Manic on Bac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manic on Bac?

Has anyone had the experience of getting manic, or super-hyper, on Bac? (I think somebody might have mentioned it???)

I am currrrrently, almost unable to stop mmmoving. I woke up in the middle of the night and have only been able to stop pppacing since then (about 4 hours ago) to post on MWO.

I just had a 10-minute bout of playing hopscotch on my kitchen tiles.

I even took a stiff drink to try to calm me down... yeah, at 4:00 a.m. -- although this is not the first instance =-(

But it has been a while since I've done that =-)

I'm now on my second drink and it is having NO calming effect. Now, THAT is the first instance.

Any help, advice?

And this was Saturday morning with kids away at sleepovers -- my first chance to sleep in since... I can't remember when.

I know this post is way long, but, hey, I'm manic.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Manic on Bac?

I've had that experience, and while on bac, but I don't think the fact that the two happened simultaneously has any significance.

I've gone into manic/hyper mode for years, and for years without bac. It usually happens in the wee hours. AL was my cure for previous instances.

I've always had a fear of the effects of not getting enough sleep. Once I lost any interest in alcohol, and went a significant time without it (and of course on bac), the whole fear of not sleeping enough has also vanished. In retrospect, it seems that the effects I had previously attributed to lack of sleep were really a form of hangover. Now if I don't get enough sleep, I don't experience the negative consequences I feared, and that whole fear/drug cycle has vanished.

The reason I mentioned that is that part of the reason I turned to al when in the hyper mode was out of the anticipation of the effects of lack of sleep caused by being in that mode. Now that that result no longer seems to follow, I have no reason to need to stop the hyper mode. I just let it run its course.

ymmv.

btw, I'm rapidly approaching 30 days without any desire for alcohol whatsoever. Three more days... I had subscribed to and lurked on the moderation management mailing list for quite some time, and marvelled at those who could white knuckle through 30 days. I've done it the cowards way.

Click here for info about ordering baclofen online.

Comment

Manic on Bac?

Me too.......

I was a little hyper on it at first, instead of tired and got worried as I tend to be a hyper person anyway........it eventually went away, so now it's all good!!

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Manic on Bac?

I finally did get over it , with the help of 3 stiff drinks:upset: but now that I made that mistake (didn't really want the drinks, just thought I needed them), I'll try to just take advantage of it if it happens again, and get a lot done-- like washing the floor (which I did, before I started drinking)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Manic on Bac?

Interesting Topic

Hi all,

Today I did something that I haven't done in years.....I went to Michael's (a craft store in the US) and bought a bare wreath and the adornments and made myself a pretty wreath for the front door.

I also bought a planter with herbs for the kitchen.

I don't consider that manic behavior....I was excited because I was getting interested in doing things I used to do. I felt like I was living again.

So maybe you are just waking up to life again

Mare

Comment

Manic on Bac?

Mare, it's great to hear you are getting excited about things again.

I've actually already had that wake-up. It started the first day I took 5mg of Bac. In that sense, my life is transformed. Like you, I had lost interest in my hobbies and lost any hope that my life would ever get better.

I was suicidal at times, and certainly wished I could just disappear most of the time. I couldn't even enjoy my wonderful, fantastic kids. All that changed since Bac. I'm still working on the alcohol part, but everything else is WAY WAY better. I'm liking life and looking forward to solving my problems.

Nest time I'll embrace the manicness, instead of making the mistake I did last night. I know I will.

Comment

Manic on Bac?

Been there and certainly done a lot of that! I can relate but it does sound like you had even a worse or perhaps stronger reaction than I did!

I could still sleep but during the waking hours it was like I was on speed. Don't ask how I would know that and I have not done any in years....

Alas, when I went down on the dosage things improved considerably and as I "titterated" back up the problem stayed away! So, keep in there. I really think it works! And, the strange feelings do go away. At least in my case.

I am currently at 5mg a day due to supply - delivery problems and seem to be still reaping some benefits. Will be glad when my new supply arrives.

KEEP AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY!

Dave

Comment

Manic on Bac?

yeah, I also have the "speed effect" in the day if I take it on an empty stomach. Also, if I take more than 10mg at a time. I am now spacing my doses fairly close together (1-3 hours apart) so that I can increase the total dose with out going over 10mg for each dose. This seems to be working well-- so far.

Comment

Manic on Bac?

I love Mare's comment about "waking up to life again." I totally feel that way. Yeah, I guess I've been manic on bac when I compare my old self to how I am now. Instead of downing glasses of merlot in front of the television late at night, i've spent a lot of time obsessively reorganizing my closet, cleaning out my drawers, filtering through old photos and making albums, etc. I'll admit I've been pretty weird and hyper on bac but it's better than being drunk all the time...

Comment

Manic on Bac?

Lusus Naturae;709038 wrote:
                    btw, I'm rapidly approaching 30 days without any desire for alcohol whatsoever. Three more days... I had subscribed to and lurked on the moderation management mailing list for quite some time, and marvelled at those who could white knuckle through 30 days. I've done it the cowards way.

That's so funny, Lusus. I also used to lurk on the MM board, too. I had an addiction therapist for awhile who was a cognitive behaviorist and a big fan of MM. I just could NEVER get up to 30 days AF no matter what (unless I had no access to AL or something). SO much that, huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X