I just found this place today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: Hi! I'm from Northern Ireland and I have just found this site today when I was looking for information on hypertension. I have been drinking far too much for many years now. My excuse is that I cannot sleep without it but really I am addicted to the stuff. I have downloaded the book and intend to read it over the weekend but I don't know if I could pluck up the courage to ask my doctor for the medication. He has just put me on tablets for high blood pressure which is probably caused by my alcohol consumption. Anyhow I'll just go and read some of the book and see how I feel then.

Ireland? Wow, we are such a diverse group here. I went to Ireland on my honeymoon and fell in love with it. I want to go back. Welcome to our site. There are a lot of nice, supportive people here.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

:thanks: Yes Lush you are right Ireland is a lovely island. Makes you wonder why so many here drink too much. thanks for your message I'll be back soon.

Comment

welcome tigger (great name by the way)
        You should find lots of information here to help you figure out what you want to do.
        Lots of good info in the book - I've been around here for a little while but have only just now started reading the book.
        Wish you well and hope you do come back.
        lisa

Comment

Good for you! Not only did you get here, but you registered! That's a great sign. You have found yourself a wonderful doorway. Welcome to the future!

Comment

:welcome: Tigger!

I also had high blood pressure due to drinking gallons of wine/vodka! Plus, high blood sugar and high cholesterol...they call it "metabolic syndrome" here in the US...it's epidemic.... But BOTH my blood sugar and blood pressure went down after I'd stopped drinking...took a few weeks but voila--no more diabetes and no more pounding heart!

(I'll save the cholesterol status :upset: for another post--want to keep this one POSITIVE! )

Good job on finding the site! There are no accidents....

susan
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Welcome, Tigger

:man:

I, too, honeymooned in Ireland ? 2 weeks in the south, 1 week in Belfast and Rostrevor visiting new in-laws. That was 30+ years ago. Beautiful place, beautiful people!

I also have high blood pressure. That was caused by divorce several years ago. (How ironic, eh?) I am hoping that with some success in this program, I will finally be able to get off the BP meds, like Susan. I am trying to do mods with Topa and the supps, but it?s been something of a roller coaster ride for me. I?m back to abs for the weekdays ? maybe longer this time.

Keep checking in on the boards, Tigger. This is a wonderful support group.

Kat

Comment

Working...
              X