I am so tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so tired

but I can not sleep. I am so tired of feeling so helpless and weak. That my life could be so much easier if only I could overcome this feat. I want to be healthy and happy and present. Because presently I am so lost.

I am so tired

At least you have found your way here.

That's great that you want to be healthy, happy and present. When I first came here people suggested I made a plan, and I did, it has helped a lot, just what I was going to do to keep myself free of alcohol nothing more than that.

Have you thought about an initial goal for yourself? Perhaps a few days alcohol free and a good nights sleep for example.

If you have an idea of what you would like to achieve people can suggest things that have worked for them.
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

I am so tired

Welcome Lux,
      You have taken the 1st step.
      Keep popping by, read the posts,don't be afraid to ask any questions.
      We're all in the same rocky boat.
      Couldn't agree more with Gold.
      Take care.
      Jackie xxx
      AF since 7th July 2009
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am so tired

Hello Lux, and welcome.
        Spend some time rummaging through the posts. You'll find a lot of help and comfort and see that there are lots of us finding our path and our true identities.

Comment

I am so tired

Lux;688070 wrote: but I can not sleep. I am so tired of feeling so helpless and weak. That my life could be so much easier if only I could overcome this feat. I want to be healthy and happy and present. Because presently I am so lost.
          Lux, you and I are in the same boat. I'm as weak as a kitten right now, physically and can't sleep either. I was up most of the night. Hang in there. As others have said, this is a good forum with helpful people.
          I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

I am so tired

Welcome Lux,

Have you read the toolbox thread in the montly section? It has lots of good advice on over coming cravings. Keep checking in and read and post. There is lots of good support here.

Drinking messes with your sleep pattern. It took a while for mine to get straightened out after I stopped drinking. Hang in there. You can do this and it really does get better.
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I am so tired

:welcome: lux
              Hopefully you got some sleep. I find sleep a problem at the best of times, but especially when I first go AF. I have done it several times. Hopefully this is my last time.
              It does get better. There are some good OTC sleep aids if you are AF now, ask your pharmacist. Good luck and keep posting. We're rooting for you.
              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
              November 2, 2012

Comment

I am so tired

Hi Lux and welcome. I think most people with an alcohol problem also suffer with sleep problems, that was one of the reasons why I drank. I saw my doctor and asked him to give me some thing to help, which he did, for a few days, once you stop drinking your head begins to clear and you will feel better. You have taken the first step which is the most important.
                Best of luck.

Comment

I am so tired

Hi Lux,

Welcome from me too. I know how much it agitates me when I am tired and can not sleep.

You have found your way to MWO which is a good place to start.
                  Read and post. There are lots of people here going through similar problems.
                  Best wishes
                  x
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I am so tired

Hi Lux, and welcome!
                    I use valerian and hops (a herbal sleep aid), but other times I use 3 drops of essential Lavender oil on my pjs. I find it helps sometimes.

Comment

I am so tired

Hi Lux. Nice to meet you. When you get a chance, please feel free to let us know how you're doing, and anything else you'd like to share about yourself.

Not sure how much or often you drink, but I had been drinking all day long, not too long ago. I felt similar to how you're feeling. It was so yucky and sad to feel out of control like that. I got mad at alcohol and myself and decided to make some changes.

In the beginning for me, it was just tapering down that was my main focus ... Instead of a drink every hour, I'd try to go 1.5 or 2 hours, etc. Even adding an hour or two in between drinks was a trimuph for me.

But you know what really helped me to feel better about myself? It was the little changes that I made. ANY little changes, starting with easy ones. Like a cup of tea at an "odd" time of day - I mean, whether I was drinking alcohol or not, adding that cup of tea in the middle of it all was a "change" ... something I took control over at that particular moment..... Or a random quick walk around the neighbourhood - 5 minutes - whether I had a drink on the go or not....... This may all sound silly, but each little "control" or "random change" added up to helping me feel like I had hope... because I actually took control over ALcohol, for at that small moment at least.

And once I started adding other easy little bits of control and change like those above, something bigger took over. I was becoming more powerful against the beast.

For me, doing a big change wouldn't work. It was too much for me at that time. I had to go at it little by little with "easy" things. You have to do what works for you. Just try some different things ... supplements, changes like I've done, or trying out an AF day (if you don't think withdrawals from detox will be an issue if you suddenly stop).

Read around the boards. There is so much to learn. You will find some strategies to try. Just remember to keep on trying, even if what you've tried didn't work - there's always another way to try.

Even if you're a different type of drinker than I was, if you'd like to read about my first few days trying to get off this ridiculous ride, I posted a thread about it here. Sometimes just reading about others' struggles, even if they don't fully relate to your own, can help:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ggy-34156.html
                      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X