Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Wednesday Muffins!!!

HA HA HA!!
    You guys were cracking me up yesterday with all of the muffin top comments! Sorry, maybe I shouldn't be making fun... I know this is a sensitive topic for those who are truly struggling. Lush, I'm glad you found a skirt that fit. What about those stretchy skirts or gaucho pants (the below the knee/baggy...) what are they called? They are pretty popular, and pretty forgiving, I think. Just until that weight DOES start coming off. Keep hanging in there and doing what you are doing. An hour of cardio burns between 400-600 calories! Work it, girl!

I was AF per plan yesterday without pain:H . Took the boys shopping for school clothes. Of course, they just want skateboards and Green Day t-shirts, so I had to steer them into The Gap, but we ended up with some cute stuff. ... Oh, sorry... COOL stuff. (they are 8 and 4).

I believe I shall be AF again today. Saying it here forces me to do it in "real life". I keep remembering what I said and then I do it. When I was not posting daily, it was like a free-for-all (plus I was off the topa, so the will power was out the window completely). So AF today. You heard it here, sistas.

Think thin, and have a wonderful day! Off to have a PAP uch: , then gonna run. Gonna set the treadmill on incline to practice for those San Fran hills!

Everyone who stuck with just a couple drinks or none yesterday, good job.
    Love,

Morning All

Thanks for your funny start to the day Becca - Don't we all adore those muffin tops - And to those who abhor elastic waist pants - I couldn't live without them! Thank goodness for stores like Chico's who actually make stylish clothing that doesn't look like my grandma's stuff - lolol! Checked out my Blogline earlier this morning - thanks to RJ who explained how those darn things work - anyway ran across this great article about drinking water - which we've discussed here many times: http://projectririan.blogspot.com/20...ore-water.html

I posted it in general discussion too since I think it makes a lot of sense. When I was doing WW I was religious about drinking water and I need to get back on that band wagon.

Better night last night - most of the hectic part of my week is done so I'm hoping to really think before I drink (still considering an AF day..).

Every one make it a great day!
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Comment

Don't be sorry Becca,

I feel like I'm in a new club.....The Muffin Club:H

Okay let's be serious here.

I am overweight and I need to go on a calorie restricted diet. I need to drink plenty of fluids and eat lots of fiber filled foods. Oh, and let's not forget I should eat more green leafy vegetables. I need to exercise at least 60 minutes 5x a week and then......only then will I see results. Once a muffin top always a muffin top?

I upped my Topamax to 75 mg yesterday, can you tell by my post?:H

Anyway, I will be AF today!

I hope everyone has a terrific day!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Okay count me in on the Muffin Club. At this point I could pretty much be the President of it. Seems to be where all of my weight is being gained. I feel "lighter" today but did not dare get on that damn scale as it always disappoints lately. Was not AF last night but did not do too bad (according to me, the medical community would disagree). I am seeing a new "energy" therapist today for the first time who specializes in EFT (acupuncture without the needles to relieve stress and anxiety) and am very excited about it. I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping she will help me to reduce my anxiety so I will not want to drink so much, although I have to say I am happy with what I have been doing. I am PMS-ing this week which is never easy for me to go AF so my goal right now is no more than 3-4 at night. Happy Hump Day all!!! Molly
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Trish, thanks for the thread, very informative, and I needed the info.
          I am off to have some H20, right now!
          Meow-Meow
          MonaKitty

Comment

Hello Muffins (I like that!)
            Well, DAMN..I had three beers last night and have a headache..I think I am doing totally awesome with my moderation..usually no more than 2 or 3 drinks 2 or 3 nights a week except an occassional slip and then it will be a bottle of wine, but MAN..3 beers and I have a major headache, and there have been those times with 3 small glasses of wine and MAJOR headache..OK, I'm thru wining..but I would like to enjoy my moderation without pain..any tips? It hasn't happened every time, but seems like lately, that's the way it's been!

I wouldn't know about the 'muffin' problem since I'm very sleek and slender...NOT! Even when I'm in good shape at a good weight, I still have loosey goosey skin that slips over. I do think draping clothing correctly and wearing the right size makes a difference too, especially when you are older..I'm having to figure that out..

So, if I want to titrate down..I guess I have to only go down by 25mg, right? Has anyone every dropped by a larger dosage without any problems..I'm feeling pretty sturdy and am feeling the urge to get 'clean' of these chemicals..wanting to do a fast pretty soon and don't know if I have the patience to go down just by 25...

I'm looking forward to the weekend..flying to Little Rock..my gay cousin is having a commitment ceremony and having a big soire..a reception at the arts center..I'll visit my mother at a near by town but then stay at a bed and breakfast (by myself) Saturday night..visit the Clinton Library..and a have a little mini vacation..going shopping for a fabulous dress for myself tonight with my daughter..hoping to find something 'appropriate', if that is possible..I'm rambling on now..

Have a lovely day muffins..keep it light and simple!

Comment

becca wrote:
              I believe I shall be AF again today. Saying it here forces me to do it in "real life". I keep remembering what I said and then I do it. When I was not posting daily, it was like a free-for-all (plus I was off the topa, so the will power was out the window completely). So AF today. You heard it here, sistas.
              Becca,

I agree with you. Saying it helps you to follow through.....I think it will help me to say what my intention is at the beginning of the day and then do that and stick to it rather than say it at the beginniing of the month and try to stick to it.

I suppose that's a page out of the big book but so what, I'm taking it!

For today I will remain AF:l and that's my goal for today.

Hugs to all!
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

HI Muffins and Mods!

Becca, very cute, Trish, great link to water info. Thanks! Dilayne, have a great time! Mona Cat, nice to see you here, thanks for sending me to the tools section last month! Rachele, you are really doing a great job on Mods. Good for you! Lush, Good luck with the EFT today.
                I really felt a lot of anxiety disappear when not drinking much, even with plenty of things to be a bit anxious over.

Note from Universe is pretty long today but worth it:

They said, "All my friends are making money selling widgets, and heck, they don't even know the laws of the Universe. I'll make a killing! Nevermind that I've never been drawn to selling, or widgets."

I knew better, so I sent them an old friend who would spark their awesome creative writing skills... they said, "No thank you, I know the law of attraction and there are widgets to sell."

So I sent a new friend who would help unlock their facilitating skills, romantic to boot, but they said, "Sorry, I must be disciplined. Here, read this book."

I even whispered in their ear, "What if you considered colors, textures and finishes?" And they thought to themselves, "Hey, once I'm rich, then I can play with colors, textures and finishes!"

Moral of the story: Never mess with the cursed hows, dang it.

You rock,
                *****The Universe

I just looked on the tools and in the last week I had that one drink on Friday night, otherwise I have been AF. I just don't particularly feel like testing myself on my boundaries right now. My F-I-L is coming here tomorrow for 10 days and he always has vodka so I know that will be in the house. I am planning around it and decided if I want to join the guys, I should drink it much later after dinner and only one or just ignore it entirely. If I allow myself that buzz which comes quite quickly now, I have a really hard choice to make.

Weird since getting sober, I have asked the Universe to bring me really fun, upscale projects. A few have been coming my way over the last few weeks. Yesterday I was given a most challenging project and one of those "money is no object", top of the line all the way. A guy in my building who does land and investment development dropped by my office. I have worked with him before so this was nice to have his vote of confidence. Anyway, maybe this universe thing really works?!

Gotta run as I am really pushed with deadlines. Ask and you shall receive, receive and you have to work your butt off!

All those looking for weight loss, it will happen in inches or building muscle, it may not be registering on that stupid scale that seems to upset so many people! Mods will also show in the clarity of your eyes and skin! I swear!!

Love you all,
                Mary

PS: Laura, yes it is sabotage, I have one of those guys too!

Comment

Dilayne, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Regarding feeling like hell, are you eating carbs at night to soak up the booze? I really find if I hardly eat or if I eat mainly protein I feel like crap but if I have some sort of a carbohydrate with my dinner I am fine. Just a theory!!! I am thinking of changing my screen name from Lush to Molly Muffin in honor of our new club...what do you think???

Comment

Or there's always "Lush Muffin"...Ha! That has a certain ring to it!:H
                    We need a Muffin Man here! Anybody know one?

Well, I went "Bear Hunting" yesterday...didn't sight any, but did come across a couple of cute little river otters that we played tag with up & down the river for a while! They're soo cute! I thought Bungee was gonna jump in after them, I actually clipped him into the kayak for a while.

I had 2 lite beers & 2 frozen tilts(semi frozen), on the river. It was over 5 hours, & my day off, so I feel ok about it... sort of . I debated on bringing that much w/me.. but it was hot! And my day off! I know, I'm justifying...at least I wasn't drinking on a mission, just a steady pace...
                    I did drink a lot of water too, so thank God i feel good today!

Speakin of muffins, mine just popped up from the toaster! I've gotta head to town this AM to run some errands....whaa.

Hope everyone has a great day.

PS, I know with winter just around the corner, I won't be able to get out so much, I'll probably be back in my "fat pants" in no time.. ...sure hope not !
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Lush, I'll think about the carbs..I had sausage, cabbage and corn..and, oh, cake (thank God, it's almost gone :0)..some carbs, but not heavy carbs. I'll try anything!!!

Comment

No! NO! No! Lush sounds lush. Short for luscious. Muffins are luscious so your name is perfect as it is!

Wish I could get on here more often. It is when I can't get on that keeping my aims is hardest. Also I've been missing such FUN! :H

As far as the muffin club is concerned I have lost 3lbs in July. Put 5lbs on in August and cannot shift it. I am a definite candidate for the muffin club even though I am exercising three or four times a week and building up the amount I do(albeit slowly).

Eustachia, I am reliably told that muscle weighs more than weight SO as we tone up we look better, weigh the same and then eventually lose. Keep at it! Let's hope! Love to all.

Waves 2 x
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Yes, you are right. I will now start thinking of Lush as being short for luscious, not for what I really meant it to mean. And Dilayne, THAT is the reason you do not feel well; I am convinced. Your meal did not have any hearty carbs. You need some bread or rice or pasta. I know we are supposed to be cutting down on carbs but maybe you can make it whole grain to get your fiber in. Your meal sounds exactly like what I would eat and then not feel well. I am certainly not condoning drinking but if you are going to have a little you don't want to feel physically like crap the next day, especially when you did not overdo it. I know from experience lack of carbs is what gets me, so I will be curious to see if is work for you.

The Luscious Muffin must now get back to work............

Comment

HI ALL!

Count me in on the muffin club, could qualify as one I guess!!:H Agree on the carb/drinking thing, it does soak up the alcohol and I feel way better in the AM.....was AF yesterday and will do tonight....low carb on those days (will help lose a little of the weight! )

Out for mexican tomorrow though, and that means margharitas and carbs Oh well, I will stick w/ 2 though(or try to!) Thurs are our family get together night and my hybby's family drink like fish, so I don't even try AF!

Anyway happy day to all of the muffin club!

Love,

Mary Anne

Comment

Hello my lovely muffins

Hello muffins!
                              SO CUTE!
                              Anyways I apologize as I have to make this brief (work! Ugh, what, dont they know I have more important things to do? HELLO!!!!????)
                              Love you all, to pieces.
                              AF last night. Tonight going to dinner with some friends who drink so I am not even going to say AF - will stick to no more than 2 - will try really hard. There i said it and now I have to do it.
                              Love you all!':h
                              Jen
                              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                              X