Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campral and naltraxone and still drinking moderately

guys,

I am noticing that everyone on campral is not drinking, I still am. should I go off naltraxone and campral and go on topomax. I am canadian and our doctors don;t like it. anyone canadian know where I can go to get it? I am drinking way lesss, 2-3 glasses a night of wine, but feeling great, abstinenace made me crazy miserable. now I feel great. also just read eat right for your blood type, I am type A, which they say red wine is hugely beneficial. funny.

I'm taking Topa AND Campral- that's a first!

I didn't mean for this to happen, but I am on Campral and drinking (sort of moderately), when I started Campral I was also weaning off of topa at the same time, but because I started drinking after 5 days on the Campral I decided to stop weaning off the topa and am now going back up and not sure what to do about the Campral! I am thinking I may stop taking it and try abs again in October.
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Happy,

Does taking both drugs make you feel really fuzzy and/or tired? How does the drinking mix with drugs. I hear you can get quite a hangover with that combo?

Brunello. Red wine is hugely beneficial to all -- one glass that is! I shocked my doc when I said I drink 3 glasses. You would have thought I admitted to using crack!

What does that book say about Type O blood?. Martinis are beneficial. In my dreams, lol.

Ivy

Comment

Ivy, that made me laugh about telling your doctor. My OB asked me and I said I had a couple of glasses of wine a night with dinner (total lie. if she knew the real truth she would have had me commited right then and there) and then gave me a big lecture on how I should not be doing it every night. I kept thinking, "geez if I were truly doing only two glasses a night I would be shouting it from the rooftops." Brunello, sorry I cannot give any advice as I have not been on either of those medications. Good luck!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Campral in Canada

I was told by my doctor that Campral is not available in Canada. I am curious as to how you got it.

Thanks

Comment

it is not available in canada, but I got a doctor to write a script and faxed it to canadian pharmacy, camh, is thinking of supplying it, more people have to request it. yes, you can get a hangover fro the combo but only after a bottle of wine or so. no side effects whatsoever, just think topa would be better because I have no interest in abstinenece. been there done that, was brutal , not for me.

Comment

Canadian doctor and topa

Hi Brunello
              I think we may have spoken before so pardon my ignorance/bad memory if we have, but where in Canada are you? I have found a doctor in Canada who prescribed me topa...but its in Markham and I have heard she is not accepting new patients (as regular patients...) - not sure how it would work in a walk-in situation...I know that topa is available in canada for migraines...that is how I got mine....(whatever it takes)
              Hugs
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

did you tell her you had migraines. My doctor knows I am on antidepressants so that is a pain in the ass.

Comment

I can't imagine Campral is going to work for me, but I am on day 3 of it nonetheless. I have used Topa to successfully abstain for a few months in the past. The doc who prescribed it insisted it could not have been responsible for my lack of interest in alcohol, but I know it helped me tremendously. The problem with it was I lost my interest in, well, everything while on it and I was in a fog all the time. I had 2 starter packs of Campral on hand so I'm trying those now, but still drinking. That Dr. I saw is not an option for me now, so I don't know what I'll do when my samples run out...

Comment

I can only tell you that I became so depressed on the Topa I had to get off of it.
                    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

matthew1965;57449 wrote: it is not available in canada, but I got a doctor to write a script and faxed it to canadian pharmacy, camh, is thinking of supplying it, more people have to request it. yes, you can get a hangover fro the combo but only after a bottle of wine or so. no side effects whatsoever, just think topa would be better because I have no interest in abstinenece. been there done that, was brutal , not for me.
                      Hi. I started on Campral a week ago and got it here in Canada.
                      :new:

Comment

Working...
                      X