Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to All in Monthly Abs!!

Hello Everyone!

You have probably seen me about for a couple of weeks, I have been reading posts all over the site and they are a real help to me at the moment. I'm on day 15 now and its the longest I have been off the booze for 15 years. Am feeling pretty good, but did have a dodgy day yesterday - comfort ate instead of drinking, ah well, by far the lesser of two evils I reckon.
    I love the messages you guys are posting here, I'm really impressed that a lot of the issues are tackled with a mixture of heartfelt empathy and humour! They lighten my day considerably. Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

WELL DONE AMELIA DAY 15

And congrats on the comfort eating , isntead of the booze. All I do is think about food now ( and then go and eat it !!!!! )
    I am day 13 today ( apart from slip up of 2 glasses of wine last week , and a celebratory Teeny wine with lemonade yesterday for my anniversary - but that was with permission !!! ) - I have put on about 1 stone I reckon sice AF - all of my jeans a getting a little tight around the waist. I hardly ate when I drank - but do you know. It's better this way - at least I can lose the weight - I can't get a new liver !!!!

So keep up the good work. !!!!

we'll have to keep in contact since we are practically at the same stage.

Love and :l
    liz
    xxxxx
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Welcome!

Welcome, Amelia,

We're very generous here in Absville--you'll get a new house, the profession of your choice, a lovely fantasy life, and all you have to do is try hard! What a life! We all love it here.

:welcome: We welcome you with open arms and open hearts!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Huge Welcome Amelia, So glad you joined us. Day 15....thats pretty good. Jump in and make yourself at home. gabbs
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Just be careful Nancy dosn't try to milk ya......
          Joking aside well done on 15 days & welcome....I am also eating like a horse but i agree with you and Bambs....First things first, get the drink under control.....Look forward to seeing you around in Absville.....Macks:welcome:
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

what kathy said!

i've had four glasses of wine (two were preplanned) since beginning mods. i don't think that i've fully begun the program because i ordered the book, cds and supplements after i started posting and they are yet to arrive. it's amazing to me how just reading the others' posts has made me feel less alone in trying to moderate.

good luck to all!

e

Comment

Way to go Amelia!

Please jump on into Abbsville and make yourself at home!
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Amelia,
                You are udderly welcome here!!! Don't listen to Mack........
                Come on down to my farm and pick you out a spot near by.
                :welcome:

Nancy & Belle:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Bambs, Kathy, Gabby, Macks, Eustacia, Mike and Nancy!! Thankyou for your welcoming responses...and of course the cow jokes!! :-) See you all around x Amelia
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

The weekend

Hello to everyone,

Made it through the weekend! Saturday was a huge test. Spent the afternoon with my drinking buddies. I walked into my best friends house with my tea and a smile on my face. Usually I bring wine and beer. Spent some time at the pool and watched tennis for a couple of hours. It wasn't uncomfortable at all. Infact one of my friends was really interested in how I was doing this. I didn't want to be preachy so I kept it lite. Just told him that when I wake up in the morning I feel happy instead of scared, regretful, or still drunk.

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this. I wish I had more to offer in terms of wise words. And maybe at some point I will. Kathy, Gabby, Mike, Mac, and Nancy & Belle, THANKS ALOT! Reading your posts help me more then you'll ever know.

Amelia and E. keep reading.

I made thirty days yesterday.

Sola

Comment

Bambs,
                      Didn't mean to leave you out. Your humor is wonderful. Thank you!
                      Sola

Comment

Hi everyone-

After spending last week in New Orleans for work....I'm ready to join in Abbsville. I guess today will be day two. I only drank twice in NO. First day and then the last night. I'm tired and need to go without.
                        It was good reading your posts today. And Sola...making 'thirty days' sounded like very wise words to me.
                        thanks
                        lisa

Comment

Hey Sola, Well done for making 30 days!!! I don't know if I'd be strong enough to sip on tea if my drinking buddies were around me....Hi Lisa, good on you for getting to day two! I reckon starting is one of the hardest parts of this! THANKS ALOT to everyone else too! Amelia
                          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks Lisa and Amelia,

I thought about this program weeks before I started. Twenty five years of drinking is along time. Finally hit me that one day, month, six months, of no booze, is nothing in comparison to twenty five years of drinking. It certainly hasn't been easy but I'll say it again. When I wake up in the a.m. I feel happy and ready to face the day. A far cry(esp. the last 6 years) from the dread of facing the day when I was drinking heavily.

Amelia, I didn't sip my tea. Was throwing it back as my friends were throwing back their drinks.
                            I suppose I'll need to learn how to drink slowly.

Thanks again for your support.
                            Sola

Comment

Working...
                            X