Impact on Spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact on Spouse

Any one into their third week or so and have a spouse who is still drinking but is supportive? Any feedback?

Impact on Spouse

Hi there amc.
    I am past my third week, but when I quit my hubs still drank although he supported me in my efforts to change. I tended to change my habits while he was drinking, so if he was drinking in front of the TV I did something else. Spent time on this site usually. We didnt go out into drinking environments for a good few months either. Now I can and I have no issues with it, but I would give yourself time to adjust.
    How are you doing?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Impact on Spouse

:thanks: I am using meds, and that helps alot. and the hypnotic tapes. But I need to keep with this every day. And this website. And your kindness. Thank you!
      startingover;718816 wrote: Hi there amc.
      I am past my third week, but when I quit my hubs still drank although he supported me in my efforts to change. I tended to change my habits while he was drinking, so if he was drinking in front of the TV I did something else. Spent time on this site usually. We didnt go out into drinking environments for a good few months either. Now I can and I have no issues with it, but I would give yourself time to adjust.
      How are you doing?

Comment

Impact on Spouse

Mine does too

Mine still drinks, now I am on baclofen it doesn't bother me......I don't NEED to drink now, but if I "want to" I can and I don't have to keep continuing.......... I doesn't "bother" me if he drinks, I cannot make him do anything and it bothers me a little when he gets nasty drunk, but oh well............just me, I think it is baclofen that makes it ok.......for me(maybe a little age and AA in there, but all mixed together it is good!)

MA:l
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
        X