Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday September 18th

Well hey guys,
    Only been in and out a bit for the last few days. I cram my hours in on the weekends. So kinda a short post for this Monday morn.
    I'm really behind on the reading. But I have scanned enough to see again the growth of Absville. Not just in numbers but in fellowship. Oh how we are beginning to really trust one anther and feel so comfortable with each other individually and as a group.
    What makes me see this is that the openness is so strong. I really notice how so many of us are really starting to open up and share about ourselves and our lives. And how well feedback is received.
    A proverb that comes to mind is,
    "The good man asks advice from friends; the wicked plunge ahead and fall".
    And also, "
    Anxious hearts are very heavy but a word of encouragement does wonders"!
    That's been us lately...don't ya think? Here we are, opening our hearts and encouraging each other along.
    I for one am really enjoying Absville and everyone here. I am enjoying growing with you all and learning from each of you. And I feel good if I have made you smile cuz you all make me smile each day.

Big group Monday Morning Huggers to all of ya.
    Have a Wonderful Day! Gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Monday September 18th

Morning All xxxx

- gosh I sounded like a policeman then .... ello, ello,ello !!!! ( that is 1960's policmen speak in the UK )

Well my lovely Gabriella ( i do wish people would stop calling you Gabriele - for that is a male name i.e Angel Gabriele ) - actually on second thoughts fits quite well. Cos u are an angelic person.

Tis 4.45 in the morning - I have turned nocturnal. Do you think it's the supps, ? But just lately do not have the desire to go to sleep. Maybe my body is adjusting to No Alcohol, and it is punishing me...? I dunno.
    Actually I do know - was caught up in chat ( although not really speaking myself - just spectating ) with erm.... people.
    Those who were there will know ! : )))

Bless Camper , for she has told me to go to bed for the last 2 nights on the run... perhaps I bore her... Or maybe she is concerned.. I hope it is the latter. !!! XXX

Well just wanted to say Happy Monday to you all ( that is also a band - now sadly split up - Mackers would know this cos from Manchestaaaahhh
    ' Pills n Thrills n Bellyaches '

I do think I need to go to bed because I have started on the old ' rambling Liz Thread ' !!!!

So night night / or good morning

Love as always :l
    Liz
    xxxxx

Anxious hearts are very heavy but a word of encouragement does wonders"!
    So True Gabbington .
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Monday September 18th

bump

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday September 18th

Monday, Monday

Hi Absvillans

Very quick check in this morning as I am on holiday from work and this week I am decorating my bedroom - Bambino.... this week I har mostly been decorating my bedroom!! Did you watch the Fast Show? HA HA

Totally AF weekend - minor miracle for me!!! Could I ask a wee favour please? When you are on the boards today or this week, if you see Chris on chat could you please pop your head in and say hiya and ask how he's doing, I think this week will be a hard time for him - we were talking on chat on Sat night, Bambs was there and plenty others, so maybe some of you will understand! This will make you smile tho' - I was on chat, hubby was downstairs watching TV - he came up to go to the loo, looked into the study, saw all the names and messages on the screen and said "Oh God, you're not having cyber-sex are you?!!!:H

Happy Monday and many Happy Mondays!!!

Love
        Tartan

Comment

Monday September 18th

Good morning early Absville,

I had to smile when I logged in here this am. It seems we like living in Absville so much that we can't wait for tomorrow!
          Gabby.....welcome back Mayor...
          Cv still needs a "prize" for her clean colon!

We had a pretty good weekend even with all the hunters shooting all around. Belle did not want to leave my lap though!

I have to agree on the "heavy heart" quote. Sometimes mine weighs a ton......I try not to watch the news on tv much as we seem to live in a world that is nuts!
          There is so much sadness and evil going on.
          I wonder what God thinks when He looks in on us... I think His heart is heavy for us!:h

Well, it's almost 5 am.......need coffee or a nap!! Hummm
          Think I'll put on coffee and keep reading.

Love to all today.

And Chris........hope you visit us in Absville today. Looking forward to meeting you!

Nancy & Baby Belle:l
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday September 18th

Oh and Tartan.......cyber sex? Too funny!

Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday September 18th

Good morning. Early day for me because there is some training and catch up because some of my team are getting back in from overseas, so we'll have to get everyone caught up to speed and plan for the next journey.

Gabby, I know what you mean about cramming things in, that's generally during some busy weeks lately, so I admire how you handle your weekends.

Nancy, let's hold off on that "colon" prize until I'm completely done, huh? Still have the hardest two weeks to go, but I'm determined. Funny thing about putting the goals out in the open, it also forces you to stay with it and you are great about making sure that I know that you know, so big thanks! Accountability...hmmmm.

Bambs, I'm sure that you are asleep, so sweet dreams and I hope the internal rythyms get fixed soon!

Tartan, Macks, Lisa, and everyone else that hasn't hit the thread yet,
              new or long term, enjoy your day in absville and take a moment to visit the various shops and view the neighborhood.:l

Comment

Monday September 18th

Tartan, today
                I'll be Mostly be feeling k- nackered

Bathroom project abandoned - for now - until tomoz. _ I am still finding excuses not to do the the tiling - cos I know I will do it wrong.
                Havvin baaaaad day. Got 2 roll ups very kindly left for me by husband. - Little Get. --- ( roll ups???!!! ) I now appear to be a tramp.
                Cannot find my purse, so can't go and buy cigaroles.
                Can't donate on this site cos do not have my purse.
                Have paypal account, but been banned ( by husband ) because of over excessive puchasing horse items . and has been so long that I cannot remember login or password.

POOOOOP. poop and bloody Poop
                No didn't see the Fast Show - was on here on chat -
                but I'm sure ' it suits you' Tartan !!!!! :H

so will post later when feelin more cordial
                1. Warm and sincere; friendly:
                And

this is for Camps !!!

A cordial
                is an extremely sweet (when undiluted) non-alcoholic fruit flavoured drink concentrate that is diluted with water to taste. Some of the more well-known cordials are Cottees and Golden Circle branded cordials. Cordial is most popular in Australia and New Zealand, having a large market share in competition with fruit juices and soft drinks.

Would rather it WAS port right now chix !!!! hee hee hee

So I will take my cross-self, back to the sofa, because watching a programme recorded on Sky+ last night - The 50 best ever bitchiest TV moments. appropriate at the moment..... GGGGRRRRR !!!!
                Don't worry Happy Chapper will be back later - just havving a break right now !!!!

Liz-beth
                xxxxx

Is this a person who is in a bad mood - or what !!!!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday September 18th

Oh - and as a post script here

Have no milk for coffee... SCREEEEEM !!!!

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday September 18th

Good Morning all...cv I think you are so right - that it is good to have your plans/goals laid out here cuz reoprting out makes you want to stick with it. Sure helped me yesterday!

wow...just got my coffe and bagel from room service - I could get used to this. I'd share my milk if I could Liz

I had a hard night last night for some reason. Tossed and turned and kept waking up - very anxious all night. I had taken a melatonin which usually helps but not so much last night. Oh, well, at least I got to sleep in this morning as we are not starting work until 10am today.
                    nancy - hope belle is feeling a little better this morning. Laps are good things!
                    Tartan- that made me laugh - guess he figured something so interesting....well what else could it be?
                    Good Morning Gabby - thanks for everything - hope you're having a great morning. I'm just so happy to be here and I sure appreciate all you do.

Going to work now.
                    Lisa

Comment

Monday September 18th

Hi All

Just popping in to see what goes on over here in absville. I've been slipping in here quite often lately actually...It's something I'm considering and I've learned a lot from reading your posts. You seem like a great group. I'll keep considering... Have a great day!
                      Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                      Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                      Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                      : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                      "

Comment

Monday September 18th

Hi All,

Hey Gabbington, thanks for getting things started around here! I'm a little worried about Mr. Macks. Did he say he was going somewhere and I missed it??? I'm going to put out a missing person report if he doesn't turn up soon!

Trish, come visit and check us out as often as you'd like. Maybe you'd like to visit for a few days and see how you like it! I've found that with Abs, I've had some occasional slips, but with mods, I had Lots of them. I'm working toward no slips at all, but I KNOW I"M IN MUCH BETTER SHAPE THAN BEFORE!!! It's a good life.

Liz, you are having a rough morning, dear!!! I'm so sorry (although I guess it's afternoon there now). I hope your day is getting better! No milk for coffee would be awfully difficult, "the icing on the cake" as we say over here! I hope you have time for a nap or something and hopefully catch up on some of that missed sleep, too, lovey!

Hey Nancy, your quiet faith is so beautiful to me. Yes, the world is full of strife and trouble, but we do have our ways of staying in touch with God (as we choose to experience that Presence) and finding some peace in our world. It's important for us to all keep trying to find and stay in touch with it. I am continually amazed at all the things that people, both here and abroad, justify doing in God's name!

I can't think of what to say to you, CV, except that your determination continues to amaze me more and more every single day!!! Keep up the good work!!! You seem so self-possessed so much of the time. Good luck with getting all your training done.

And Lisa, dear, keep the faith, sweetie!! You're doing wonderfully so far! I'll be checking in later and looking out for updates from you! Say hi to Canal Street for me, and Lake Pontchartrain!:sigh: I used to live on the corner of Camp and Upperline.

Anyway, to all who haven't arrived yet, have a great day. See you all later!

Hugs,

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday September 18th

Nancy - thanks for the mail about the melons and eggs - they are beeyootiful
                          and to quote from your email

"A true friend is someone who knows you're
                          a good egg even if you're a little cracked."

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday September 18th

Thanks YAH - fell asleep listening to my stopping smoking CD - what is it about these hypno CD's - I reckon it's the soothing American Accent - sends me into a calm place....

Hope everyone is ok here.

Millie is not speaking to me cos I have put Daisy's pic here.... so will pop daisy and mills together cuddling XXXX

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Monday September 18th

New Orleans update

Thanks for the good thoughts Kathy! Well, my co-workers have hit the town tonight but I decided to stay in. I've not been feeling well all day today so it wasn't a difficult decision. Maybe I overdosed on caffeine this morning?
                              I broke out in a cold sweat this afternoon and almost felt like I was either going to pass out or have a panic attack. Does that sound alcohol related in any way?
                              I've also had a pretty bad headache all day too. Kind of felt like a bad hangover --but as you well know I passed up that opportunity last night---so it is most definitely Not that!

After work I came back to my room and napped-on and off - for about three hours.
                              I'll still say hello to Canal St and Lake Ponchatrain for you Kathy...I can see them from my window!

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Liz--cd working? not smoking today? good for you!

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X