Arggh! Trying again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arggh! Trying again

Now I can't post yet again, after a successful test...
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Arggh! Trying again

Now I got through here, I have a suspicion that the problem is one of the links embedded in the message. I will try eliminating one and posting again here:

Ok, will try again from the start. Please excuse typos, I am too busy and frazzled to write the whole over carefully…

The main ingredient in Alcolim is pyruvate. Pyruvate has been around for a while, mostly marketed as a supplement to aid in weight loss and also muscle-building, I think. If you google this, you will get a lot of sites, none of them relating to alcohol. If you google “pyruvate and alcohol” You will also get a number of sites, but a quick perusal shows that none of them really seem to be focusing on the alcohol.

There is one “comprehensive review” of pyruvate which doesn’t mention alcohol at all, but gives you a good idea of what it is, how it’s used, and the general assessment by professionals.

PYRUVATE: A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW ? 1997 - 2007

One more interesting article, with the intriguing title “Why Alcoholics Drink” (finally, the answer!:H), explains the connection between hypoglycemia and alcohol and how pyruvate fits in. It’s very interesting (but still not very conclusive as to if pyruvate is an appropriate treatment for alcoholism).

Still, I think there is some important information in this article, even if you are not interested in the pyruvate (or Alcolim).

Here is the address:

(Here I am omitting the link that I think might be the problem -- if this gets through, just google it -- I think this article is really worth reading.)

My feeling is that pyruvate might be a helpful tool, like many others discussed here (like kudzu, which is also mentioned in the above article), but I don’t think it will be as effective as Bac… still, different things work differently on different people.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

Hey Beatle, I know you're well read on this stuff, can you recommend a few websites/blogs you read on health issues?

Thx. :l

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

I'm going to assume this is the start of your thread, at long long long last?

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

Beatle,
          I hope you know that those of us who generally lurk here and post infrequently consider you one of the most knowledgeable members, and consider you a touchstone and bearer of truths...

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

beatle;712867 wrote: Now I got through here, I have a suspicion that the problem is one of the links embedded in the message. I will try eliminating one and posting again here:

Ok, will try again from the start. Please excuse typos, I am too busy and frazzled to write the whole over carefully?

The main ingredient in Alcolim is pyruvate. Pyruvate has been around for a while, mostly marketed as a supplement to aid in weight loss and also muscle-building, I think. If you google this, you will get a lot of sites, none of them relating to alcohol. If you google ?pyruvate and alcohol? You will also get a number of sites, but a quick perusal shows that none of them really seem to be focusing on the alcohol.

There is one ?comprehensive review? of pyruvate which doesn?t mention alcohol at all, but gives you a good idea of what it is, how it?s used, and the general assessment by professionals.

PYRUVATE: A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW ? 1997 - 2007

One more interesting article, with the intriguing title ?Why Alcoholics Drink? (finally, the answer!:H), explains the connection between hypoglycemia and alcohol and how pyruvate fits in. It?s very interesting (but still not very conclusive as to if pyruvate is an appropriate treatment for alcoholism).

Still, I think there is some important information in this article, even if you are not interested in the pyruvate (or Alcolim).

Here is the address:

(Here I am omitting the link that I think might be the problem -- if this gets through, just google it -- I think this article is really worth reading.)

My feeling is that pyruvate might be a helpful tool, like many others discussed here (like kudzu, which is also mentioned in the above article), but I don?t think it will be as effective as Bac? still, different things work differently on different people.
            Note post date: 09-11-2009

NO, this is not the start of a new beatle thread.

Somebody (no naming or pointing fingers) found a relic (and there are many, I'm sure) of me sharing random bits of information -- as most of my posts are (and will continue to be)

I'd actually forgotten about it -- as I have forgotten most everything I have learned over the past few years -- thank you alcohol.

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

bleep;1062534 wrote: I'm going to assume this is the start of your thread, at long long long last?
              Note post date: 09-11-2009

NO, this is not the start of a new beatle thread.

Somebody (no naming names or pointing fingers here ) found a relic (and there are many, I'm sure) of me sharing random bits of information -- as most of my posts are (and will continue to be).

I'd actually forgotten about this -- as I have forgotten most everything I have learned over the past few years -- thank you alcohol.

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

and thank you sassy, and bruun (no fingers pointing here

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

And thank you sassy and bruun (no fingers pointing) -- I have contributed when I could. And I have personally been contributed to more.

Comment

Arggh! Trying again

I take blame for the archaic post revival, it was idiotic but there was a question unanswered on one of them, and this one, well, it revived the thought of sharing sources like we share book names. I couldn't help it! You have good info! And generous enough to share it. I hesitate to share more than I do for fear of looking like a "know it all" and also being flat out wrong, but inspite of that, I do post more than probably I should. I forgot most of the reasons why I have a shopping bag full of supplements, due to AL. I forgot how to take them and why. When I read these books, they remind me. I keep returning to 7 Weeks, to Depression Free Naturally, to Diet Cure and Mood Cure. However, I can't remember all that stuff, it's huge, and I bow to those who do. beatle, you remember more than you think you do, you seem a wealth of knowledge and I know you've got more behind it.

Comment

Working...
                    X