Question re L-glutamine and Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all of you who have so generously shared your experiences with Baclofen, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was wondering if anyone taking Baclofen is also taking L-glutamine, and whether it's safe to do so, since they both work on GABA. The main reason I ask is that I have noticed a marked improvement in my mood since I started L-glutamine and woulld like to be able to continue taking itif it's safe.

I ordered my Baclofen last week and am "anxiously" (pun intended) awaiting its arrival. I'll post about my progress as soon as I start.

This has given me hope, when I thought there were no options left. I just can't seem to stop drinking, despite all the consequences, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again to all of you!! :h

L Glut and Baclofen

Hi Zen,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

I'm glad to hear that and now I feel more comfortable about taking both.

Will keep everyone posted

Mare

Comment

Like Zen, I take both -- although the L-glut is on a very irregular basis, while the Bac has to be on a better followed regime.

I think the GABA receptors they affect are different.

Anyway, I have never heard anything about L-glut interacting with anything else.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Mare,

You sound like me just two weeks ago anxiously awaiting my Bac. There will be side effects, everyone is different. The one that is bothersome is somnolence. I get very, very sleepy, groggy. But, I'm not drinking like I was and that's all that matters. You will be surprised and it should give you hope. It did for me. I'm just happy that I can now look forward to living a "Normal" life. My life was starting to be consumed with drinking and drinking thoughts and anxiety and depression. I am so happy now that I can look forward to a life without all that. What a relief! I'm up to 80mg. As you know, by reading the Bac threads that everyone is different in the dosage that they need to "feel" the effect. Just keep on titrating up.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Im excited for you Mare, thats awesome that you are going to start the Bac, I think just knowing that there is a potential cure is enough to give hope.

I might try some of glutamine, I could do with a mood kick! I am Currently at 70mg. Still drinking, but probably not as frequently, and terrible hangovers on much less wine.

Britelite, you sound like your doing really well. I enjoy your posts.

Indiv

Comment

Started Baclofen

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement.

Yesterday, Friday, was my first full day on Bac. I took 3 doses of 5 mg each. Had 2 glasses of wine last night, but I was out and afraid to drink more since I had a long drive home. I was also a bit nervous about drinking too much and having a bad reaction with the Bac. Thanks to Zen for posting about her experiences on that subject.

Today will be hard. Saturdays I get bored and tend to drink. Again, I'm a bit leery of having a reaction, so I hope it will make it easier to say no to that demon in my brain :alf:

All the best,

Mare

Comment

Working...
            X