Got the Campral, when can I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay the medication has arrived, but don't know when I can start. I haven't quit drinking (cause it is so dam hard) and am even a little hung-over today. Is it okay to start it?

Any suggetion on dosage as well?
    - Sonya

I beleive I can keep going, long after I can't

hi Tatoosh ,

Sorry you didnt get a reply earlier than this .. I started Campral a couple of weeks ago . I know ideally you are supposed to be alcohol free for at least a few days before starting but I actually started immediately ( the day after drinking ). I had no side effects & I found it really seemed to help almost immediately . I dont know if it was psychological but I didnt have that lunchtime/early afternoon experience of thinking about my evening wine !!

I had a bit of a blip this weekend when we had friends round to dinner but I Just missed that nights dose & contiued again the next day & am back in the swing again . I feel I have a good chance with this .

As to dose , I take 666mg ( 2 tablets ) 3 times a day ( thats the recommended dose ) & as I said( --touch wood !!) no side effects !

Anyway hope this helps & GOOD LUCK -- you can do this .

Comment

Hello Tatoosh,

I started Campral 8 days ago.
      I was hung over badly when I saw my doctor, who prescribed the Campral and told me to take my first dose immeditely. I take 2 tablets 3 times a day and have completed 9 whole alcohol free days. I still have cravings for wine, however for the first time ever have managed to resist. I definitely credit that to taking the Campral.

I won't ever be able to be a social drinker. It has to be abstinence totally. I still can't get my head around the fact that I can't ever drink alcohol again. However my first counselling session is next week so I guess this where I get help in the thinking department.

Best of luck with the Campral. I have failed time and time again, however with the Campral I am making small steps and am hopeful.
      One drink is too many and 20 is not enough

Comment

Started it on day one of AF. Just had to get going in the right direction. only took one pill first day. no side effects. I wrote all about it in "Sonya's Campral Journal"
        - Sonya

I beleive I can keep going, long after I can't

Comment

Maybe add some LGlut as well. You can get it OTC.
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
          X