Therapy Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Therapy Today.

i stopped Topa, yet my wonderful therapist wants me to take 'another' pill.
    surely i want no more expenses with meds. ??
    she said i looked great and I am a peace-maker. OKAY.
    i have more energy with-OUT Topa.
    i don't need a mood alerting pill. Me and partner are nill in relation. (safe)
    i don't cry or get upset and have been very stable.
    she gave me samples only to bring them back to her.

really i am fine, i cannot be crazy?

I feel so better letting all this out.

:thanks:so much.

~i love my therapist~ she allows me to be me. and i am.
    An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Therapy Today.

well just do what best for you and what makes you feel good .. and yes ilet it out girl dont hold it in .. stay strong and keep thinking positive ..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Therapy Today.

Hey Iirene,
      If you are feeling like you dont want/need to take more meds, have you been able to talk this through with your therapist? Sounds like you aren't entirely happy with it?
      Do make sure you voice your opinion when you see her next.
      Wishing you the best.
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Therapy Today.

Hi Iirene,

You don't sound crazy to me. Pills can be insidious can't they? First one then another.

Maybe voice your thoughts to your therapist as amelia suggests, you don't have to be a peacemaker with your therapist

Anyone who loves pugs is an inherently good person
        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Therapy Today.

What kind of pill(s) does she want you to take... and why? If you don't mind me asking! Just curious.

You sound like you're doing well, Iirene.
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Therapy Today.

iirene,

As a member of the health care community, I just want to remind you that as a patient, you always have the 'right to refuse' any treatment, any medication.
            If you are feeling good now, feeling comfortable with your situation and don't feel the need to try new pills - then don't! You know yourself best!
            Stay well iirene.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Therapy Today.

I hate pills. I know they can be good, but I've always disliked having to take any meds, including ibuprofen for a headache....... (Yet I'd consume gallons of AL - How's that for a twisted mindset?)

In Feb. of this year, I was a bit depressed and feeling anxiety and was just generally icky (mostly due to AL). I made an appt. with my doc and she quickly prescribed Paxil and told me to quit drinking. I was surprised at how quickly she prescribed the Paxil. I googled it and got scared. I didn't "feel" as though that was what I needed. I felt that my anxiety problems, etc., were fixable. I told her I didn't want to take pills, but she really pushed them.

Fast forward ... I fought off a bad AL habit (I was drinking a 5th a day), my anxiety totally went away (and it was so bad that I couldn't drive some days), and life is so much easier to deal with (I think the depression was related to the winter months / hormones). I never did take the Paxil.

I'm not putting down meds. I just KNEW,deep down, that they weren't for me at this time. I think you have to do what you feel is best.... and if you're unsure, a 2nd or 3rd opinion is a good option.
              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Therapy Today.

I think you know yourself better than anyone else. AND... Don't feel as though you need to please your therapist. You're the one that hired her, right?

Comment

Therapy Today.

Although, you've obviously hired her because she knows things you may not, so I'm not saying discount everything she says that you don't agree with

Comment

Therapy Today.

Hi everyone and a BIG THANKS for replying.

i been with this counselor for 2 years now.
                    she knows me well. my initial start was a little drink problem,
                    along with an emotional issue?
                    i stopped drinking for a long time, and i told her i do have some,
                    here and there.
                    my mood is awesome, she is impressed how i am a peace-maker,
                    and keeper within my family and employment.
                    my boundries are healthy now.

although i might need something if i go back to drink like before.

anyone knows with alcohol, it can creep back into your life!
                    that is not the case presently, and my husband is my main source of pressure.

so, lets see what evolves in the weeks to come.

i will report.

Love to all YOU wonderful people. :thanks:
                    An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
                    X