X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going out tonight with girls

hi
    so, i'm new here and already, i'm addicted (to the boards) LOL

i'm trying to cut back and taper down and then eventually moderate my drinking so i have several AF days a week.
    since I'm just starting, I decided tonight that i can have 3 drinks. (normally i'd have 4 on a saturday night). So, I am getting kind of nervous. I HAVE to go over to a friends for a girl's night out and I so don't want to go. It is much easier to stick to less drinks if I'm at home.
    I plan on drinking slowly, and having breaks with water and coming home early.

here's the kicker. Before, on some saturday nights, when I wasn't thinking of cutting back on my drinking, I wouldn't think about HOW MANY drinks I was gonna limit myself to before I went out! And alot of the time, I would only have 3. But for some reason, since I have now limited myself to that, it makes it harder! Like saying, don't eat chocolate. well, then of course, you want it more don't you?

anyway, wish me luck.

since I have now limited myself to that, it makes it harder! Like saying, don't eat chocolate. well, then of course, you want it more don't you?

Very very true. Good luck.

There is nothing easy about being "out there" and "in the game" ... regardless of plans. That's why many avoid that situation altogether for a good long while.

Try to set up a "prompt" in your brain ... okay ... here I go again = water. =water. =water or soda.

I wish I was going out with the girls tonight, though.

Comment

Enjoy your night....and your wellbeing.

Comment

thanks. well i had my 3 drinks! i had some soda water in there too
        had fun. but i ended up coming home early because I didn't want to be tempted into the 4th drink. i was sad that I had to leave, but I knew that if i stayed i'd at least have another 1/2 glass of wine if not more. there will be plenty of times later on down the road that i can stay and if i want to, have 4 glasses of wine, but not now. now, i need to taper down and get a few af days into my week. once i'm on that track, then maybe a girls night won't be one of the nights where i feel like i have to be so careful.

it was a fun night. I am now going to read my book and go to bed. i won't be hungover tomorrow and i'll be glad

xoxo

Comment

Well done.
          You did great and you had fun!
          Your plan sounds like a good one too.
          Brilliant

Comment

Letgo you did good ! I think I'll go out with the girls myself ! Ha! Welcome to MWO ! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X