nutrition powder tastes awful, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys, how are you taking the powder. I tried with orange juice, and with water and v8 and gross, I brought it up. can anyone give suggestions. Is there a pill form instead. Is it that importannt in the program? Alsok, I am on campral and revia, and still drinking. what r thoughts on this. defn. improved. moderate but would like to drink less, not everyday, right now still need to have my 2 glasses of wine at night. weird I know. why I wonder?

The best way it to mix it in a blender with juice or smoothie ingredients like a banana. I discovered that if you put some juice in a jar with an ice cube and shake real hard you can get most of the clumps out and just drink it fast. You will get used to it. ANd if you are trying for moderation 2 glasses a night is great. This program is not a cure-all and takes some determination on our parts to not drink, if that is the goal you are striving for. Even on all of the supps I have days where I really crave but it is getting better once it becomes more of habit to not drink every day. Good luck!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I am lactose intolerant so I make a soy milk shake every morning with allone, and 2 scoops of a soy protein powder from another company. Man that jumps starts my day. I feel kind of out of it when I don't do that. You are right, that stuff tastes awful but with the other powder, it kind of wipes out the all one flavor.

Lots of Luck,
      Mary

Comment

All One

Try using about four ounces of Crystal Lite, and mix in a blender with an ice cube. Adding a packet of Splenda helps. Actually, it doesn't taste that bad in water if you add the Splenda and drink it quickly. Also, I got used to the taste, and now don't even think much about it. I find it amazing that you can drink on Campral, though. I was abstinent for a month using Campral, and got a vicious headache the one time I drank on it. I agree with whoever it was who said this is a process. This week is going a little better for me, but the first week in September was awful--I ended up drinking about 14 glasses of wine over the week. The hypnotherapy tapes are helpful, and I think you just have to keep at it. At least that's what I'm doing. Good luck
        Ellen

Comment

Working...
        X