Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, September 15th

Good Friday Morning Absville!

It?s an awesome job to take over from the Honorable Gabrielle, but I?ll do my best. I got through last night by eating a cinnamon-raisin bagel with cream cheese and spending some time here on MWO reading posts before getting down to doing some serious sewing. After sewing, I got to bed reasonably early with a good book.

Thanks for calling that emergency AF day, Gabbs! It?s the Mayor?s job to call a state of emergency if necessary, and that was a good call. But now I?m feeling a little threatened and competitive!!! What can I do as Mayor??? If anyone has any secret thoughts, please send me a little PM so that I can perform some really terrific Mayoral feat that will go down in the history of Absville!!! Maybe I need an Assistant Mayor who can give me ideas?? Maybe even a Cabinet or something. Let?s have some meetings!!! Uh-oh, I?m beginning to sound like some of our high level politicians here in the US. I?d better just scratch that and go back to being just who I am--your Honorable Young-At-Heart, Weekend Mayor!

We?re getting so many new people here in Absville, soon we?re going to have to get a real City Hall and everything!! I?m really thrilled to see how many people want to come live here and how much support there is for everyone.

Yesterday was an important day, in that the importance of reaching out and talking about what we need was truly demonstrated and put into action. Someone asked for help, and someone got it! That is how Absville works!

Anyway, I hope you all have a good Friday. I?ll be checking in later to see how you all are doing.

Lots of love,

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Friday, September 15th

Kathy

You make great mayor too...dont forget my salon is opening today!!!

Hi to everybody else...am awake v early as i was woken up by a wasp buzzing round my head which i tried to rescue but one of my cats (meg) ate it!!

Good wishes to you all for the day

Lou-Lou x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good Morning Madame Mayor and Lou. I'm up a bit early also, but Gizmo the dog always likes that so he can get out sooner, and the kitty's like it because they get fed and the patio door opens sooner.

I'll have to put some grass and low plants around the patio so they can feel like they are really outside in a jungle...lol.

As the Mayor, make any fun calls that you want and Lou, congrats on the shop opening. I'll come visit when I can, but still on solid abs/cleanse until Oct 1, so I'm laying low and not tempting myself...I can be VERY tempted if I don't control myself and rein in my emotions and keep my behavior in check.

So that's my goal for today and the weekend. Stay strong, send out excellent energy for everyone else to reach their goals, and be happy.

I guess I should do some cleaning to, but that's work, not goals.

Anyway, Mike and all, thanks for the thoughts yesterday. It made me feel very good and even more determined, so I really appreciate it.

Allie, I answered your question about my filipino cat on the 4 legged friends thread.

Lisa, welcome. It's too bad that Barb hasn't come back but I'm sure that she got some PM's and perhaps it will just take awhile. Change doesn't always happen overnight. But it does happen.

Bambs, Nancy, Lush, all others, have a great one and you are all doing great. For those I've forgotten, my good energy is still going out to you!

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Roll Call!!

Hi Again,

Just checking in for a morning hello!! Hey Gabby, does this font work any better for you than the other scriptlike font I used before?? You know me, I like the flourishes, but I thought this might be easier on your eyes! I know the other one was making your eyes go zowiee!!:nutso:

At any rate, I'm going to try to do a Roll Call for Absville, so if I leave anyone out, please let me know. I'm going to try to be diligent about making sure that everyone one knows that I KNOW who they are!!! This is not a Big Brother kind of thing at all, just that Absville is growing by leaps and bounds, and for fear of hurt feelings and leaving someone out, I want to know MY town!! Hopefully this will also be useful to the HONORABLE GABRIELLE and future Mayors to come. Now if I should put anyone in the wrong category, please contact my administrative assistant, Mr. Ummmmm, ummmm, well, never mind, just leave me a very courteous post or private message. I'm just trying to get organized here, okay???

Co-Mayors (current):

Gabby--a-k-a Gabrielle, Gabbsters, Gabette, The Honorable Gabbington, etc, and all variations therefrom and forthwith.
        Kathy--a-k-a the Honorable Young at Heart, YAH

Regulars:
        Lush, Bambs, CV1, Lou, Susan, Nancy, Macks (on rug vacation, currently), Mike, Lisa, Mojo, Janet, Gina

Irregular Regulars: (In terms of Posting, not necessarily sobriety!:H
        Jenn, lucky, Pansy, Hundi, MonaCat, Kim, Brigid

Newbies:

Lindee, TartanTerror

On Indefinite Sabbatical:

Barb

Trying Things Out:

Mary Anne

Any questions, comments, criticisms, or psychosomatic ailments?? Okay, good!! Please direct corrections to me.

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Normal Post!

Hey Lou,

I'm definitely due for some highlights--how about later today after work??? I don't need a cut yet, but you can check out my style, or maybe we can think about a whole new style for my hair! What do you say??? Hope you're feeling better too!

Hey, I'm missing the rest of our Brits this morning. I know Macks is still dealing with his carpet, but where's Bambs???

I admire your fortitude, CV--If I ever do a cleanse, I'll need you as a coach! Maybe that can be your job in Absville, you can be our health and fitness coach!!!

Anyway, I'm rather sad this morning. My daughter has decided to give up her color guard activities. She is doing this with my blessing, because I can see her heart is not in it, and the time it is taking is not worth it at this point in her life. She has a part-time job to earn money for college, and soon she will be spending a lot of time filling out applications for college. Also, her guard instructor leaves a lot of be desired in her teaching, and my daughter is pretty fed up with her (so am I, for that matter!). But here I am, now finishing up flags for a show that my daughter won't even be in!!!:boohoo: I'm also going to honor my commitment to chair the committee and sew flags for indoor guard (maybe my daughter will do that--it's in the winter after the applications will have all gone off!!:crossed: ). Anyway, I sent off an e-mail to the band instructor last evening. This has been a big deal in both of our lives for the past two years, and now POOF! It's gone! I KNOW that it is the right thing to do. My daughter has been having meltdowns at least every few days since school began and has been struggling with this decision for two weeks now. It's still sad, though...... Since we will be depending, to some extent, on scholarship money, the most important thing will be keeping her grades up and her academic record. You might get a scholarship for playing an instrument, but you sure won't get one for being in colorguard!!!:sigh:

Thanks for listening. I don't think I REALLY KNEW how sad I was until I wrote all of this. Now I have to go sew those blasted flags!! Thank God I'm almost done!

Love to all,

Kathy

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good afternoon To Lady Mayoress YAH !! I am now genuflecting ! And of course to everyone here at Absville. Sorry not naming you all separately - but I'm in and out of the garden trying to cut the lawn before it rains again....

I was really sad reading your post just then Kathy, because I know how proud you have been with your daughter being in the guard performances. But also IT IS the right decision to make, and from what you say, she has not taken this decision lightly. And I'm glad that you both agree on this. It is a really hectic time for her at the moment, and she's not a piece of chewing gum that can be stretched in all different directions. And as you say - her qualifications are paramount. This woman sounds like she is getting on both your nerves, so probably will do you both good not to have to put up with her !!!
            I do admire you though for sticking with your commitment to sew the flags...
            My :heart: goes out to you both.
            And , if she stilll feels that she wants to do the inside performances later in the year, it's great that the door is still open for her when all the furore has calmed down, school -wise. It's a really important juncture in her life, and your daughter sounds like a very level headed and sensible young lady - Takes after her mum ???? !!!! Of Course.

Say hello to her from a person in UK who is thinking of her ( and you Kathy of course ! )

Lots of Love

Liz
            xxxxxx :l
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Friday

What's up with this? I miss one day of posting (yest) due to working a 14 hr day at the hospital and I am demoted to an irregular poster??? Boy someone's standards are pretty rigid here. LOL! I wish I had access to internet at work, but wouldn't even have the time to utilize it if I did due to the demands of the job. Have today off, back to the hospital tomorrow. Back to school night is tonight. I used to look forward to it because of the social aspect of it. They always serve a huge dinner and all the wine you could drink. Will skip the dinner part and look forward to getting to know my boys new teachers and expectations. I can't believe how well my son is adapting to kindergarten. I remember my other boys feeling burned out after the first week.
              I should have had a full ride scholarship for all the hours I invested in color guard some years back, Kathy. My neighbors thought I was crazy seeing my tossing my rifle into the dark sky night after night on the front yard. Yes, should have taken up an instrument. I still have fun entertaining the boys every once in a while. Great memories and life long friendships are what I gained from my experience.
              Schedule me an appt in your salon Lou! Any grand opening specials?

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good morning Absville,

Your honor........Southernbelle.......here!

I had a sad feeling reading your post, Kathy.
                My daughter was a cheerleader in Jr. high and for one year in high school. She didn't make it in 10 grade and we had a major adjustment for awhile. She went on to other things like student gov that she wouldn't have done if she had done it. Sooooooothe bad news is: it will be yet another adjustment for both of you..........the good news is: she will learn much more going through this and will probably have $ for college.
                And you're still making flags......God bless you!

Gotta go have breakfast with the hubby.
                More later
                Nancy:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Oh Nancy - you do make me laugh - ' I got to go and have brekkie with The Hubby ' like you had to go and clip his toenails or something !!! hee hee.

And Gina - what a wonderful school - a meal laid on before school term starts ( semester) . WOW, nothing like that here. On Parent's evening I believe, they were lucky to get a digestive biccie and a VERY weak tea !!!! Gnats wee-wee. !! as we say here !!!
                  I think they deserved a strong scotch to prepare them for the teachers' collective ' Could Do Better' !!!! :H

Anyway - going again now - my lawn is half cut and I need to finish it.

Love to you all

Good luck everyone for the weekend AF.

Love
                  Liz
                  xxx

P.S To AWOL LOU... There are people queueing at your salon - pull your finger out mate !!!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good morning peoples!!!!!
                    going to read.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Well Absville - it's Frivolous Friday at last - yippee!!! But my weekends are the very worst times for me in terms of the old "vino collapso" - but that was then and this is now - so with the venerable Mayor's help and all the other "Absvillans" - sorry, couldn't resist it! - I am determined to have the first completely wine free weekend since Noah said "get the washing in Mother, it looks like rain" - or something like that!

Any road up - have a good weekend chaps, and I will keep having a wee keek in at you all over the weekend. And :thanks: :thanks: and :thanks: again for all the support and good wishes to us newbies.

The Tartanterror

PS - did you know my atavar is actually my passport photo - eat your heart out Kim Basinger!:H

Comment

Friday, September 15th

My goodness, a person cant get up to late around here, just like everything else ya fall behind.

Your Honorable Young at Heart,
                        Ya saved me last night I thought I was doin the post and then you were there.
                        I was tired and besides that got to chattin with somebody and that was nice so thanks.

No competition for mayor. I had to figure out how to be as good as you!

Man, we are getting so many new neighbors. By the way...Mary Anne wants to just hang out for a while so everybody.......here's Mary Anne.....Mary Anne heres everybody. I know you all probably know her. So jump right in Mary Anne. She is just visiting. But I know she is gonna just fall in love with Absville and see the requirements arent to strong.
                        And then just like everyone else.....she'll be movin in. And then Mack will be back and talk her into liven by him so all those kids of his can run around her horse barns. I can see it comin right now.
                        By the way Mary Anne, not to put any pressure on you.....but there is a spot over there next to Mack that has 10 acres for your horses. Maybe you can put Macks kids to work with all that horse poo stuff. Then he can go fishin more. You guys will have to talk.

Anyway.....Kath, your post made me sad too. But it was touching what Bambs said to you. I love this place. So much love and support.

Good to see you cv....you are hangin so strong. Not just abs but all that other discipline. wow And to think I had all that salt. yikes. Love the kitty and doggie stories. I have so many of my own.

Yes....I love that font too Kathy. Also could you add Gabbington to my list of names? I really like that one.

And Gina.....I'm on your side!!!! How could you be a irregular?
                        But I know.....Its like we all need a laptop so we can keep in constant contact. I can see it now...Here we are....holdin up traffic....the cop sais....can I see your license? and we say.....hold up, I'm the mayor of absville this week, let me finish this post! I have to stay regular!
                        guys......this is probably not a good thing....

Ohhh, but I wish Barb would come back.

BUT!!!!!!

We have TARTAN! Alright Tartan. Ohhhh your first weekend. Ok, just stay close to the boards and dont leave Avsville and together we will get to Monday. And EVEN.....you might laugh and have fun! Glad you came!

Hello to everyone that hasnt come on yet. I have your name somewhere in my head but now that is on backup at the moment. And I have to start gettin ready to go. I have to work today and tomorrow and the next day. I'll be around but in and out. Have fun all and bye.
                        Mzzzzz, Gabbington.
                        (straightin up my act here)
                        Mack and Mike get back postin....we need balance. bye
                        Lou, what time is my appointment?
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Hello Abbers!
                          Good to see you here this morning, Tartan! And all you other LOVELY folks as well!

I can't do a proper check-in today--gotta see a lawyer about a lawsuit (re: my "pothole" incident a couple of months ago...I'll re-tell the sorry saga later... )

ANOTHER rainy day here in NYC--
                          :h
                          susan
                          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Och Aye - Tis reet Kim - Deed ringer. !!! - does that sound Scottish on a keyboard?

We can DO it this weekend... AF.

i take it you ARE from Scottie - land ?

My brother has lived in Glasgee for the past 7 yrs. - still got a scouse ( Wirral ) accent tho.

Glad you are here. And stay in touch over the weekend.

A wee dram - we can overlook !!! -- Ha ha - Look at my Abs past history !!!

Love and thinkin of yee

( see in my mind I always go into Northen Ireland accent - so sorry about that )

Love and hugs to you Tart-an !!!!!

Liz
                            xxxxx

P.s From which clan dee yee hail?

Oh no, thought of that man (David Walliams) now off Little Britain playing his flute - yayessss !!!!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Friday, September 15th

an irregular

Finally I am starting to see the real me back again. Not the me from 43 days ago--but the one that lays low when I live in my dark hole (called hell here on earth). Things are looking up. My sleep is getting back on track, my irrational thoughts are subsiding (always on guard for those), I am more productive and my kids are beginning to behave much better. Its amazing that once I get my act together so do they--because I am being a much better mom. The gifts of not drinking are amazing. I am starting to put together my goals for through the end of the year, a one year plan, a 5 year plan and a 10 year plan. Its awlays one day at a time--but I want to be pointed in the right direction.

This is my first week of sleeping and not struggling to abstain. Seeing the awesome benefits is always front and center--I don't want to give that up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The weather is supposed to be awesome--so I plan to be outdoors as much as possible before the snow flies.

Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X