Balcofen Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcofen Progress

Hello all - I thought I would post my recent experiences with Balcofen. I've been on 60 MG for 3 days.

Drinking before Balcofen:
    Start off with 1 or 2 beers, then drink mixed drinks for the remainder of the night. On most nights I would consume at least 4 large mixed drinks (for normal people that would be 8 regular sized drinks).

Drinking now:
    2 beers and feeling very drunk. One large drink night 1 and 2, last night 1 small drink.

Last night had two beers fast and got a strong buzz. Of course, out of habit I made a tall cosmopolitan. I kept adding ice to it as it melted (because I was stirring it more than drinking it) and it tasted nasty sweet. A friend called me out of the blue who I hadn't heard from in 3 years. He told me that he almost died of Alcoholism, and now is in a wheelchair. Apparently he had a huge cyst that grew in his back which was "due to chronic alcohol abuse" and it went undetected for so long he almost died from it. Additionally his best friend died at 59 from alcoholism.

After hearing his story my drink tasted worse. I tried to go to sleep but got very nauseous. I threw up and finally went to sleep. Has anyone else had a similar experience of throwing up on Baclofen? I was not :yukko:even close to being drunk enough to cause vomiting. Maybe I was just so emotionally "moved", I had to get the alcohol out of me. ?

Balcofen Progress

There have been reports of nausea and vomiting as a result of taking baclofen, specifically if you're not AF when you're titrating up.

I specifically recall Veritas posting about that. She isn't on MWO often these days, but maybe PM her and see if she responds?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Balcofen Progress

MissM, I had terrible vomiting and nausea when starting bac. It kept me flat on my back for more than one day. I've never really needed more than 30mgs a day to keep my cravings at a reasonable level. I tried to drink again, but it was horrible. I know that if I ever want to drink, I would have to stop the bac...I also know that it would be a death sentence.

Keep going, but try to stay af if you can. The nausea does go. It took about 3 weeks for me, with very slow titration.

Comment

Working...
      X