your tan & maybe catchin a wave!(while workin your "abs"... the other ones.. of course!)

Waves, those social functions can be real challenging .... to say the least! I always have such mixed emotions about em! Especially being related to most of the county & having no secrets in small town.... Having been "in & out of treatment"...twice... It feels like I'm treated like a leper, sometimes!

TrishHappy , belated B-day!! I'll still "card" ya! Jump backm on that horse!!

Lush, you're so right. This is a lot like journaling , I find it very therapeutic. Even if I just get to pick on people &/ or vent..! It's such a great & supportive group here!

Hope I haven't missed anyone...OK Becca I'm gonna try this color mode thang...
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Yeah, Jude, you missed me. Here's an old apple over the fence!:H

Trish, I popped back in to wish you a belated happy birthday. Hope it was the best yet.

Ok, time to take that walk to get all the molecules movin'. The ones that can take it leave it.
                            The real question is do I have enough -- or any -- of those babies!!

Ivy

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

It's official.........I worked my first shift on topa.

Brought out the salads before the appetizers:shocked: %$&%$!!!!

Okay, you think "that doesn't sound so bad, one little mistake." I have worked at the same restaurant for 17 years and I wasn't even busy! The people in the kitchen just looked at me like I was on crack or something:H

Makes me worry about titrating up....I'm only on 50mg for pete's sake.

On a good note.........I've done pretty well moderating. I can't remember the last time I left work after a shift and only had 1 glass of wine!

Hubby is back and town and working full time again trying to save me from myself he doesn't realize that I am the one who is gonna save him! (no more salt and no more trans fat he has issues too)

Boy, this is a very, very busy place. I am just glad it is up and running today.

Happy Saturday!

I think we need to take a vote to add more smileys...I just have more emotions than I can express with the limited selection....and why can't I use more than 4?
                              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X