Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, September 12

hi everyone . . .

i hope that everyone is doing well today!

i'm not. i've managed to moderate my drinking fairly well but i've gained another enough weight to go up a dress size since starting the program about 2 1/2 weeks ago. i've been very careful about what i've been eating so i have no idea what is going on. anyway, i just wanted to rant. i'm trying not to get discouraged. maybe i'm having a paradoxical reaction to the hoodia. who knows? rant over.

e

Tuesday, September 12

Good morning all..

Good morning...

Don't get discouraged E - good things take time and determination. Are you exercising? that can make a big difference. I haven't lost much weight either but I've been allowing myself to eat more in compensation I think.

Well, fellow "abbers" I have had a lapse. Not awful, awful but starting to slide down that slippery slope. I had been very good with the sups until the last week. It seemed I was never where I needed to be when it was time to take them and so got off schedule. Then last Sunday, the day for counting everything out in my weekly pill box - I thought too much trouble!! Well after only three days of no supps have had two not so good nights. Coming to these boards has been and will be a lifesaver! Have any of you read any of xtexan's posts? He truly gives me inspiration. I was reading the holistic thread this morning and just finally said to myself -"get up off your butt and go fix the supps" and so I just did. Downing my first handful of the day.

This is what makes this community so great. No matter the slip ups we can come here and get re-energized and start again.

Thanks to all of you and your help. This is a great place to be!

Everyone have a good day.
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Hey, Trish,

I have had a slip up, too. I had wine for breakfast this morning. I literally could not find anything to wear today that I could get around my waist or that didn't have big gaps between the buttons! I know that I shouldn't do this. I was just really, really depressed. I have been exercising although no more than before I started the program 2 1/2 weeks ago, I've been especially careful with what I've eaten and I've only had a total of four glasses of wine (OK, because of this morning's breakfast, five) which is a significant cut back for me.

I'm usually not such a baby about things but I have some really important things I've got to get done this week and it will be expected of me that I look "good." I'm just so discouraged and depressed . . .

Thanks for your note, though. And best of luck to you.

Eustacia

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Good Morning!

Eustacia,
        Oh, do I know how you feel about the weight. I'm wearing sweat pants every day because my jeans are just too tight and I refuse to buy bigger ones

Yesterday I had to go on walks between the rain drops so I ended up going on three 15-20 minute walks. It seemed so much less daunting to go on a few short walks then to gear up and go on one really long one

Trish, I'm going to go read some of xtexan's posts. I need all the inspiration I can get! Oh, and I missed your birthday......HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Mary Anne, Thanks for your kind words yesterday. I'm "back in the saddle again" and I appreciate the encouragement! I chickened out on going up to 75mg of topa I went to 62.5 for now. I wanted to let you know that my very best friend in the whole world is a horse lover too. I swear she is part horse! I love to see how passionate she can be about them.

Jenneh, How'd the golf game go?

Mary, I am positive, because I have done research on alcoholism, that drinking too much will raise your blood pressure. I am sure the exercise and CDs have only added to lowering it, congratulations
        !

Patti, Lush, Dilayne, Judie, Becca, Stepnine, Sm-Mary, Laura, Mary8305, Notpowerless,Waves2, Ivy, Ellen (where are you Ellen), I hope I didn't forget anyone! Have a great day!!!:l

The Mods are growning by the minute :wd:
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Good morning Eustancia, Trish, Rachele.
          Going to make today AF. Lots to do on this rainy day...errand crap. Feeling a bit better today. Yesterday was so SAD and I did drink wine, but not to blitzo state...nothing to be proud of though.
          Anyhow, I think I'm gonna go for at least today, maybe today and tomorrow AF.
          Being here helps. Thanks:l
          Judie, don't get eaten by a friggin bear. Geesh.
          Eustancia, about the weight thing, for me it seemed to come off it spurts. I would get stuck at a certain weight forEVER, then lose 4 or 5 pounds. That's happened a couple times over the last 7 months or so, for a total loss of 9-10 pounds. It's a waiting game, for sure, though. Are you drinking lots of water? What about the salt intake? Sounds like with the clothes not fitting it could be a bloating thing? I don't know. I do know how it feels when that stupid scale is not moving. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If diet is good and alcohol is down and you are exercising, it WILL come off.

Have a great one, everybody!

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Oh Eustacia, I KNOW your pain. I had successfully lost 30 pounds and kept it off for the last four years, all the while drinking like a fish. The only change I made was not drinking beer anymore. All of a sudden this summer I put on 8 pounds and that is when I started moderating. I am exercising, eating a very healthy diet, and have cut way back on the wine and not one damn pound has come off. All of my friends are telling me it is because I am turning 40 in a few weeks. Could that be your issue as well? I do not know how old you are but I keep hearing it gets harder as we get older. DAMMIT!!!!!

Yesterday was just so emotional for me and I gave into my cravings and had some wine. More than I should have but I feel fine today. I am not even sure what my goals are for today anymore because I am still in a funny headspace. I think PMS is slowly creeping up on me as well. Oh joy!!!

Anyhow, I am not good at remembering everyone's name here and personally saying hi so I will just give a global hello and thank all of you for being on this thread with me.......Have a great day!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Hi all mods,

You are so right, it is a large, wonderful group of mods!

Note from Universe:

*****The Universe

OK then, WE say so!!

E, I am so sorry that is happening. Can you find a couple nice suits or looser dresses and a nice jacket that you might be able to get away with over the next few days. Becca is right, if you drink water, exercise and are not drinking, it HAS to come off. Don't they say sometimes when you first start a diet, you actually show weight gain and extra bloating vs loss?

I sure still get quite bloated around my cycle which is just too weird as I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago. I can tell exactly what part of my cycle I am in . . including the PMS part!! Watch OUT!! I thought once that sucker was gone, I would never have any bloating again. . . obviously it is all hormones.

Trish, I read a couple of xtexan's posts yesterday. He is inspiring! You are doing this very well and definitely looking at what your triggers are. That is great!

Becca, Happy Belated Birthday to you!! You are inspirational to all of us!

Rachele, Good for you for continuing to go for walks even though the weather tried to stop you! You sound like the topa is working so much better than the first meds you tried. Rachele, my BP this a.m. even after a cup of coffee, was 107/71. No meds for a week now. Maybe I will call the doctor sooner than later, just to make sure this all very healthy. I feel great and it is the kind of BP I had for years, so imagine it is OK.

Judie, watch out for those bears. Hope you get a chance to watch her from the water. Yes, Indian Summer is here. We are having the hot air balloons launching so much more lately. That is always a cool site early fall mornings.

Yes, Jenneh, tell us about your golfing! I bet you surprised yourself! Hope your kittie is better today.

Lush, hope you are feeling better today. It was a hard day yesterday. I had a tough time, even loaded down with benadryl, those allergies again, getting calm enough for sleep. I finally ended up with 3 calms forte but not sleepy. It is not tons of fun to get older. I can feel a draining of energy after 50, it just takes me longer to get things done than it use to. It is tough getting older. . . but time marches on and look at the bennies of age/knowledge vs youth. OK . . it just SUCKS!! Sorry!

Patti, tough week at 50+ but I know you can go past the liquor store and not stop. Maybe even take a different way home. Promise yourself something nice when you get home. Like a bubble bath if you like those. What do you love to do that's a treat and does not involve drinking?

Dilayne, you did wonderfully this weekend when you consider PMS on top of it, you were more than outstanding! Hope your YMCA trips are really nice for you.

Soccermom Mary, You sure are doing your plan well. I do think it gets easier over time. Losing the HABIT is a biggie.

Stepnine, Laura, Mary 8305, Not Powerless, Ivy, Waves 2 and anyone else I missed, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hugs and Love to all,
              Mary

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Trish, I missed your birthday, too. So belately, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lush and Becca and Mary, This weight thing really sucks. I have more than a decade on you Becca but I'm still not in menopause. Still, this is not PMS weight gain. I never use salt but I know it's a natural part of a lot of foods. I guess I'll just have to bear with it. Sorry to hear that you've had weight struggles, too. I finally found something I could fit into today--a long skirt that zips from the wasteband to the hem. I scrunched it up a little under a baggy top so that it would fit around my middle. I'm not exactly a fashion plate but at least I'm wearing clothes!

Have a great day, all.

Eustacia

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Hello all

Hello all
                  I hope everyone is well today in modsville.
                  I can certainly hear everyone's frustrations regarding the weight loss issue. I, too, have not lost any weight on the topa and while I have not gained any I am certainly disappointed since I was looking forward to this "perk" of the med. Oh well. I do need to increase my exercise. That is for sure. Late nights at work are no excuse!
                  The golf yesterday was fun, and I wasen't the worst player so it was okay, though I certainly wasen't a "good player" by any means. Oh well, it certainly beat sitting in the office :H
                  Anyways, blah - its Tuesday. Had two drinks last night (I had said I would do abs but forgot that there was also a dinner last night after the golf with free drinks....so when I found that out in the morning - and knowing the people I work with who would not take no for an answer on this - something I will need to address at some point I know! - I decided to limit myself to 2 drinks.) Which I did. So I am not disappointed with myself considering the drinks lasted 3.5 hours. Waaay less than I would have done in past.
                  Anyways all I hope you are all well.
                  I would address each of you individually, but since there are so many of us now, I wouldnt be able to get back to work before its time to go home Im afraid :H but you know I love you all!
                  Hugs
                  Jen
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Hi Everyone..wish I had the time and attention span to address you all personally..I'm at work and kind of have to comment on the fly..hope you can forgive me for not being more personal until I can make the name connections..

I lost about 20 pounds last year doing weight watchers..I've never been really over weight but probably always been semi obsessed with it [like the majority of women in our culture!!!] and I've taken most of it off since being on the Topamax..I'm 48 and yes, losing weight is much harder..I used to be able to take 5lbs off in a couple of days, now it takes a few weeks! Just be patient and kind to yourself..and if you are here and trying to modify your alcohol intake..give yourself a big hug, one thing at a time..Also, when I do the CDs, and when I think of moderation, I include moderation as a concept for everything in my life and include suggestions in the hypnosis like "eat only when I'm hungry "and that "I'm ready to walk the dogs every morning"..things like that..Just try to be positive with yourself..

Speaking of weight..I won't be weighing myself this week..I've been eating that chocolate cake!! At least I've not been bingeing on wine or attacking my husband..which usually makes me feel emoitonally hungover if not hungover with the A...but I have been walking and I made it to the first yoga class this morning and actually loved it..I half way expected it to be a watered down version since it was at the Y..but she did a great job..only problem was is she went 15 minutes over so I'm going to have to bring a watch and scoot out of there in order for me to get to work on time..no problem, I can handle that..it feels good structuring my work week in a way that really supports me in what I need..it's amazing how long it has taken me to get in touch with knowing what Dianne (that's my real name) REALLY needs!!! Amazing!

Have a great day everybody..

oh, I went up to 175 this week..and feeling a bit yucky..may need to drop back down to 150..
                    I'll try to do more personals Thursday when I'm home...

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

I meant to say that I'd gained most of the weight back and then lost most of it again when I got on the topamax...kind of feeling Topa Dopa on the 175...

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Good Mornin!:h Busy, Busy place here! Wow! Well yesterday, I had a nice lazy day off. Had planned on going to town to run errands, then come back up river & go paddle (& look for Mama & baby bears!).

But I got locked into watching footage on TV, and stayed home all day. Plus Hubby was nice enough to share his cold with me... so I don't feel so great anyway... .

But of course, I wasn't feeling sooo bad that I didn't nurse myself w/wine most of the afternoon...at least I have a pretty blue martini glass I use now, it doesn't hold too much wine... so I have to go to the kitchen every time I need to refill it, & have a glass of water. I guess you could call it "my day-off casual mod plan" HA!! I just measured! It only holds 5 .5 ounces, almost to the top! I'm not as bad as I thought!! It sure is pretty tho!

I need to go throw the old apples over the back fence for the deer before they turn mushy! Should go pick a bunch of the good ones out front too, but it's getting warm... hark! I hear the river calling! Better to pick apples later in the evening... when I can throw em @ Hubby!

Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs,... Judie
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

Oh, the weight thing. I am such a Weight Watcher's failure. I can't even begin to add up how much money I keep spending on registration. I was really worried that I would not be able to stick with this program because I can't seem to stick with that one. I guess I want to do this more.

This is interesting because my weight is creeping up again too. I have been doing well all summer and now the pants are tight and I feel like my muffin top has gone from cute to pudgy. :H I am so busy right now, but I brought my gym bag today and I plan on making it there.

I did not AF last night. I always try for Monday night, but I knew I was busy for the rest of the week, so I gave myself a 3 drink limit and kept to it. Hubby had replaced the vodka. He put it in the freezer, which I really like. Sabotage, what do you think??

Have a nice day everyone.

Laura
                          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

dilayne wrote:
                            Speaking of weight..I won't be weighing myself this week..I've been eating that chocolate cake!! At least I've not been bingeing on wine or attacking my husband.

Dilayne,

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this part of your post today!:H :H :H :H
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Tuesday, September 12

E, I know this sounds really dumb but what is hoodia? Hugs, Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X