Red face and late for work again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the airport nursing a hangover after a business trip which involved 2 heavy drinking sessions. I missed one morning and was late again this morning. Am determined to stop this binge drinking - how can I do this I am desperate...before I lose everything...

Hi Harry.
    I'm glad you found us.
    I suggest that you take a deep breath and spend some time going through this site and getting yourself a plan. There are many here who are/were in you shoes and can offer a lot of help and support.
    The founder (usually known as RJ by her friends here) has written a book about her own journey and I for one found it a great starting point. You can download a PDF copy here, or get it from the usual book places.
    I hope that you find what you're looking for.

Comment

Hi
      What really helped when I first came here was this thread,
      What I HATE, LOATH, and JUST CAN'T STAND about drinking. - Its in Monthly Abstinence under Intro and General Discussion (sorry I don't know how to link it).
      It made me laugh and also made me want to cry, as I could relate to almost all of it.
      :welcome:

Comment

Elsa, that thread was a big help to me too. Here's the link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Harry, I agree with Popeye. Take a breathe, read R.J.'s book and read a lot on this site. You are among friends here who will offer help and support.

I wish you strength!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

:welcome: Read a lot of posts and you will see that you are not alone. The main thing is that you are here. Remember this: The hangover lasts longer than the buzz. Soon you will not want another hangover...then you will be on your way to being 'you'.

Comment

harry758;721475 wrote: I am the airport nursing a hangover after a business trip which involved 2 heavy drinking sessions. I missed one morning and was late again this morning. Am determined to stop this binge drinking - how can I do this I am desperate...before I lose everything...
            Dear Harry, :welcome: to reality, we all share the same issue. Alcohol over use.

we are here to share, how to change.
            An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Does anyone know where I can download a PDF copy of RJ's book?
              I can't seem to find the link on this site?
              MWO is a blessing, thank you.

Comment

You can find the PDF book in the Health Store. You should be able to access the health store at the top of this page, or go to the home page and click the tab for the Health Store. You can order the book or the download.
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks YAH

:thanks:

Comment

me too, Harry, i need to stop drinking! feels like i'm loosing my mind-its horrible-i try and try over and over-i need help now-its hard to admit

Comment

Thanks

I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
                      I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
                      have a blessed day
                      Installing electric radiant floor heating systems - In and under floors heated flooring - Hydronic underfloor heat cost

Comment

Hey Harry,

How are you, keep us close mate.
                        Love to hear from you.
                        Jafa

Comment

Hi All - thanks for the replies. Well I have not had another drink since I wrote the thread - which is a good start. Although half my mind is thinking of going out after work tonight for a few beers with friends - but I know where this will end, I will go on drinking after everyone else has left - probably end up in a dodgy bar, start talking and annoying everyone - probably get asked to leave the bar again...and then end up in a mess at home sometime the following day - and then sometimes do it all again on the Saturday. Anyway I am at home now and no drinking will happen this weekend

So all have a good weekend.

Comment

Harry, it does get better. Stay out of the dodgy bar, not only do the floors stick but there are some not nice people there in the wee hours of the morning.

Comment

Very true Angie, and where I live not everyone is who they seem..

Comment

Working...
                              X