Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energized Chook Mods!

Hello!
    Figured that this area would give me some guidance in moderation as that seems to be the way I am leaning right now! Am finding,apart from one bad slip that this seems to be working for me...am controlling it and feeliing good about it!

Thus far my plan is thisplease give advise and make comments on any ways I can improve the plan):

1:No longer drinking bourbon & diet coke..this was my preferred drink!
    2. Making sure I have 2-3 days AF between alcoholic drinks.
    3.L-Glutamine
    4.Not drinking at social events/being designated driver! (Social gatherings are my downfall,I am better controlled at home for some reason...?)
    5. Not drinking on days/evenings before a work day!so I am not tired or fuzzy.
    6. When drinking restricting intake to 1-2 drinks,then diet coke or other non-al beverage!Comments will be appreciated!
    Chicken:thanks:

Energized Chook Mods!

ChickenNumber3;694295 wrote:

1:No longer drinking bourbon & diet coke..this was my preferred drink!
    Hi CN3! Amazing how we can drink less when we're not drinking what tastes real good to us.
    I can moderate much easier on red wine than white (which I love the taste of so much more!)
    2. Making sure I have 2-3 days AF between alcoholic drinks.
    Sunbeam is a great advocate of this. Get that AL out of your system before you drink again. I haven't quite accomplished this one as I tend to drink on Fridays and Saturdays usually. My goal is eventually not to be doing that 2 nights in a row.
    3.L-Glutamine
    Studies show that this works! Many report that taking this can stop cravings within minutes. I realized that times I went over my desired limit I had not had L-glut that day.
    4.Not drinking at social events/being designated driver! (Social gatherings are my downfall,I am better controlled at home for some reason...?)
    Good for you!! I still want my one or two at a party. My trick is to start AF in the beginning and enjoy a glass or two toward the end. I would never have two and drive but am lucky as spouse is usually the DD.

5. Not drinking on days/evenings before a work day!so I am not tired or fuzzy.
    I totally agree with that and feel the same way. I do feel the effects with two or more the next morning.

6. When drinking restricting intake to 1-2 drinks,then diet coke or other non-al beverage!Comments will be appreciated!
    I enjoy cranberry and seltzer water and have realized that that's a must to switch to as I am still in the *habit* of glass in hand but am substituting it for something much healthier.
    Great plan plan Chicken. I wish you continued success. Keep coming here for support.
    We all need each other.
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Energized Chook Mods!

Thanks Eve11 for the comments & ideas for other drinks!
      I think I'm in the habit of having something 'in hand' too!
      Tonight was a wee struggle as hubby was drinking heaps..Long Tan Day over here and he has tied on a BIG one (but not usually)..so almost wanted to join him this evening..but work tomorrow...probably the main reason I did not succumb!
      Still, he staggered to bed about 15 minutes ago and I am glad to say that I wont have his headache on the morrow!!! Poor hubby!!!!
      Chicken

Comment

Working...
      X