Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon does weight loss start when AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!!!
    I am 8 days AF today and am trying to be all over healthy. Have started gentle exercise probably 4 times a week, trying to increase amount slowly to give me time to adjust! wasn't doing any previous though!

Am trying to eat healthier and less..although this is hard when I seem to crave carbs when I am AF..and just other junk! have limited myself to 1-2 Diet cokes a day and otherwise try to drink green tea or water with lemon (usually 2 coffees a day though!)Am taking Glutamine now.

Just thought that I would see an improvement with the lack of AL and as a consequence the decrease in diet drinks as well and also the input of some exercise. Still seem to be at the same weight though...ughh it is frustrating!!!!

Am I just being impatient? Is there a time it takes for the body to eliminate all the toxins so it can start to burn fat? What have your experiences been like?
    Would appreciate some feedback as I am kind of annoyed that nothing is happening yet!
    Thanks
    Chicken

Hi Chcken,
    I tended to put on some weight when I first went AF, probably because I was eating properly and when I was drinking, I wasnt eating much.
    But on a positive note, your body is probably in a state of shock right now as its early days, so its still trying to find its balance. Keep on looking after yourself as you are doing and you will see good results.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi chicken when i stopped drinking i thought the same as you,that weight would fall of me,that didn't happen and i put on at least 12lbs.what i did was started exercising slowly ,eating healthy and importantly watching and counting the calorie intake.that has worked for me and i have lost since jan 5stlike all good things chicken they take time. goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Wow Mario, that's a marvellous achievement.

Chicken I feel the same, I lost around 8 pounds since stopping 36 days ago, but for the last week the scales have stayed at exactly the same spot, I'm beginning to wonder if they're broken :H

I have noticed though that I am shrinking, so maybe looking at inches and how clothes fit rather than weight alone will be more encouraging for you.

I am sure though that weightloss AF is going to be permanent unlike diets and so on.
        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Thankyou all for your responses..guess I am just impatient! Thing is I avoid the scales cause I find them really depressing, so usually go by how my jeans fit..needless to say I am up one dress size! Now I have been the same size since I was about 18yr old,even after two kids right up until about 12 months ago, I have never gained more than 2 kilos. But now it's about 4 in these last 12 months and I was hoping it was just because of the AL increase over that time? Maybe it is,maybe I just need to give my poor body time to rejuvenate and remember how to burn fat!!!!Hope it has a better memory than my brain does right now..urgh!!!LOL
          Chicken

Comment

i suggest keeping a food diary to see what you are eating. if you aren't burning enough calories for what you are eating, you won't lose weight no matter if you are drinking or not.

i ised the site "myfooddiary.com" (i don't know if its in australia though), and lost 40 lbs a couple of years ago. its great because they figure out how many calories you need to burn for your daily caloric intake.

it will happen, just not as dramatically as we all wish it would!

Comment

Yeah, I thought the 600-900 calories in AL I consumed would make me drop weight, but I actually gained 5 lbs. Maybe it was the ice cream or other goodies I had at first so as not to feel deprived. I don't know how old you are, apparently age matters, at least in my case. Any of you 50ish ladies might want to read the "weight loss after menopause" thread, a new little support system that started last week.

If nothing else, we'll all be healthier and feel better, which I try to remember when the weight ain't comin' off like I wish!

Much love!!!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Why is it that I now feel and look more bloated than when I was drinking alcohol?? I am trying to limit my carb intake and am on Glutamine tabs! Also cutting back on sugar and increasing exercises,but slowly slowly!
                Any ideas? Feeling crummy about weight now!
                Chicken

Comment

Any change in weight Chicken? I am hoping that the weight will drop if I drop the wine. I was drinking upwards to 1000 a night. oh man, weight loss should at least be one benefit of going AF.

Comment

Working...
                  X