Powerful Audio Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerful Audio Books

I had some cassette programs in my library from years ago. Like a lot of the things in my collection of tools, I had tried listening to them in an earlier attempt to control or quit my drinking. I had them stored away, and recently got into converting them to CD's and MP3's using my audio and computer stuff.

I have a hour commute from home to work everyday, and realized that time could be put to good use listening to audio books. My hearing is pretty bad these days, but I found a way to equalize and amplify certain frequencies on my audio, so I can hear them again. I do it in the processing of the files. Anyway, I have re-listened to a few programs all over again, and they are so good for feeding your mind positive things. Essential for maintenance of a good emotional state. Heres the list.

NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), The New Technology of Achievement.
    This program has all sorts of methods for gaining control over the things in your mind. The section on fear is especially useful for me.

The Psychology of Winning by Dennis Waitley
    This one is a good overall positive energizer. Gives you a sense that you CAN do it.

The Psychology of High Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden

This one has several exercises. Sort of a complete psycho-analysis program that digs into your whole self.
    I recommend this one highly for anyone trying to control or abstain completely.

The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer

I just started on this one. Its more of a spiritual journey compiled from dozens of philosophers over the ages. So far, a real though provoker.

Thats it for now. Audio books are great for commuters!

Powerful Audio Books

Xt, I too love audio books, and listen to them so often, I joined a audio book club on the internet. All good selections you have picked, I've listen to all of them. Would be interested to know if anyone else has audio book suggestions.
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Powerful Audio Books

Xtexan,

I just want to say thank you for sharing your research.

I enjoy reading your posts
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
      X