Lusus Naturae fades into history...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the reason, haven't been notified in any way, but apparently I've been "restricted". Please, those who I've been in correspondence with, whether in this forum, or in PMs, get in contact with me at lbaclofen@gmail.com. Please. To lbaclofen on this forum, I didn't mean to appropriate your moniker. due to my lack of access to this forum lately, I hadn't seen your user name, and since baclofen@gmail was already taken, L(Lusus) baclofen seemed a logical choice.

I can't access this site from my home computer, that's been in place for more than a week. I can't access it from my work network, that's been going on for a few days.

I will respond to my PMs (those in power permitting), but beyond that, it looks like I'm not liked, for whatever reason. I've thought about this a lot, and can't come up with a valid reason, but there must be some reasone why two IP addrs have been banned, and without any notification. I find that at the very least rude. I can only conclude from what I've gathered that I am not welcome, and whatever IP addy I use will soon be blacklisted. This one included.

Because of that fact, I won't be able to circumvent (whether doing such is a reasonable act, and whether actionable...) the security much longer. This very well might be (if it makes it through) the last post or PM you see from me. If people complain about my lack of response, please tell them that I simply can not.

Please bear with any mistypings and/or lack of response. I'm in a hurry. I don't know when this IP will be banned.

My home addy being banned is one thing. One person affected. My work addy being banned affects tens of thousands of people. The effect of banning this address I can't estimate, but would be huge. I consider this inconsionable, and hope it is some kind of software oversight, and not intentional.

I don't know the details of Bill.P.'s access problems, and whether he had investigated why and/or how he was blocked. Perhaps this is a similar malfunction. Details to follow...

I'll end this post now, and follow up with details later. I don't know when my access will be completely prohibited, so I need to get this posted.

Sorry Zen, no interesting links, no time...

Click here for info about ordering baclofen online.

Zenstyle;688578 wrote: Lusus, it turns out that Bill.P. had a problem with his laptop.

Try PMing Helpdesk to see if they can shed some light on it... I don't think it was intentional at all...
    The real answer is in the details. It could easily appear to be his laptop if his home IP was banned. I'll try help, I just wanted to let people know why I had mysteriously vanished. Though my posts haven't gone the way of Evie's, the thought had occurred...

Comment

Hi Lusus, no Evie was banned and she would have been told of that and given warnings.
      I really hope you can sort this out....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lusus Naturae I have just checked and neither you nor your IP address has been banned. I think you should check with the helpdesk and see if they can help you with this issue.
        Anyone who is banned, gets plenty of warning before hand, it is never done without notification.

Comment

Zenstyle;688640 wrote: That's what I thought Forum Moderator... Bill.P. had the same type of problem.

As alkies are very sensitive you know!!! :H (Sorry Lusus... lol... I'm making fun of myself as well!!!)

Hey, that's an etoh challenged individual
          to you!

And at over a week of non-access (and very specific non-access, traceable to me individually), (and another paranthetical, two in a row, a first for me, over-use of commas noted, what would it do to your
          mind if you could trace lack of access to this site to you individually?)

I'm so glad my access through two different class a IP addrs being shut off completely isn't intentional. I'll pursue this through appropriate channels.

My apparently irrational, though using rational means and analysis was not best expressed in this forum.

I appoligize. I'll take this up in a more appropriate venue.

Comment

Phew! I was appalled and confused when I read the first post here.

I could not imagine what Lusus could have done to be banned or restricted, and selfishly, I couldn't bear to lose Lusus's input.

I was also confused because I have never heard of anyone being denied access without being warned and notified.

I hope you will let us know what happened, Lusus.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm still around, though with extremely limited access. I've tried to reload this thread, and another that Beatle responded to. All I wanted to do is send a PM. The pages simply won't finish loading, so I can't get to Beatle's personal info to send the PM. Frustrating. This has nothing to do with this site, other than the fact that I have to go through a proxy that has issues. It seems to have a problem finishing pages.

For the time being, it seems I will have only limited ability to read and/or post here. At least I was able to make it through my PMs...

Comment

Details of my "blockage"

Here are the details. This is the message I PMd to helpdesk.

Hi Help. Lusus here.

You're probably unaware of the problems I've been experiencing. I started a thread about it here.

Here's the problem: access to mywaout.org is being blocked for two different IP addresses now. It started with my home address being blocked more than a week ago, though I could still access the site through my work network. It is also now being blocked.

The blockage appears to be at eqashhspcd4.iad.keepitsecure.net.

Here's a traceroute:

8 70 ms 71 ms 68 ms hurricane-electric-llc-ashburn.tengigabitethernet4-4.ar3.dca3.gblx.n@_ [64.214.121.170]
                9 69 ms 85 ms 70 ms defender-technologies-inc.gigabitethernet3-6.core1.ash1.he.net [209.51.161.10]
                10 69 ms 70 ms 72 ms r01.iad.keepitsecure.net [69.65.112.1]
                11 69 ms 72 ms 72 ms aggr-sw2.iad.defenderhosting.com [69.65.112.94]
                12 69 ms 87 ms 75 ms eqashhspcd4.iad.keepitsecure.net [74.200.88.6]
                13 * * * Request timed out.
                14 * * * Request timed out.
                The 13th hop never makes it. This is very consistent.

The problem is not at my end. I have one laptop that was not able to reach the site through my home network, but was able to through my work network (until that was also blocked). I was also able to access through my work network via vpn through my home network. I think that pretty well eliminates the possibility that my computer is in some way causing the problem. The problem also occurs on other computers.

Also, the fact that I'm able to get almost all the way to the mywayout server also tends to exclude the possibility of the problem being at my end.

For whatever reason, access is being blocked to two (at last count) completely separate and unrelated IP addresses.

This appears to be at your hosting company.

Let me know if there's anything you would like me to do at my end to sort this out.

Thanks,
                Lusus

Comment

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Update 8/11/09: I have access from work again. Not the best, but at least from here I can access this site without problems, for now at least. I'll have to take the less direct approach (home network -> vpn to work -> Internet cloud -> work network -> Internet Cloud -> mywayout). Not a very direct route, but I hope that works. Shouldn't really be spending my work days reading this forum.

I'll have to see if I have access from home this evening. Last time I checked (within a day ago) I didn't.

I PMd helpdesk. Still no response...

If I can go the VPN route from home through my work network, at least the forum is usable. It was extremely frustrating through the proxy.

Comment

helpdesk@capalo.com

Welcome back! Maybe email would work better than PM? Don't know.

Comment

louise;690488 wrote: helpdesk@capalo.com

Welcome back! Maybe email would work better than PM? Don't know.
                      I'll try that email addy, thanks.

I can now at least get to this site from home, though only through my work network via vpn. Still blocked at home. At least I can reasonably read posts here again.

Comment

Hey lusus, I had a similar problem and I totally convinced myself that I was banned and proxy served a thread just like this.
                        Not sure what the deal was. I find dtunnel https://www.dtunnel.com/ a very fast proxy service or google cgi proxy for a list of hundreds you can use.

I thought hey maybe it was that I had some setting on firefox and adblock plus. So I switched to the dormant safari browser and it worked, then Internet explorer worked then back to firefox and it worked.
                        So I am at a loss to explain what happened and I ended up doing nothing, it just started to work again.
                        Some unexplained glitch. My work computer was fine but home was not for a couple of weeks.

Dtunnel will make it like you arent proxy'ing at all, just remember to click "remember me" when you sign in or you will get kicked almost every screen refresh.
                        Let me know if you like that proxy

Comment

Bill, dtunnel works, and isn't getting in my way too much at this point. The adverts and popups (oh how I hate popups) are irritating, though. I've been reading using my work network via vpn, so didn't really need it. There is info on my home system that I need to make a post, though, so I decided to give dtunnel a try. So far, other than the annoying popup windows, it seems to work just fine.

As I was typing this, I found other problems with dtunnel. There are script errors on every page, some causing the nice features of the post editor to not function. I found that I can't wrap a URL (link) around text, then found that none of the helpful little buttons work. I know I can do it manually, but having things broken is a deal breaker for me.

Anonymouse.org works. It also has adverts, but not the popup kind. The editor buttons work. I don't want to spend time researching the available proxies, so I'll use this one 'till it irritates me (the overlaid adverts are beginning to) enough to find another.

The problem you had sounds very much different than what I (still) have. I have a laptop that I use both at home and at work. It is blocked on my home network, but works fine at work. Same OS, same browser, same settings, the only difference is what IP my requests are coming from.

The thing that really nails it down, though, is the fact that traceroute, which uses the ICMP protocol shows access from my home IP being blocked either at the mywayout.org site, or its host. Since ICMP is way below the application layer (HTTP, what the web pages use), and even the transport layer (TCP), but at the Internet layer, there's nothing sent that would in any way identify me other than my IP address.

It isn't being blocked by my ISP, that would show up much earlier in the trace. It isn't the browser, that would have shown up by using my laptop on two different networks, and in any case, the traceroute eliminates that possibility. Really, the only thing left is my IP addy being blocked.

For completeness, I also ran a traceroute from a different computer in a different part of the country on a completely different network. It made it all the way through to mywayout with no problems. One more hop past where I'm being blocked. That means either the hop before (the internet hosting company, aka keepitsecure.net), or at the mywayout server. There's no way for me to tell which.

I tried PMing helpdesk, still no response 'till now. I responded to the moderator's PM, asking about whether emailing the addr louise posted (thanks louise) would be appropriate. The moderator said it wouldn't be the right place, but would get forwarded to the right place. Mod also suggested emailing help at this site (a reference to which I couldn't find) might also work. I guessed at a couple of possibilites, and emailed the capalo.com addy as well. I received a prompt response from capalo.com help, saying I wasn't blocked (I assume they mean in this forum), but they would send it on to their tech dept.

We'll see what happens from here...

Today marks my first week AL free, by the way. I'll be posting about that elsewhere.

Comment

Lusus,

FYI, I had horrible connection issues for a time from one of my hotels.

It turned out it was whatever server was servicing my connection request to mywayout.org, not mywayout.org itself. Once I left that hotel and came back home, problem was resolved.

I have no idea how one would go about changing what server to which you would be diverted through to service the connection request.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ps - I can't wait to read about your first week AF. I'll be looking for it!!

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X