Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral question..

Morning all

I have some Campral in the cupboard, which I have never taken because you are meant to be at least a few days AF before you begin..

There are apparently no side effects if you DO drink with it..

I'm planning on tirating down my drinking and wondering if I should start on Camparl now to help me drink less?

Any input would be welcome and appreciated..

Wavey x
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Campral question..

Hi Wavey, I have been taking campral for some time now, I have not had any side effects, it has helped with cravings, but it does take approx. 2 weeks to become affective. Campral does not work if you are still drinking, (according to my Dr.) I would certainly recommend it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Campral question..

Cam works for me, even since the first day. ON days when I chose to drink, I did not take it. The next day (I NEVER drink 2 days in a row now to avoid re-addiction physically), I take it again and it works. I have noticed that if I taper off or forget, within a couple of days the cravings hit. So I must take it every day for it to be effective, at least 5/day. No side effects for me.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Campral question..

I know they say to wait until you have 2 wks of AF under your belt but I disagree. My experience is that it helps you get AF time under your belt and soon you will be @ 2 wks not effortlessly but it is a great tool in the toolbelt. Good luck!

Comment

Campral question..

My doc gave me Campral to start while I was still drinking, and it was effective for relieving the cravings and helping me quit. But I did have side effects of extreme fatigue (I even found myself googling"campral and suicide" after a couple of days) and just generally feel weird on it. Not trying to be a downer - seems to work really well for some and since I'm still struggling at times I occasionally use it for two or three days. But to answer your question directly - yes, I would start it asap.
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
          X