Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else had Flu (feeling cold)

I been 3 days AF off a 3 day binge.

Still fell rubbish but I have flu like symptoms and feel very cold even though I'd sweating.

Anyone else expeienced this?

Hi Trevor. It sounds like you are going through a nasty withdrawal or you do actually have the flu.
    I got cold shivers when detoxing. I found if I just treated it like the flu it helped. So I took painkillers, lots of fluid and ate when I could.
    Stay strong, you will get through this.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

These are typical withdrawal symptoms Trevor. You could have the flu, but it's doubtful do the coincidence of your being AF. In fact, doctors describe AL withdrawal as often being like flu symptoms. I've experienced the exact same cold feeling while sweating. The good thing is that the sweating usually appears later in the process of withdrawal and you are probably about over the withdrawal symptoms.

Don't "sweat it." Pun intended friend.
      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Thanks and how many days do these cold sweats usually last ?

Comment

I found that day 3-5 were the worst (especially at night while sleeping) and then they went away.

Hope you are feeling better soon - think of it this way - last time you have to go through this! Good for you on your 3 days.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Congrats on your 3 days. Well done! Yes, the sweating is normal .. I went through a few days worth (at nights mostly, but a bit during the day as well) ... One morning I woke up and I was soaked from head to toe .. I mean, I could literally wring out my shirt (sorry if that is too much information - lol) ... My sheets and blankets were also wet.

And the flu symptoms in general .. I definitely felt that way too. The "booze flu".

Keep up the good work!
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Ya, the sweats will go away soon enough Trevor. Way to go!
              I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Trevor,

Hopefully you are feeling a little better today. Great Avatar!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hi Trevor,
                  The sweats soon pass. Hope you're feeling better today.
                  Love the Avatar,may I adopt you.
                  Hugs
                  Jackie
                  AF since 7/07/2009
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

trevor... often i would feel like i had a bad cold or the flu the day after a bender.
                    really nasty... i was so out of it i thought i was 'sick,' not that i had made myself sick.
                    it happened a lot two years back.
                    last year less... this year my goal is not at all. just hang in there... the good thing is that after a while if you don't drink your body heals itself and you feel better!
                    brighter days are coming just hang tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X