• Show
Clear All

Titration to stop baclofen NEED FORMULA

delete

bump....

Comment

You are asking for explicit medical advice here, which may be the reason people are hesitant to answer.

I love to give generic, hypothetical advice, or to report personal experiences I have had to aid others in their decisions, but I am no doctor, so I don't wish to give direct medical advice. I imagine others here might feel similarly.

So, all of that being said, if I were hypothetically trying to stop baclofen, I would probably reduce my dosage by 10mg every 3 days, and when I got to 10mg, I'd probably go to 5mg for 4-5 days, then 2.5mg for 4-5 days, and then be done with it.

Also, I would be careful to have a couple extra pills in my wallet in case I started feeling really strange at any point.

I would wait 4 days after my last dose before considering myself all clear. (In the medical literature serious withdrawal happens anywhere between 12 and 48 hours after the last dose, so I would probably double that to make sure. *CORRECTION: looking at Reggie's linked article below, it appears that while serious withdrawal usually happens within 2 days, it has been known to happen as long as 4 days after cessation. So, it is best to wait at least 5 days before considering yourself all clear).

Everything I mentioned above is probably quite conservative, but that's what I would do since I'm not under a doctor's supervision.

Comment

Thanks billyb, That hypothetical titration sounds sensible to me and exactly what I myself think, and that is almost the formula I have been using.

Appreciate the message, yes.....:wings:

p.s. I have easily tritiated from 20 mgs to 10 in the last three nights, no problem what-so-ever. I really mostly was using it for sleep aid, and I have been sleeping well, soon to go to 5mg.

I just think it is messing with my energy and my physical fun and I am off for a surf trip and do not want to compromise it in any way.

Comment

Ocean, I so hope you are well.

There are many offering their experience with this medicine so it is my hope they can give the proper advice extended from their posts about Baclofen.

I am attempting to aquire this as there HAS to be relief somehow.

I hope you find this relief, Ocean.
          I hope you are in comfort soon and in a place of understanding and relief.
          :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Not wishing to be alarmist but tapering off baclofen needs to be carefully done and preferably under a docs supervision. However this article points to a sucessfull triation down over 2 weeks ... generally the slow easy approach does it. Also this article clearly refers to patients that stopped abruptly for surgery and or other reasons. As has been stated before like diabetics until you have gradually stopped taking bac it is wise to have a sticker on your drivers license or a medical wrist band or necklace stating you are taking bac and at what level in case you are unable to convey this info yourself for some reason..... the article....Delirium Associated With Baclofen Withdrawal: A Review of Common Presentations and Management Strategies -- Leo and Baer 46 (6): 503 -- Psychosomatics

Comment

I really appreciate the responses to this question. :lilheart: I am certain I am not the only person who, at some time or another, will titrate off of baclofen. Thanks all who have taken the time to respond.

SO far so good for me, but I was only taking 20 mgs per day, still I am cautiously eliminating the use.

Comment

Working...
              X