Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi all,
    It is so supportive coming on here and discovering that you are not alone in your thoughts, aims and slip-ups. The point that this is a change for life so we can't expect to not slip up sometimes was very encouraging. Thanks for that.:l I was allowed wine last night but drank more than I wanted to. I have decided that next weekend I will buy a slightly better quality wine but only one bottle per night( as opposed to the box and bottles that I bought for this weekend!) Sepnine, welcome. I was just the same as youup until the last two months. I could never remember getiing to bed. sometimes didn't make it to bed at all and yet no after effects in the morning ( except guilt) . Now, I am tending to wake up with headache after a binge. I am looking upon that as a good sign!!

Good luck this week everyone. Thanks for the muted colour, Becca.
    Love Waves 2
    Enough is enough

Sunday Sept 10th

It is very supportive and comforting to come here. It's nice to know people are out there with the same difficulties and won't judge when you slip. It's also nice not keeping this "secret" to myself anymore.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Mornin Glories..
      Well, didn't get a chance to post yesteray but I was in the same boat as most of you..I stayed AF all week, but ended up with one beer and 4 glasses of wine Friday night instead of 2 or 3 as I had hoped..not beating myself up about it, just paying attention to how easily I let my husband influence me. Had he not been drinking, I probably could have left it at the one beer..He really isn't making it easier. I know, it's not his responsibility, but we're going through some funny changes and he's drinking a little more than usual. I know that I can't focus my attention on what he is or isn't doing..it ultimately comes down to my choices..I was AF last night and intend on it tonight..I am PMSing so laying low and trying to stay out of trouble! :0)
      Have a lovely day ladies and any gents to come along!
      Namaste!

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Morning everyone
        Wow there was sure alot of postings yesterday, I just finshed reading all of them. Was there a full moon friday!!! :H Welcome Sepnine glad to see you here. Sorry to hear I wasn't the only one to slip on friday. I took my allone and supps along with some asprin and felt better a couple hours later. My trip to stillwater with my mother was fun, we did the anqiue mall thing couldn't look at everything. AF last night and I plan on being AF all week and maybe next friday too. Yes my tolerence level is very low I had a good buzz going on after the one beer I had and don't remember much after the first couple glasses of wine. GRRRRR but I did good yesterday. Well I didn't get much done yesterday so I better get going on house work and maybe I can find time to do a little sewing too.

Take care everyone I'll be checking in on and off today
        Hugs :l
        Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hello again, and thanks for the 'welcomes'. I downloaded the book and am going to start reading right now. It is a relief to feel that you are not alone in this madness. Just back from vacay where met up with very fab girlfriend of many years, and after getting loaded at the pool (on just 4 wines - I think my tolerance is lower the older I get) and falling into bushes on way back to villa, admitted to friend that I believe I'm a "functioning alchoholic". Was freeing to finally admit to someone. Was searching on net for info, and found this site, so now have others I can talk to about it, and leave poor friend alone! What a horrible piece of news to drop on someone like that, but I'm sure it wasn't like she didn't have a clue.

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Good morning sistas' (and brothers too!)

Welcome Sepnine -:welcome: you'll find this group here so incredibly supportive. I've really come to depend on all my friends here.

Had a better night last night. Still more than I wanted but at least I'm not feeling the effects this morning. I think St. Judie came up with the idea of a big glass of water between each drink and I'm going to try that. I'm even actually thinking about some AF days in the near future which I couldn't even bear the thought of when I first came here.

It's a cool rainy day here - hubster and I have a few errands to run and then start cleaning out our nightmare of a basement :yuk: . Busy week next week - I will just try not to get too overwhelmed. That seems to be when the slip-ups occur.

Have a great day all!:l
            Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
            Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
            Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
            : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
            "

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Welcome Sepnine! Yes, Trish, I agree when the overwhelmness of life hits, so does the call of that big bottle of wine. I too am striving to incorporate some AF nights into Sept. You all that are doing that are inspiring me....I don't get home from everything with the kids until after 8pm some nights, so why the heck not...just finish up the evening and go to bed...ah, the old habit calls! Today is my son's 9th b-day party so I will be taking a group of 9 year old boys bowling and than pizza and I will strive to enjoy every minute of it, as I know my little guy will be 19 before I can blink an eye and these are my moments that I want to remember and treasure and give him the gift of a sober, functioning mommy. I love you my dear friends. You are my gift.
              sm-mary

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Once again we all had a similar sounding night. I had more that I should have but drank slowly over a long period of time and feel great this morning. Not like yesterday. If I can go AF throughout the week, or most of it, I refuse to beat myself up over drinking on the weekends (unless I have a hangover like I did yesterday). Mary, I wish I did not get home until 8:00. That would make things soooooo much easier. At that time of night, although I still want a drink, it is much easier to say forget it and go to bed. I am going for AF Monday through Wednesday and possibly Thursday. If you want to join me I would love the company. I think AF days are a must for me every week so I do not get out of that "good habit." I think if I make that a habit every week it will continue to get easier and easier. Have a great Sunday everyone!!! Thanks for being here............
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Mornin Ya'll! Looking like another georgous day!! I don't have to work till 4:PM & it's my Friday! YAHOO!!

Had fun @ work last night...it was busy... but I still had time to pick on people!! Gotta love that...:H

Went for a nice paddle before work yesterday, & dropped into a small wave train, my doggie was "Hangin 10" on the bow!! Kinda caught him by suprise... he was all relaxed, and I dropped in backwards from upstream, .. so he was quite shocked when he started getting wet!! It was pretty funny.

OK, I'm off to enjoy this day before I go to town, not even 9 AM, & already warming up. I love "Indian Summer"!:h :l ...Judie

PS, had one frozen Tilt, on the river yesterday. And 2 glasses of wine last night after work. Cheers!
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Is there anyone out here who is consistently doing the program - supps, CDs, exercise - without the topa? And if so, are you seeing positive results?

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Sepnine, welcome BTW. I think I forgot to welcome you. How rude!!! Anyhow, I am going a real barebones version of this program; just the supps and the exercise, although not as much exercise as I should be, and I am going to finally see a therapist. I find for me it is more of a habit that I need to get out of doing every day and so I try real hard to get into that mindset and the supps seem to help with that. I am not sure the extent of your drinking issues but I am a very composed functioning alcoholic (not a good thing) so for some reason this just works for me. Plus, I am really ready for a change in my life instead of waking up feeling like the biggest loser on the planet every day. But I have learned on this board that it is definitely to each his own. Some people have gone full board and are doing everything and it works for them. I guess I would advise to start out with what you are comfortable with and if it does not seem to be working then add another aspect of the program. Good luck and stay in touch with us........We all need the support.

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

hungover

I've been doing great for 6 weeks 1-2 drinks,last night went out and had 2glasses of wine and one mixed drink and feel awful this morning. the topamax makes me feel really lousy even when I have a little more than normal, I use to drink so much more and never had hang overs.Does anyone get these headaches??I guess I have to just get use to it,it really is helping me so much...Mare

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Awesome, thanks so much for your comments L!! Like you, I would consider myself a functioning alcoholic - drink bottle of wine every night to blackout, up next day quick and easy, and get my j-o-b done each and every day. Am single, so no one to really hide it from. Am reading the book right now, and only concern is the the topa. If I can avoid that, I'd like to. Will take your advice L, and start with supps, CDs and exercise. L, you didn't mention if you are doing the CDs - are you?

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

I think we have a bunch of early bird east coast folks out here? I just finished my 1st cup of coffee.

Sepnine,
                            Welcome and I believe that MKR-Mary does not use Topa. I believe there are quite a few folks out there that are not using it. I tried the program without it and did not do as good as I have done this time, but I am starting to think that was because I just was not ready to make the changes in my life I needed to. I am on such a low dose, 25mg that I think it might be more of a placebo effect? I am going to stop using it at the end of the month and see if it makes any difference. I still believe the heart of the program is the supps and hypno. You need to reprogram how you think about the drink!

Laura
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

No, I am not on the topa or doing the CDs. Just have not had the need for them yet. Will let you know if I ever do!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X