Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Sept 11th.

Good morning everyone here.

It's a sad day today , and I have said a prayer for those who lost their lives 5 years ago and for their families. My thpights are with them today.

I'll start off the thread today, I know Gabbs is a bit tired. ( hope that's ok Gabbs ) X

Well for me, back to the bathroom saga again - I'm getting sick of talking about the bloody thing now - -just want it done, so I'm going to work my peach off today.

Had a busy day here at Absville yesterday- we were all right little chatterboxes !!!

Mike, I'm glad that you are felling more positive, and it's really good that we can all share our faux pas with each other without shame, it makes us stronger knowing that we have so many good people cheering us on. I hope those shoes made of ice have melted now !!! X

Macks - Hoorah for psycho devil-man !!! he makes me go into a trance - but I Like It !!! Glad Cloe's shopping trup went well - glad she's not got tothe - I want a mini-skirt and lipstick age yet... nearly fell off my chair about the piercing :H . hope your money tree isn't bare after all your celebrations lately - otherwise you're going to have to sell your body on street corners at the weekend to keep your brood in the manner to which they have been accustomed !!!! Well done on the 12 fish - do you want any more recipes - I've got loads more you know !!!! X

Pansy - how you doin babe, I know you'r bizzy bee - hope you are getting enough sleep. X

Mojo - I hope the alien that invaded your puter has got into his scace ship and b*ggered off back to Planet MSN !!! - sorry about that :blush: X

CV - If you need any help with your decorating - I'm your chap = pop into my shop anytime if you need supplies - we could pop next door and sip one of Nancy's delicious concoctions on the porch with her. X

Gina - I didn't realise you were a midwife - what a wonderful job, bring new life into the world. You say that it's been busy over Labor Day - what an appropriate name !!! X

Camps - Glad you're back on our choo-choo train. It's nice that we can all chug along together X

Kathy - Bet you are having a ball with your sister ( no pun intended re: the tennis you mentioned yesterday ! ). I know your up to your eyes, but try pop in - I love your posts. X

Gabbs - luvvin the poetry but:

I think you're rhymes need more work(y)
    Although i think they're really quirky
    Do arrange some personnell meetings
    With those folks at American Greetings !!

Yeh, Yeh, - I know it's cr*p !!!!

Shall we both submit our work - we could get desks next to each other when they hire us on a 6 figure salary !!! hee hee X

Janet - it's been really mad how quite a few of us have slipped up over the past week, It was suggested that it was cos of a full moon, or maybe the site going down - I dunno. But never mind. It's all good now. X

Lush ( who blooms ) - I think it's a really good thing that you have told your husband, it kind of cleanses you, and it lessens the guilt thing too in my experience. X

Clevvs - I'm so glad that you are feeling better and back to the same old cloggers !!! It's brill that you are feelin more positive, and giggled when I imagined you running round like a headless chicken e- mailing and phoneing like a loony... I'm always ' Last Minute Liz' anyway. I never get round to packing my suitcase until the morning my are due to fly on holiday. Drives Lee NUTS !!

Hope I haven't left anyone out - if I have Hiya

and have a good day everyone

:l
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Monday Sept 11th.

Monday September 11

Hey Bambs,

Thanks for starting things out! This is just another quick one - I'll post more later today. Made it another day in absville yesterday and quite happy to KNOW that I will make it today. Today Dad is getting another test - tomorrow he may be home, after more than a month in hospital!

Well, gotsta hop in shower - have a good day all in absville. Also, thinking of those on this 9/11.

Later, abbers ...

Pansy

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Just a Quicky!

Just taking a few minutes to say hi before I do a few things around here with my sister and then off to work. It's a rainy, dreary day here, but that's good since, until recently, it's been so dry.

Hard to believe it's September 11th. Sad, mournful day. And I didn't even lose anyone. I'm rather glad that I have so much to do today, and not much time to mourn, elsewise, I'd be crying in my cappucino again.......

It will take me days to physically recover from my sister's visit! My back hurts, my joints ache, even the outside of my left hand hurts. Go figure. We put together a portable closet yesterday, but it is really a piece of poo, so we'll be off today after I work a few hours to get something a little more substantial for her to hang her clothes in. (She is taking over the family room in my house for her room.)

It's going to be crazy here after she moves in. I have 5 cats, and she has one cat and a BIG dog! My cats are going to be freaked out to the max. Her cat is fine with the dog, but HATES other cats. We will have to keep them separated until we figure out a way to help them live in peace. How did Noah do it?? Maybe kitty prozac?? Fortunately, the dog LOVES everyone, but is a big loving, energetic doofus! :shocked: She'll want to give all my cats a tongue bath, and I don't reckon they'll like that much. I anticipate a great deal of hissing and spitting!

Anyway, enough of me for now. Happy sober Monday, wherever you are!!

Hugs to all!:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Good morning Absville,

I woke up thinking about 9-11-01....
        The people who died, the people who lost loved ones, and the rescue people who now work that area.
        My thoughts and prayers go out for them.

I read somewhere that the use of sleeping pills and other drugs went up after that day...and I think that is an ok temporary bandaid........but now it is five years later and we as a people would do well to look at where we've been, where we are now, and where we want to go in the future.
        How do we get healed of our past.
        Take note of how "healthy" we are now.
        And how do we move forward without the "baggage" that drags us down.
        Guilt is a useless emotion........it is a tool straight from hell...God does not use it.
        God does use conviction. He uses it to make us see where we're heading down the wrong path. We stop......ask forgiveness and turn and go the way He shows us. "He shall make our pathways straight".
        I (we) fail so many times in ourselves but " He is always faithful".

Mike, I know "God" talk may make you uncomfortable...
        It is "My Way Out"....the very basic beginning for me.
        You guys and this program have given me and many others hope.

"For I know the plans I have for you. They are plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and Hope"
        Jeremiah 29:11

I started this off talking about 9-11........
        They meant that day to destoy the goodness and hope in us. Let's get up, dust off and head down the path God shows us. God will use the "ashes" to grow something beautiful.
        Random acts of kindness, anyone?:h

Nancy & Belle:l
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Good morning Abbsville,

It's a drowsy Monday morning here in the far north. Can't I just go back to bed? No that's OK the coffee will be taking effect here soon and I'll be ready to face the day.

It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since 9/11/01. It seems like yesterday -- yet so much has happened since then, so much has changed.

One thing that hasn't changed, though, is that I was struggling with a serious alcohol problem then, and I still am today. Hmmmm. I observed in an earlier post somewhere that God doesn't seem to let us move on to other challenges until we have grown past the current one. I know that has proven true in my case. It's high time I made this one a thing of the past.... at least the active part of the problem. I'd much rather move on to more interesting things. I'm kind of getting bored with this one. I'd like something new, like learning how to love again, or learning to make new friends (ones that don't come in bottles), or learning new hobbies. Maybe even see some of the rest of this world outside of North America.

We've talked on here about the "yets" related to alcoholism.... all the things that haven't happened to us during our drinking careers. Maybe we haven't been in prison yet, or killed someone yet, or lost a job yet. How about the "yets" of recovery? There is a whole world of possibility out there for us, just waiting. And all we have to do to take advantage of it is keep this alcohol business from taking us over again.

So maybe I haven't met the love of my life -- yet. I haven't been around the world -- yet. I haven't learned to cross-country ski -- yet. I don't have myself centered, spiritually and emotionally -- yet. (The list goes on.) But these things are possible, as long as I keep booze in its proper place, which is OUT OF MY LIFE.

Wow. Ok. That gives me something to think about. Thanks for listening to my Monday morning musings. I can feel the coffee kicking in now.

Hope you all have a great Monday. I will be checking in from time to time. I love taking a few minutes during the workday to read some of the posts.
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

I guys, I'm here readin. Busy mornin and sad too. Caught up in the tv a bit. My internet was out for a little while. All last night. Couldnt stand it. Kath's right about the dependancy.
            Good starting post bambs. So anyway my days are M-TH nights for the next am's posts. So not F-Sun nights for the next am's posts. See what I mean? I know Kathy does. So I wasnt supposed to do this am's post anyway.
            I'll be back for a better post later. Have an appt this am and I wanna get in a workout first. Havent done that in a while. Plus I have the chile to mix. And a bunch of paperwork from the weekend. gotta run....gabby
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Thanks for the lovely post, Nancy.

"God talk" is just fine with me. :l
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Hiya all,
                Just a quick check-in for now, will sit down and read a bit after football. Just wanted to agree with Mike about looking at the positives and the future...My life has changed immensley in the last 2 months....So what is it going to be like this time next year.....You never know Mike this time next year you might be on a frosty slope in the Alps with the love of your life......A lot can happen in 12 months...It already has for me in 2.
                Bambs...I tried selling my body a couple of years ago.....and made 14p.....I'd proberly make more money selling my body PARTS on e-bay.......Anybody want to buy a dodgey liver?

Be back later......Macks
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

I like what Mike said about focusing on what we have not accomplished "yet" by not drinking. I like the optimism and need hope to focus on. We are capable of so many things!
                  Liz, I'm not a Midwife, but a Registered Nurse. I usually work postpartum, but yesterday I got to attend all the deliveries and serve as "baaby nurse"...my favorite job!!! The best moments are during that 1st hour after delivery. Love watching the reactions from the new dads.
                  Home today and tomorrow. Gotta go discuss my contract with my new employer. Hope all goes well. Coping better with the idea of change a bit more.
                  Will probably join the rest of the nation reflecting and crying on the events 5 years ago. Pray for continued healing of our great nation.
                  Welcome to all who are new here and God Bless all who pour their souls out here. You all sound so strong. Be around in chat today! Gina

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Hey!

Hello to you all,
                    Hope everyone is having an ok day despite the sad anniversary..i just cant believe its been 5 years, have been thinking about it most of the day and can still feel the same shock and horror that i felt watching it happen on tv..it was like watching a movie...something that just couldnt be real.

Thank you Kathy for starting a thread for me..its much needed as im really nervous about tomorrow...just the thought of having to go through everything again is tiring me out already. I know i wont want to go but i will force myself...and of course i have the lovely Bambs coming to collect me so i cant chicken out!

Apart from that im not feeling too bad today...which is typical, i bet ill be having a really "good" day tomorrow and they'll think that theres nothing wrong with me..i just have to try my hardest to be honest about everything. I so hope i get taken seriously and can get myself properly sorted out.

Anyways...sorrry for goin on about myself...again!!!

Love to you all

Lou-Lou x x x

P.S. Who is mayor now as i would like permission to open a beauty salon here in absville (pink of course)...so i can keep all you ladies looking gorgeous an guys i can give you all proper shaves an shine your shoes!!!
                    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Lou Lou....the beauty salon is yours! I'm a licenced hairstylist so I can help ya if ya need it.
                      Just readin today I'm here thinkin about tomorrows post and I will still write later. sick kid and chile day. gabbs
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Hiya all,
                        Back again after football, and i cant feel my legs, i am really unfit.......
                        Here you go, does anybody else do this? When i read a post,and if i know where that person is from....The voice in your head.....Does it have their accent?........No........Me neither.

Be back in a bit....just going for another read.......its pretty quiet here today actually........TaTa

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Did someone accidentally kick you on your noggin during footie Macks... !!!!!

everyone has my accent ( in my own mind ) . so sorry about that everyone.

Do you have a sort of really North yorkshire-type accent macks?

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

Yeah.....How did you know? LOL

Comment

Monday Sept 11th.

about the noggin, or the accent?
                              eee by gum !!!!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Working...
                              X