Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrition: Easy and Quick

Hello everyone:

I waited for a bit to post this, but now I have enough evidence from my own personal experience.

Along with all the other elements of your program, nutrition is just as important as any other. I recently found something you may want to add.

I recently discovered those "Ensure Plus" nutrition drinks. They are a bit expensive, but now I have gone through about a dozen over the last few days or so. I've been drinking one in the morning in the car while on my way to work.

Typically, you see them being consumed by dieters and older folks. I just happened to drink one the other night before bed because I had pulled a 15 work day, and was too tired to make anything. In fact, I had two. The next morning I woke up supercharged and feeling great! The feeling lasted quite a while.

Then I started having one on the way to work, and it is really making a difference in the way I feel. I take vitamins, aminos, and herbs, but these little drinks are quite powerful in their effect. I recommended them to my Mom, who is potassium deficient, because each little can has 500 mg of potassium. She told me that she felt super good after having one as well.

Thought I would pass it along. I also found a generic brand of the drink, that has the same stuff, but for a bit less money. I will try those next.

My Mother in law had ensure when she was dieing of cancer. Its designed for people who can't eat and need to put on weight. Alcoholics may need the vitamins but it would be best to eat proper food or have a smoothie and your normal vits rather than wasting money on these.
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

I tend to agree and they are also loaded with bad sugar like corn syrup. Xtexan, have you tried taking the All-One yet? You might be able to eliminate some of those bottles you have by taking it. That picture you posted was amazing of all of the bottles you have!!! I could never choke that much down in a day. You must be very diligent!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Actually, I don't take all that stuff in one day. I take some things on some days, and others on other days.
        Some days, I don't take anything at all.

I don't like daily regimens where I have to take pill "A" at time "X", three times a day. I've been doing this so long, that I have found that certain supplements at certain frequencies work out the best for me. I've been fine tuning this a long time for my own personal metabolism.

It is my belief that each person has their own individual chemistry and metabolism. That is supported out by a great deal of medical information I have read over the years. So when a supplement bottle says "Take 2 of these 3 times a day" I just consider it as a reference number.

I don't feel the need to take the B100 as often as I used to. When I was drinking hard, I felt a need for it everyday. Now, maybe twice a week is it. One nutritionist (I think it was Gary Nall) wrote that your body will get used to seeing the same old pill come down the pipe day after day. After a while, your body will adapt to the dose, just like a lot of people will develop a tolerance to alcohol after years of use.

That AllOne is a great multivitamin that I used a few years ago. Now I use a generic multivitamin.

The Ensure drinks were a real boost for me, but if you are trying to lose weight, and are doing minimal exercise, probably not good. I exercise pretty vigorously here lately, and my metabolism is going up steadily.

Comment

Working...
        X