Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you consider moderation?

hi
    i'm new here. I drink every night. most nights it's 2 glasses of wine, some nights it's 3, and on friday or saturday, 4. i'm going to try to stop drinking everyday.

I'm just curious, what do you consider "drinking in moderation"?

reece

For me, moderation would be 1-2 glasses of al a week, and without counting, or focusing/thinking about it. Of course, i can't limit myself to that amount, so i just don't drink. And..............loving it.
    Best wishes Reece.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Honestly I don't have a grasp of it. Relative to alcohol. I guess I imagine it would be like how I drink soda. I had a gingerale the other day. Cold, on ice. Hit the spot. Hadn't thought of wanting one for months? untill I walked into the place. Finished it and said boy, that was good, but had no thoughts of more. That rpobably won't happen again for.... months?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I reckon you've nailed it there Greenie.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;722924 wrote: For me, moderation would be 1-2 glasses of al a week, and without counting, or focusing/thinking about it. Of course, i can't limit myself to that amount, so i just don't drink. And..............loving it.
          Best wishes Reece.
          I agree with Mr. G. In medical terms, I think modding is 1 - 2 units/glasses/beers a week. Easier not have any than to count and always be doing the math. Best of luck!
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LookingToGrow;722993 wrote: I agree with Mr. G. In medical terms, I think modding is 1 - 2 units/glasses/beers a week. Easier not have any than to count and always be doing the math. Best of luck!
            Yep, this would be lovely ....

There are past threads in mods that we have discussed moderating on, just type in the search box and you will find loads of answers ....
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hi and welcome Letgo,

It is generally agreed that 7 units per week for woman is acceptable ( for health reasons). Everyones idea of "moderation" is different and I have found to be very personal.

Like Heavenly suggested, take the time to peruse some of the threads in the Long Term Mod section -- there is a mine of information there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

LGL,

I cut and paste this from one of my old posts. Hope it helps.

Per The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence drinking for healthy people is one drink per day for women and no more than two drinks per day for men. This is considered the maximum amount of alcohol consumption to be considered moderate use.

"One and I'm done" as Kid would say however I'm still with Sara at "two and I'm through" and according to the NCADD that's one too many! I'm trying to work on it Sunbeam!!

However, the amount of alcohol that a person can drink safely is highly individual, depending on genetics, age, sex, weight and family history, etc. A drink is considered to be:
                • 4-5 ounces of wine
                • 10 ounces of wine cooler
                • 12 ounces of beer
                • 1-1/4 ounces of distilled liquor (80 proof whiskey, vodka, scotch, or rum)
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X