Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Sept 12th

Hi guys,
    My goodness Bambs! You did a wonderful job with opening post yesterday. Are you on the calendar? You should be.
    Wadda mean my poetry is quirky? And needs more work? I was feelin so good about it. It would be fun to both have a job there together. Only for the 6 figures of course.

Good for you Pansy for one more days growth. That's the only way to stack em up

Oh Kathy, I missed it that your sis was movin in. I guess that's cool or ya wouldn't be doin it. So I'll say "How Fun." I also didn't know you had 5 cats. I thought I was bad with 4. I have a big doggie too. He is a great big golden--my husband and cuddle monster.

Nancy, I like your talkin about GOD. I really feel that we have invited GOD into Absville here with us. Speaking for myself I try to tackel far more than I need to in my life and wait to get tired before I turn the heaviness over to GOD. So you remind me of that and it helps me. I didn't get the feeling Mike was uncomfortable tho.
    Guilt I need to work on for sure. I havent even done anything wrong half the time and I hold on to guilt. I must love to suffer.

And Mike, I really tuned into what you were sayin about the "yets" that won't happen if ya have alcohol in your life. A cool way to look at it and definitely something to think about.

Gina how fun to be baby nurse. Glad you have a couple days off tho. And good luck with your new employer and contract.

Lou, Lou, We are all thinkin about ya today and anxious to here what happens. Let us know asap. : )

And Mack, please dont take me off your Christmas List. I'll try to be nicer. (even tho I bet I wasnt gonna get anything anyway)

Kathy, and Janet....Happy Tuesday!

Sola, how was your weekend?

Wellseasoned and Lisa3102 how you two doin?

Now I know I'm missin some folks, I just cant come up with em right now.

Yesterday was surly a sad day for me too. I am ready for today and ready to move on with the current tasks. Hope the same for all of you. Big Smiles.....Big smiles. Gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Tuesday Sept 12th

good morning gabby. i got my book in the mail yesterday im soooooooooooooo excited.i will be busy today reading today in between appt.i had an awsome day at work yesterday(ty hundi i assume you read but dont post)made some big bucks horray. im gonna be british before you know it!does this mean i get a pup tent in absville?me and oreo would like to be a memeber not quite abs but trying very hard!

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

oops

oreo is the dog in the pic by the way. just occured to me you guys would have no clue what i was on about.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

loving too much is killing me slowly

Hi. I don't even know where to start from, like all of you, my story is much as long but I will make it as short as I can. I am 30 years old, live in Germany and killing myself with alcohol. It started almost four years ago, on and off, has gotten worse after I left my husband a few months ago, who was determined to see me go down the line in all ways. Lonely days at home scare me, so instead of buying a bottle of wine I have settled for two, and smoke just as much, almost eat nothing. I have lost so much weight but only I know why, other people think I am spending so much time in fitness studios. No it's the bottle. I wake up each day and tell myself, not again, sometimes I manage but most times I don't. I am very much in love with someone else, and the pain is I could never tell him (complicated situation), so instead I suffer inside alone with the devil by my side. I am alcoholic, I know it, and it is embarassing me so much to an extent that I have never gone to a doctor. The thought alone of taking a therapy makes me so scared even though I know that I desperately need to. This is my first step to the way out, friends, where do I go from here? I want to get out of this dangerous hobby, desperately, but I now know that on my own, I'll never do it. Every advise could save my life. Thank you. Carla

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Good Morning Absville,
          First of all i want to wish good luck to Lou today, i really hope they can help you.
          I think i missed something here yesterday. When i said it was quiet i think i misread the atmosphere.....I think somber might be a better word...I apolagise.
          Okay, i got a few mundane things to get on with today.....Sounds terrible but i'm glad it's not anybodys birthday.......Have a good day all and keep up the good work...Macks
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Hiya Carla,
            I was posting the same time as you, so did'nt see what you had to say....First of all well done for recognising your problem, and coming here shows you want to do something about it....You sound like your at the end of your tether...
            Why not go and see your doctor? I guarantee he has exsperianced people with your(our) situation many times before...
            It is a big step but it does get the ball rolling and brings you one step closer to where you want to be....
            stick around here Carla there are a lot of people who can give you really good advice.....stay strong.....Macks

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Hi ya, Carla,

Believe it or not, the pain is probably worse because you are drinking, because you've got the added guilt and shame. After you've hung around here for a while, you won't feel so ashamed. We've all been there. Definitely check out all the topics, including "just getting started". I don't want to sound preachy, because I know as well as anyone else how scary it seems to think of life without the old wine! When you've worked up to letting it go, believe me, life without it is easier than thinking about life without it. I AM SORRY about your disappointments in love, too. I've had a few of those myself in my life. Anyway, you'll get lots of advice and support here at MWO, so I hope you'll stop in frequently and learn all about this program and the great people here!

Otherwise, it is good to see you back at the helm, Gabbs. I'll be taking over for the Fri,Sat, and Sun posts (my part-time weekend job!)

Sis is leaving today:upset: but I've got lots to do in the next ten days to get ready for her coming for good! I could hear the skepticism in your voice Gabby! We're looking at it this way. She's going to come here to live, but we're keeping our options open. We're going to see if we can live together, or if we end up scratching each others' eyes out. Either one is possible!:H If things work out well, we might look for a bigger place to buy. If they don't, she will look for a place of her own. We have both agreed that we have felt BOTH WAYS ("this is GREAT" and "this will NEVER WORK") in the last four days. Meanwhile, she will have a place to stay with only a small expense while she looks for a job in her field (she'll be paying for food and part of the utilities). The financial break that gives me will help me get ahead a little. So what's to lose? We've talked it over thoroughly, and I will be at peace whether we end up living together or not. We've agreed to be honest but tactful. So we'll see.

Anyway, I've been eating like a little piggie the last few days--afraid to get on the scale now. Sis can keep all sorts of goodies around and not gain a freaking pound. I have a little "dorm fridge" that I want her to keep in her room to keep those sweets out of my sight!:H

Anyway, I have to go help her pack up her car in a few minutes. It will be good to have more time to type to everyone more personally again!!

Good luck today, Lou-Lou! Keep your pecker up!!!

Lots of love,
              Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Good morning all.

I'm still hanging in there on Day 9 of the cleanse, still abs, although I have had 5 cups of coffee during the cleanse, but it's really amazing to NOT be having the constant cravings for alcohol! Wow, perhaps it's because I had just made up my mind that I was through trying and this was just how I was going to live for the next few weeks. I'm not sure but it is definitely a nice change that I'm not going wacko with cravings.

I will say that I was a bit worried because I am off all of the supps and meds as well, but beyond the first few days of emotional issues with my daughter and my bf being there, I'm happily alone with the animals and work and generally, just experiencing the changes in not craving the drink. Maybe that's becuase I had been consistently cleaning up my diet for a few weeks earlier anyway that helped with the transition.

Gabby, you make such a good mayor and everyone else here is doing so well, it's great to see.

Karla, I know the kind of place that you are in because I have been there (complicated and all), but you can get out of that place. Please know that you can go to the top and click the link to Roberta's blog and download the pdf version of her book for free.

Read the book and also check out the amino advice for both depression, anxiety, drinking cravings, etc., in both the research forum and over at the biorecovery website. The status of your health and your neurotransmitters have so much to do with your frame of mind and your ability to recover and get out of the darkness.:l Learn all that you can, see your doctor and become your own best friend.

Mack's, I'm glad that you don't have another birthday either...have a peaceful day.

For all other, please enjoy yourself whereever you are and have the type of day that you always dreamed of having.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

My birthday

Actually, Mack - it's my birthday - my 50th. But you're right - it's nobody's birthday. I'm hoping like hell it's my last

I woke up today hobbling for no reason. My foot is killing me, and I don't have a clue what I did to it - must have twisted it or just old age. For the last six weeks, I have been working this program like a champ. My exercise routine is back in top form. Eating nothing but healthy, two drinks in the last 43 days and today, I can't work out because I can't even walk to the bathroom. This always happens - I get my life in order, and something stupid happens.

for the last six weeks, I have been sitting home alone or working because my husband would rather be at the bar than sit with me. So I guess the message is that my life sucks when I drink and it sucks when I don't.

I've posted here pretty regularly, except for the last couple of weeks, and have been pretty well ignored for the most part. This always happens when I get involved in a group - I am invisible and I never, ever fit in anywhere. I don't think I'm adding anything to this group, so I won't be back.

Best of luck to all of you - don't mean to be a downer, but that's how I feel.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Good morning all......

Just thinking about Lou and Bambs............and praying that they will be surrounded by "hedges of protection".

I'm so happy that we're getting a beauty shop! I need help in time for the wedding. Less than 3 weeks away now!

Went to see the 8 year old grandson play football yesterday. What a JOY!
                    They lost the game....7 to 14......but they played very well! They played the "Blue " team that won the championship last year.

Kathy......I wish I had a sister! I have 1 brother and we are pretty close but don't think I could live with him. He is a pack-rat......I like to be able to actually walk through my house!

Gabbs...yesterday was a downer day....I didn't turn on the tv. They did have a moment of silence at the game last night. It was such a small thing compared to what happened 5 years ago.:upset:

Plan for today:
                    Eat a healthy breakfast
                    take supps
                    drink lots of water
                    go pick butterbeans..again! Last time though! yea!
                    walk for at least 1 hour
                    listen to cds
                    work in the garden...cleaning up! Yea!
                    check in here

Later neighbors,
                    Nancy & Belle:l
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Hey wwbarb.............

I'm sorry that you feel that way......... this group has grown so much since I got here that it is hard to keep up with everybody.
                      You sound really depressed. It's hard to live with a hubby that drinks when you're abs. Been down that road myself.
                      Happy Birthday.........and please come back!
                      Nancy:l
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Barb, please dont think like that, you are a part of this group as much as anybody else, its hard to tell sometimes if somebody has given up giving up ( if that makes sense ) and that they have just left the site.
                        If you are having personal problems at home, or if you are struggling with the drink one night, or even if you just want a chat please come on here and tell us about it.
                        I feel the same sometimes, i can ask somebody a question that never gets answered, or say something that gets absolutly no response what so ever...but i know its been read.
                        Please, have a think about it at least...We dont want you to go.
                        I hope your birthday goes well today ( Your only 50 once )...I cant wait till i'm 50 because the kids will be grown up and they can look after me for a change.
                        Really hope to hear from you soon Barb....Love Macks:l
                        P.S. Well done on the 43 days......Brilliant.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Hey Barb,

Don't go. There is a lot going on here and it's a bit overwhelming. (at least to me)

Sola

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Wow, Barb, I'm sorry that you feel that way, as well. I'm hoping that you won't go, just like Nancy and Mack. You sound like you've been doing very well with your program, and I hope you will continue to do so. I can't imagine how much strength it takes to do it with a husband that continues to drink.

I hope that you will continue to try here on MWO. I'm not good with groups, either, and MWO is the first time that I've felt pretty good about a group experience. Now that you've let us know how you feel, won't you try again???

Kathy
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Barb, I sent you a pm but I echo everyone's sentiments. Don't leave. Please look at this as a plateau and when you get to the other side, it's much better.:l

Comment

Working...
                              X