help for tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help for tonight

hello went af 6 days ago -= off to see friedns tonight usually drink far too much and then have huge hangover tonight - also they smoke lots and i given up for 6 weeks.really looking forward to seeing them.
    plan to be af and drive home - also got to get up early tomorrow - please give me some encouragement - already saying to self oh i can have 1(I can't)
    one day at a time

help for tonight

Hey Bear!
    Just imagine how you will feel tomorrow when you wake and you realise how good you are feeling because you have not touched alcohol or cigarettes ? You will feel such a sense of pride and achievement.
    Plus it will give you confidence to keep going.
    Its a few hours of being determined. Go for it!!!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

help for tonight

Hang in there Bear! I'm day 2 AF, and plan to get through the weekend, so maybe we can do it together!!! Make lists of things you'll feel really great about when you wake up and remember you didn't drink last night! Good luck!
      Have a great day! :l

Comment

help for tonight

Hi Bear
        It would seem a little to early to place yourself in that kind of situation. If stopping drinking is the NUMBER ONE GOAL in your life right now you might be white knuckling the whole night. I know I wasn't able to be around my friends who partied till I was further away from al. I will say that if you are determined to stop drinking you will find away. I wasn't strong enough at the early stages of going AF. If you are like me an alcoholic there is never just one always remember that.

Stay Healthy and Stay Strong
        AF 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

help for tonight

You can do it, Bear!!

Just think of how you're going to feel if you if you DON"T drink vs if you do....I bet you'll be SO happy and proud of yourself for resisting and being strong!

Comment

help for tonight

Hey bear,
            How are you doing???

Comment

help for tonight

Thanks everyone - I drank (much les than I would have by at least 50% but still drank)and smoked - in that order - guess the advice that it was too early to attempt this for me was right - live and learn and back on the wagon tomorrow.
              Thanks everyone for taking the time to offer support - Popeye - good to see you're still here.
              Bear
              one day at a time

Comment

help for tonight

OMG, Bear - I was just writing how drinking is probably the #1 reason people lose their smoking quit... and now I see you smoked.

All I can say is I hope you can get right back to that quit... And I also hope (selfishly!) that I learned from you.

I've quit cigs for 2 wks. If you can lose your quit after SIX wks. --- I pray I won't be tempted to drink. I have had a couple (literally) on 2 occasions the past couple weeks, but I really have to be Very careful.

It's MUCH harder for me to quit smoking than it is to quit drinking.

Live & learn!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

help for tonight

encouragement

my husband stopped 2 weeks ago. tonite he is out drinking with PALS.
                  he could be smoking, and if he is, i still love him.

B-73, bad habits are hard to change.

i have a few myself.

:thanks:
                  An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
                  X