Is it ok for a Christian to drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a web site that addresses this question.

www.hannahscupboard.com

Go to that site and look at the questions asked.

I signed up for a daily devotional from this site and love to read there.
    Barbara is a minister from Ohio.
    Enjoy.
    Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Thanks Nancy for sharing this with us. Sometimes our upbringing closes our minds to what the scripture says about certain things. I have always used the same references she uses to prove that drinking was OK, but I was one of those that was warned about drinking to excess everytime I went there. Keeping control of ourselves and our drinking isn't the answere for those of us who are Christian, it's letting go and letting God. When He's in control we will either drink responsibly or not at all. I think this is what the Bible teaches. My problem is Meeeeeeeeeeee.
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Hi Eliziby,

I just love this site.
      She answers so many questions on there.

I too was raised Southern Baptist.......0 tolerance!
      I've heard that some of the folks way back in the old days paid their preacher in moonshine!

I agree with your statement..........the problem is me and who is in control or not!

Good to hear from you.
      Nancy:l

Comment

I'm bumping this up as it is a subject that keeps coming up!

Comment

I'll have to check the site out..I think it's very risky to surmise what a christian should or shouldn't do..I've returned to the Christian faith after exploring many others and look upon it as an equally valid portal into the one and only truth that lies beyond anyone's true comprehensioin..however, I think everyone must explore their religion very deeply in order to understand what is trying to be revealed through the 'word'..otherwise it's kind of like taking someone's first time impression of a psalm or a parady and saying..that's it and never even scratching the surface! So much of the 'word' has been mis-interpreted..it's like God, full of mystery...

Comment

Working...
          X