Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

antabuse interactions

Hi,

I just started taking Antabuse along with campral. My concern is that I am also on Zoloft which I learned you shouldn't take the liquid form as it contains alcohol. Does anyone have any experience if the capsale form is okay?? I can really tell that I'm dealing with the effects of not taking the zoloft, however I'm concerned about a bad reaction...any info would be welcomed!

antabuse interactions

Hi, Laura

The capsule form will be OK - it contains no AL. The AL in the liquid form acts as a preservative. Same as cough mixtures, mouthwashes etc.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

antabuse interactions

Thanks for the info!! I have been taking Antabuse for 2 days with no ill effects, and have 3 day being AF. I haven't been able to go more than a day without AL for about 9 months. I still have some very strong cravings, but I'm just not one to risk the side effects by drinking AL. That's why I was concerned about the Zoloft. Thanks again for the info:thanks:

Comment

antabuse interactions

You should check with a doctor or at least on a drug interactions site, but my experience is that antabuse basically only interacts with one drug... our common enemy.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

antabuse interactions

I did check with drugs.com with the interaction check and it did show Zoloft, but after futher research it was stated it was only the liquid form of Zoloft. I did take one of my Zolofts after the responses and did not experience any ill effects. I think I may not need as much as I did when I was drinking more....not sure..taking it one day at a time. I have 5 days AF and I know I couldn't have done it without the antabuse

Comment

antabuse interactions

I would also like to know of experiences others have had with antabuse, and how long it takes to completely leave your system. I have read several different answers. I would like to know based upon an event or holiday as I would still like to have some wine than. I am concerned about not getting back on if I get off...any suggestions or experiences????
            Thanks!

Comment

antabuse interactions

I have been taking antabuse for some time now. I have not had any adverse effects. I tend to take it when I think I might be tempted to drink, because it does work within ten minutes of drinking al. I believe you need to have approx. two weeks abstinance from the drug if you intend to drink again. I never consider drinking whilst taking it, it really works for me. I know you have to be extra cautious with cough meds, mouthwash etc. but to me that is a small ptice to pay.

Comment

antabuse interactions

Thanks Paula, I too think this is the best way for me to stay sober and in control of al. Have you decided to be AF or moderation? This will be my 6th day of af and I still have some pretty strong cravings, however given the info I have heard I dont dare try to drink anything wtih alcohol

Comment

Working...
                X