No announcement yet.

Anne Frank Remembered: The Story of the Woman who Helped Hide the Frank Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audiobook, read beautifully by Barbara Rosenblatt, with a Dutch accent.
    The words are those of Miep Gies, Otto Frank's administrative assistant before and during the the Holocaust.

Still alive and kickin' at age 100, Miep Gies brings a gentle courage and instrinsic morality in contrast to the horror of the Holocaust. It's inspiring! And we must never forget.
    New edition of book by Miep Gies
    The occasion of the 100th birthday of Miep Gies in February 2009 will be marked by a revised English-language edition of her book, Anne Frank Remembered. The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family, first published in 1987. The revised edition has again been written in association with the American writer/journalist Alison Leslie Gold.

The new edition will initially be published in English at the American publishing house of Simon & Schuster. A Dutch translation is due to follow. The new edition differs from the first, first of all because it includes the real names of people previously only known by their aliases. It also contains a newly-written epilogue offering an update on the investigations into the betrayal of the Secret Annex. Miep Gies furthermore describes several events and statements made following the release of the first edition.
    Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Hey Puddy! Where did you find this? Sounds interesting to me.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi LTG, nice to meet you in chat yesterday! My sister rented the CD-book. She passed it on, since it's a 4-week rental. Listening to last CD as I write. (and to think there are so many, many stories like this from the Holocaust.) As Miep make very clear in her memoir -- she was one of many, many resisting the Gestapo.
      Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Working...
      X