Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen, drama

Hi All

I know this Bac is a new thing, and we are all an exclusive trial group (and one that takes it upon ourself.

Im having trouble, the Bac is making me feel really floatie (sp?), light headed, un-coordinated (which is a major concern in my line of work) I find myself dropping stuff all the time, even my children comment on it.(they are 14 and 8) I know Im a drunk, (Of course I try to hide it, but who doesnt?) I know I need help, and I handle most things without to much complaint. I am holding a lot of hope on this drug (maybe to much) and have gone to great lengths to get it.

I currently have titrated up to 60mg, very slowly. Scared I remain, the side effects are worse than a hangover, but I dont want to go back

Im unsure that I can handle the tiredness and absolute space cadette feeling, its wasting me. I am currently on 60mg. Have been titrating very slowly and taking all precautions. Im losing hope. I wonder if this will pass.

Baclofen, drama

Hey, individual

I'm sorry to hear that the bac is affecting you so much. My experience has been completely different: I only started feeling anything at a dose of 200mg per day. I'm on 220mg now, and starting to feel the effects - sleepiness, dizziness etc. Weird as it may sound, I'm kinda grateful for the side effects - I can at least finally feel its having an effect!

Be that as it may, have you considered that bac is just part of the picture? It is not (IMHO) going to stop AL in its tracks by itself.

I have approached this journey in a number of ways:

- having a plan, and writing it down, so that I can avoid triggers and change my old patterns of when I drink
    - tapering my drinking down gradually to lessen my intake
    - using supplements to assist with cravings (l-glut)
    - taking multivitamins (B-complex with ginseng) & milk thistle to help my body recover
    - posting, posting and more posting on MWO - I made 1000 posts in 7 weeks :-)

I hope that makes a bit of sense?

What has your approach been?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Baclofen, drama

It will pass!!!!! try triating down a little if you are still drinking the al and taking bac that will make you very spacey. Try and quit the AL intake and slowly triate up with the bac DONT lose hope you will reach your switch off... Just trust the way your body feels and adjust the Bac accordingly

Take care
      Reggie

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Oh and what the tiger says make a plan

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Hi individualnz,

I totally understand what you're talking about as far as the dizzy, spacey, light-headed uncoordinated thing goes while on bac. I had that too while at first. But it went away as I got started acclimating to it. It took awhile (maybe 2-3 weeks??) but it did go away...

--Anna

Comment

Baclofen, drama

I'm having a spacey head thing right now! I'm at 60mg.

Wow Tigger! 1000 posts in 7 weeks?

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Hey Indiv,
              Sorry to hear that you are having such pronounced side effects.

How are you taking your 60mg?
              Can you start really early in the day and space the dose out? Are you eating with it?

I did feel really spacey when I went up to 120, but now I am down to 90 and it seems to be ok.
              Normally I have been doing 20/20/20/10 throughout the day, but today I did 30/30/30.
              Feeling a bit spacey now so I am presuming it is the different dosing schedule.

Can you titrate it down by 10/20mg for a week or so? I really do think it will pass....
              Are you drinking loads of water?
              And yes, I think it is easier without the AL ( if you are still drinking ). The first two months of taking Bac, I was still drinking. It really whacked me out taking Bac as well.

Really do hope you find a way to move forward.
              Best wishes
              Amelia
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Hi Indiv,
                I too had the spacey, high feeling even when I started at 15 mg/day. So I stayed there and then at 30 mg / day -- that is 10/10/10 for over a week and now that feeling has abated. My recommendation is to go very slowly. I plan on adding 10 mg next week. Hope this helps.

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Thankyou all,

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with Tip, I probably need to make a concerted effort to have a plan in regards to triggers etc, I definately need to do more than just waiting for the "switch" . I will carry on but will try what Amelia suggested and space the Bac out more over the day and wait before titrating up again. I guess its really a matter to trial and error to get it working as best I can.

Wow 1000 posts in 7 weeks is impressive, way to go.

Thanks everyone its great to know that Im not alone in all this.

Regards Indiv

Comment

Baclofen, drama

side effects

just wanted to share my experience with Bac so far. I have been titrating very slowly for a couple of weeks (also getting off Prozac , hope to stay off it with Baclofen, Psyc thinks my depression might actually be side effect from anxiety) . I am on 75 a day (I try and take every 8hrs to maintain dose level) . I drank heavily up to 60mg, (was really enjoying how waked I was getting on less wine). Now at 75mg a day I cant drink, at first from side affects, now even if I feel like having a glass of wine I cant finish it. I had a few sips last night and got a piercing headache, and feel very ordinary today.

I have been at 75 for a week (I weigh 50kg, so my ideal dose would be 80mg). I still have days with lots of side affects, but it gets easier each day.

side effects include, headache, stuffy nose/head, spacy feeling, numbness in face at times. Lots of dreams, which I am enjoying. Night sweats decreasing. Ringing in my head, feel like I cant hear properly

It was been a hellish 5 weeks, and not out of the woods yet, but Im going to perservere as I just dont want to drink like I was anymore.

I am going to have a look at why ive felt the need to drink so much for so long. I certainly feel like Im at a loose end being sober at night without a drink in my hand.

Hope my experience is of help to others. All the best. :h

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Hi Ibaclofen,
                      Yes I have had some of your side effects too. Although not badly enough to put me off taking the Bac.
                      It is great that you have lost the urge to drink.....a fabulous side effect!!
                      I am enjoying my nights AF. I have suddenly found so much to do. What on earth possessed me to drink like I did for so long!!?

Indiv,
                      Good to hear you are going to perservere... I still haven't raised my dose from 90 as occasionally I am getting that spacey feeling. Not strong, but still there. More often when I am relaxing - not working.
                      But I am working crazy hours....so that may be the reason. Would be interested to hear how spreading smaller doses out during the day works.
                      Keep at it!
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Thanks Ibac,

I too have been drinking whilst on the Bac and it really does make me more spaced out on less wine. Im titrating to 70mg today, (previously on 60mg) still minimal releif from cravings, and quite a few side effects. Im still very uncoordinated, and having trouble stringing sentences together, literally! I feel like I have dropped about 50 off my IQ! I cant remember words I want to use etc (I have a job interview on Thursday which is a worry!) Im also feeling quite depressed, Im not sure if its attributed to the Bac, or just differing stressors, most probably a mixture,but I do have a predisposition to Depression, I too am on Prozac,but not weaning off, not yet anyway.

Anyway Im gonna keep on going with the Bac untill I hit the off switch, hopefully the side effects will either ease or increase as the dose increases, and at least that way I will know one way or the other whats attributed to the Bac and what is not.

You sound like your doing really well, up to 70 is great and it sounds like you may have a hit the level that is right for you. Well done, I bet your stoked!

indiv

Comment

Baclofen, drama

He he Amelia

A long way from Nuuu Zealand huh, you can take the girl out of the country but you cant take the country out of the girl, hehe.

Spacey at 90mg?? Do you still get cravings at all on 80mg??? Its amazing how that 10mg can do that. How long have you been at 80 for??? Do you find the Bac affects appetite at all?

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Woops, Indiv we cross posted.
                            I drank for the first two months on Bac. It was only when I made a decision to cut the booze and continue with the Bac, that my side effects lessened and my results with Bac improved.
                            So in the third month, everything just seemed to start working in a positive way with Bac.
                            Amelia
                            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Baclofen, drama

Cross posted again!!!
                              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                              X