PVC/PACs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVC/PACs

Has anyone been dealing with PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions)? I've had them for years but only ever notice them on rare ocassions. Lately however, they've gotten really bad. I've been AF for over a month, I exercise a lot, try to eat well and hydrate. I started taking Paxil for 2 weeks and stopped after I was experiencing too many side effects, PVC increase as one of them.

I've been to urgent care and have an Echocardiogram scheduled in a week. They found a "Slight abnormality" on my EKG hence the echo so I'm a little paranoid about that but trying to keep calm and relaxed. My PVCs seem to kick in during the mid-day or after I eat. Most the time they are subtle but there were two days straight I was getting moderate to severe ones all day long. VERY SCARY!!

Not coincedentally, I ate Mexican and KFC on those two days...I believe MSG could be a big factor. But I was wondering how many others here have had them, how often, how you deal with them, what sets them off for you, what meds or supliments you have found helpful, etc...

Thanks in advance!

PVC/PACs

I'm sorry I can't help, but I have a friend who has these as well. They get pretty bad. He is an exercise nut, eats healthy, and doesn't drink. He is having a procedure on the 25th that is supposed to help. He hasn't mentioned the MSG as a factor, but I also know someone that has heart palpitations when eating anything with MSG, so it makes sense it could worsen an existing heart condition.

Best wishes on finding a resolution to your problem.

Comment

PVC/PACs

Thank you for responding.

Comment

PVC/PACs

Hi Zeta,
        I have not had these, that I know of but, as a nurse, I do know that they can be caused by coffee, tea, alcohol, cigarettes, emotion, fatigue. anxiety. PAC's are not life threatening. PVC's , depend on the severity, so further testing is a good idea. Most of these factors involve lifestyle changes, which you have been doing. :goodjob:, so that is all good. I wish you well with the echo. Try not to worry about the outcome. I'm sure you will be fine. PM me if I can be of help:l
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

PVC/PACs

Hi Zeta,

Another nurse (retired) here. I've had these in the past and found they disappeared when I finally got my hormones under control. They're annoying, sometimes a little scarey but not life threatening.
          What Sea said about caffeine, nicotine, etc. is very true! If unbalanced hormones is a possibility, talk to your Doc about that as well.
          Made a huge difference for me
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PVC/PACs

Zeta ~
            Are you on any cardiac medication at all? I take Atenolol for PVC's, which started years ago when diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. It's never been an issue and my cardiologist seems to shrug it off as nothing, It's very common. And Lavande is right- hormones play a big part of everything!

Comment

PVC/PACs

I don't know why I didn't think of it before....I ALWAYS have pvc's and a rapid heart rate the morning after drinking too much!!!

Comment

Working...
              X