Thank goodness !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank goodness !

I am just so relieved today I have been taking baclofen for just over two weeks now and I can really feel the difference, but I started to get a really bad headache on Friday lunch time which just intensified right through till yesterday when it stared to ease off. I took various pain killers for it but nothing worked , ended up in bed for 3 days with it. I was devestated as I thought it was the baclofen that was causing it. I reduced my dose I was not on a big dose just 30mg a day 3x10mg but i have cut that back to 15 and will tirate up again slowly.

But have woken up today and my headache has gone yipee !! so I am hoping its just some sort of virus I have had as I plan to give baclofen my best shot !

Just wondering has anybody else experienced extreme headaches on bac , it felt like i had the worst hangover in the world for 3 days ironic when I have not had a drink ?????

Would appreciate any feed back

TY BH

Thank goodness !

Brave,
    I haven't experienced any side effects from the back, but I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. Keep plugging through this.

There is a thread that talks about side effects from the bac. I think you'd get some good feedback if you'd post this thread there. There are a lot of people on that one. Check it out!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thank goodness !

thanks j is the bac working for you ??? I definatley feel differant its like somebody has turned the part of my brain that thinks about having a drink off which is really weird cause I cant even explain it to myseof, is this what being normal feels like a drink is just a drink ??? and I am on a low dose, but I am very drug sensitive and I dont drink everyday although I think about it . But I am not leing myseof get complacement know I need to work on a lot of me stuff , like why I drink mainly habit and know I need to break the habit, bit like wanting to itch your leg even though its been amputated !

Anyway good luck to you

Comment

Thank goodness !

Brave,
        I'm on day 4 of bac. just started 30 mgs. today. I can't say if it's working or not, but I've had 5 days AF and I'm feeling good about that. I have lots of good feelings about this bac. because I've experienced severe anxiety for 20 years + which started long before my heavy use of alcohol. I'm glad this is helping you as it is for so many here. There's lots to read and so many successes! Good luck to you, too!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thank goodness !

Hi J

there certainly is lots to read about bac on here to be honest i get lost with most of it Bill P who I have been informed is on vacation ( Lucky guy) is setting up a web site dedicated to it which should be very interesting if his post on here are anything to go on. I too suffer from anxiety and tend to drink more when my anxiety levels are up but I never made the link before ie reduce the anxiety, reduce the drinking . And on lots of occasions when I really wanted to make a good impression ( which obviously increased my anxiety ) they were the times when i often really messed up and got very drunk !!! ! it all just so ties in with what AM has discovered. And for em coming on here and just posting whats on my mind and getting feed back from my lovely frinds on here makes all the difference .

Good luck J dear friend

Brave x

Comment

Thank goodness !

Quick foot note ! shame the bac does not improve my spelling or typing !!! lol

Comment

Working...
            X