Jonathon Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathon Davis

"Jonathon Davis of Orange Co, VA. and Wilkes Co., GA" A definitive record of the family of Jonathon Davis, one of my ancestors, from his capture as a youth off the coast of Wales by a piratic tramp ship, to the beginning of his life in the New World. He, his descendants and their in-laws, were influential in settling Virginia, South Carolina, and Georgia, and prominent in the American Revolution. It's like reading an adventure, mystery, history - all combined and made more interesting because these are the people I came from. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but very well written with copies of actual signed documents. If you have interest and search long enough, you can probably find a book written about one or more lines of your family. I searched the internet when I found out about it, and found the one available copy left (paid an outrageous price, but it's worth it). Anyway, I realize this is a very personal read, but I'm totally hooked on it, and I'll NEVER lend it out of my house!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Jonathon Davis

"Growing the Positive Mind"

An interesting approach to positive thinking. We choose our thoughts and basically are able to be on an upward spiral all the time just by recognizing negative thoughts and changing them. Also, the author talks about it being useless to play the blame game.

It's alot of work. I consider myself a naturally pessimistic person, so it's not easy for me, but I have to change me stinking thinking and hopefully become optimistic.

Comment

Jonathon Davis

There you go, Work. Make lemonade!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Jonathon Davis

this sounds fascinating, Rubes. I recently researched my ancestry for my Grandpa, who died last yr at age 99, and traced his Scotch-Irish roots right back arriving in America in 1691. Settled in Hartford, CT ... sounds like Jonathan Davis book was worth the price. (BTW, my cousin in Atlanta, she works for the CDC, she named her baby-boy "Davis") Good name! have fun in the foothills at your cabin
        Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Working...
        X