My Moderate Meanderings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Moderate Meanderings!

This is going to be where I record my travels into the world of Moderating!

Here goes:

.......................hmmmmm thinking about the plan some?

1.no favorite alcoholic beverage...ever again!!!
    2. for every week I avoid a binge or hangover, I stick $5 in my kitty as a reward..to spend on something other than alcohol!!!!
    3.using Glutamine( but do I have both tablets in the am or do I have one in am & one pm? which is better?
    4.Drinktracker every night
    5. Report in here most nights for an update
    6. my fave hangout over at the Newbies Nest..most days
    7.never drinking the night prior to work..which means Tues and Thurs evenings!
    8. always being the designated driver to social event so I avoid alcohol in public
    9. replacement bev's are diet coke, green tea cordial,lemon lime and bitters or the occasional champs or mead!
    10.continue to exercise and take herbal supps: Olive Leaf Extract;Glutamine;multivitamins & evening primrose oil & Omega 3 Fish Oil!
    11. eat healthier
    12. above all remember how to laugh and have fun
    13. cause I won't end on an even number.....think of my achievements and blessings every night at bedtime!

Right,that's the plan! Let's see how I go. This is gonna be one hell of a ride for this lil chook!
    Good luck ChickenNumber3!!!!!!!!yeehaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    *cluck*

My Moderate Meanderings!

On 5 th drink of Mead here! dang it! was going to stop at three! what happened? why?
    *sigh*
    I shall redress it on the morrow I guess!
    chicken the moderate

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

goodluck on your moderating chicken,i be keeping an eye on you to see how its going,i might even learn something

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Hi Chicken,
        Welcome to the mods group! You have a plan, that is a good place to start. I think most here end up changing their plan if it doesn't work: the old addage about stupidity or insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. My best tools are Drink Tracker, where I plan days in advance when I might have something to drink; and keeping to a reduced frequency, so my cravings don't build up. We all use different strategies.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

HI Buddy!

Well I had 5 drinks of mead...but now on water & lemon! So not stuck to the plan, but first 'bad' night!
          Hope one of us learns something!urgh!
          Here goes nothing!!!!!
          *cluck*

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

thanks Sunbeam! I needed that!
            Chicken (was loosing perspective already)

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Day One of Official Modding!
              Woke up tired from last night and although not hungover...definately not energetic.
              Spent day cleaning at home and got alot achieved despite my overall lethargy..but now very weary and ready for bed already at 3:30pm! Looking forward to a quiet night of roast dinner cooked by hubby,AF and early bed. Doesn't help that two year old is waking lots every night and I'm not sure why...maybe teeth? Hope it finishes soon though!
              Have had diet coke this afternoon and water with lemon!
              Over and Out
              Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Memo to Me!
                As of today it is 30days AF..then will consider moderating! Need to detox and get healthy again first!
                Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Chicken,
                  Yes, don't be in a hurry to have that first drink. It is much easier to remain AF than to control the amount we drink. So it takes hard work and conscious effort to drink moderately. Not worth the effort on most days for me, just an option I want to have for social occasions, including special dinners with my husband.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Thanks Sunbeam! I lov your quote about every weekend is not an occasion-that spells it out for me!
                    Just thinking things over and realise that before I can moderate, I must break these old habits..so that requires the 30AF! Then I will look at it again! But I shall keep using the Drinktracker and this as a bit of a personal journey to see how I'm going! Already I can see a pattern in the Drinktracker...scarey to see it there in numbers that you can't ignore...but a fantastic tool! So here I go, so far Day One has been busy and AF! I don't tend to like counting days...but for this I will!
                    Thanks again for the encouragment and advise,always appreciated!
                    Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

I had planned to Moderate over the weekend. I did pretty poorly on Friday and terrible on Saturday. Sunday only had a bloody mary and really didn't finish it. I'm thinking about just giving up the ghost on moderating. For me, although I can do it most of the time, the times I do not are just not worth it and cause me so many problems.

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Hiya Chicken,
                        Isin't the DT a wonderful tool! It really does give us an accurate account of where our strengths and weakness' lie.

Mebill, on another website "moderation management" one of their golden rules is never to drink 2 nights in a row. This is something that I adopted when I first got my game plan together and it really is a great rule. It made me think very carefully about which night on the weekend I would have a glass of wine and often I would decide not to because the occassion didn't warrant it.
                        Unfortunately I am back in the mindset of "oh, it's weekend and therefore I can now drink" :-(
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Day 2:Clucking On!

Hmmm!

Well had a good night's sleep and woke up rested and not hungover (always a bonus).
                          Had a busy and active day and feel warm and fuzzy about my achievments. No temptation to drink, but then that doesn't usually hit until day3-4! So time will tell. Then the weekend is a BIG hurdle with no hubby around. So will have to wake up the old willpower and get Will's slovenly act into gear again!

Feeling generally positive though and fully intend to stick with my 30AF before deciding what happens next..no point thinking about it until the mind that does the thinking is clear and toxin free!

Achievements today: no alcohol; exercises done; supps taken as planned; heaps of water & fresh lemon had; reasonably healthy diet; heaps of quality time with 2 yr old daughter;heaps of quality time with 4 yr old daughter after kindy.
                          Busy day ahead and feeling motivated so far.....here I go for round 3!

Hi mebill,welcome to my rambling/meandering diary of my moderation plan. You are most welcome to join me on the 30AF,as I am only on Day 2.....leastways you can see if it works for me (cross your fingers too!) By the way, I can rarely stop at just one or two,so you are not alone in this!

Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

OOps missed your post DeeBee!

Yup the DT is great-satisfying to fill out with all the zeros too! The idea of not drinking two days in a row is one I shall keep in mind when/if I go back to alcohol after these 30 days! Thanks for your input!
                            Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Great job on notching up those AF days Chicken.
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X