Feeling lonely at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lonely at home

Trying to get hubby to understand. He says he does then tells me just to have a half bottle tonight instead. This is after me saying I want to stop altogether.

Getting palpitations, feel shaky. Don't know if it is being hungover/detox or feeling anxious about the lack of support at home.:upset:

Feeling lonely at home

My alcohol problems were minimized for YEARS. Because I was high-functioning, and looked/seemed fine. So for another person to agree that I had a problem, well, then they would have to take a close look at their own drinking life.

I'm not sure which is worse: to be minimized/ignored, or to be hounded about not drinking?

I'm sorry you don't have a more supportive spouse at this point. :h
    Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

Hang in there. You may feel right rough the first few days. Drink lots of water with fresh lemon (if you have it). Eat small frequent healthy meals. Have something sweet if you need it. Get some fresh air and exercise. Be kind and gentle with yourself as if you were sick. You kind of are. Shakey and anxious feelings are the norm. They WILL go away. Take a warm bath to relax. You can do this with our without your husband's support. We're here to help! Stay strong!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

Thank you so much both of you. I am very grateful.

Rebecca

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

becca.. normal feelings you have right now.
          things get better!!! really they do!!!
          An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

Maybe herbal tea as well? I found that sipping something warm and comforting helps the palpitations some.

You are doing great. It's so easy to go along with someone assuring you there isn't a problem when in your heart you know there is.

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

Yes palpitation can be course by alcohol/ detox it not a nice feeling when the heart beats too fast..... i would say herbal tea as well (stay calm) and a hot bath. If u still feeling like this at night time just keep drinking hot tea, its just i notice with me i felt it more at night time...
              Also try and be relax and keep calm in yourself.....Take good care of yourself:l
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Feeling lonely at home

Hey Rebecca,

Feel like I'm following you around.

Shaky, palpitations,anxiety are all normal in the first few days.

Be kind to yourself. Drink plenty of fluids and plenty of rest. I treated it like flu.

You're doing great.

Love Jackie xxx

PS thank you for your kind words.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                X