Weird hallucintions /dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just come of a 5 days binge caused by family reasons.

Don't have any shakes or anything.

But I seem to be having strange hallucinations/ dreams whenever I try to sleep or shut my eyes.

Anyone else ever had this, any advice as to long long it might last.

Hi Trevor,
    I don't know anything about dreams induced by the alcohol or how they work so I can't answer that question per se. I also don't know how much you were drinking. A particularly bad binge for me might be 2 bottles of wine in one day stretched out for several days. The quality of my dreams have been changing a bit lately since I've been taking the topamax, but my theory on how dreams don't change much regardless of what is going on chemically..I think it is probably more related to the family issues than the alcohol, but that is an uneducated guess. I would suggest staying with the hallucinations/dreams for a few minutes and then stopping and writing them down..repeat that for a while and see if that helps. There is something about acknowledging dreams that keeps them from needing to repeat..analysing them is a whole different ballgame and may or may not be anything you are interested in persuing...but given your brief post, my guess would be that your dreams are reflecting your anxiety about the family issues and the binge. Dreams are symbolic and they can be pretty scary when we are dealing with intense emotional stuff. Hope they subside soon.
    Namaste'
    It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I've had this, several times. Usually lasts for two nights for me followed by a few nights of insomnia. Hope you feel better soon x

Comment

This just happened to me this morning...I could have sworn a girl with a green shirt walked across the room. There were more, but that was the most vivid and scariest. I am starting to have strange twitches on top of MAJOR shaking. It is only beer that I drink but I think poor eating has something to do with it. I just got out of detox where they refused to accomidate my vegarian diet and since we just moved and the electricity company is holding off till Tuesday for electric, I eat crap out ever day (and take cold showers). Are you eating well?
        Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Trevor, ditto what Sweetgum said.

Colbe, you've got me concerned. if you are vegetarian and drinking heavily you are SEVERELY deficient in B1 (thiamine) and also magnesium. This is life threatening. please get some B1 supplements (not generic B complex unless they specify the amount of B1) and start taking 200mg dose 2 times per day. Magnesium 150 mg 2X per day. taking a daily multi will not cut it. I'd take the multi-vit for good measure though.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Trevor, it is a good sign that you don't have the shakes. My husband used to have vivid, even paranoid halluncinations around Day 3 to 5 of being AF. They usually lasted a few days, but his withdrawls were more extreme than most. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of second-hand experience with this.

If you get to a point that you have trouble distinguishing the hallucination from reality, you need medical intervention. This level of withdrawl can be life threatening. Otherwise, keep drinking a lot of water; dehydration can also lead to altered perceptions. I hope you keep checking in, and good for you for coming off the binge and doing what you need to do to be AF.

Comment

Hey Trevor,

I Agree with Determinator: you need a good shot/injection of B1 thiamine. You can get this from a doctor, no questions asked.

Also please listen to the hypnotherapthy CD from this site MWO, just buy the first 'CLEARING' CD and it will take out all negative thoughts.

My Way Out Original CD Set

Try it, it worked for me, and good luck.
              MWO is a blessing, thank you.

Comment

P.S. I remember the doctor said folic acid gets very depleted when drinking so a supplement containing it might also help. Also, a sports drink (without sugar) containing electrolytes can help, too.

Comment

I 've been having some weird dreams the last couple nights........I've been dreaming about a litter of kittens appearing in front of me when I lay down. Really ! Ha! ( Maybe I need some pussy...Ha! sorry ladies ! Ha!) IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

I had a weird dream last nite about egg whites in the corner of the room and they were moving around like cooking - and then I got the whole fear thing nightmare feeling - I woke myself up going into a groan.

When I woke up I thought if I'm going to have a real nightmare - it at least ought to be about ghosts or something. What a putz. In any event it was the AL.

Do what they are saying above - get some vitamins and minerals into you fast. Especially the Bs.

IAD - dude, if your dreaming about kittens it could be someone sending you a message about litter. Are you careless with the environment??? Or maybe you just need a good tall glass of milk. );

Comment

QuitinTime......I'm pretty good about ecology, I had a big glass of milk this morning......Nooooo...I'm going with my original thought ! ha! IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have had my set of dreams.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I had another this AM. I thought my eyes were open and I felt like that rollling felling when you do acid ( I only did it twice as a kid). But it still was so weird.

Are you feeling better?
                          Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Your having some symtoms of alcoholic DT's..

When I go on a good 3-5 day Black Velvet Binge and decide its time to finally QUIT, I CANT get to sleep for 3-4 days after im AF.

And the NIGHTMARES are the worst on day 2-3 of AF..I keep my TV on all the time during the first 3-4 days of AF because of these nightmares. They are ALLWAYS scary ones that wake me up in a cold sweat to. I get SO scared that I dont want to try and go back to sleep.

One of these days, im afraid im not going to wake up out of one of these episodes.

Comment

Billyjack, that's where i was at when I realized it was time to get off the elevator of doom. some of us are pretty hard headed, but that's ok....we are here, and getting better.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X