feeling down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling down

I have just got back from my Gp's , fed up, having been working really hard to quit prescription painkiller's as well as booze, I been told I probably have arthritis, got to go for xray this afternoon and been prescribed more painkiller's!! Treated myself to mini bottle of wine for tonight but actually would really like to see it still in the fridge tomorrow so that is my challenge for today, stay positive and leave the wine alone, help please.
    Twitch

feeling down

hey tawns the thing would be to remember that no matter how much research,studies & reports done,wine has never cured arthritis!
    You poor buggar....have you tried hypnosis for pain management?
    Natural supps pretty good.
    The mini wine should be shoved in the back of the fridge & labelled "salad dressing" very quickly.
    Cheer up! Stay positive!

Comment

feeling down

Tawny,

Pour it away. It'll just sit there driving you nuts every time you open the fridge door.

Mr JC has arthritis in his left hip and swears by Glucosamine Sulphate.

Love J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

feeling down

Tawny, I've always wondered about gout, which is aggravated by wine, and thus the relationship of wine to arthritis. I'd been having problems in my hands with arthritis, but I read that you need to elimintate nightshades and citrus. My hands are better, even the trigger thumb which was scheduled for surgery. I attribute much of it to emotional work to though. And some other stuff I read about joint mobilization, etc. Don't despair. Do some homework. By the way, make sure you are thoroughly hydrated as that has a big impact on your joints.

You might look at glucosamine-chondroitin too.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

feeling down

Tawny, I have several quite painful medical conditions, including arthritis. AL is terrible for the bones, and when I was drinking though I would go to sleep quickly (pass out!) I would wake in the early morning hours in terrible pain, and actually have to rock my self to turn over, then wait a while before I could get out of bed. It took another 15 minutes for me to trust my legs enough to walk down the stairs, hanging on to the handrail. The best thing I did was trust my PP, who evaluated my bloodwork and recommended vitamins (including calcium 3x a day, among other things), and mild, non-addictive muscle relaxers. Also, I can't stress enough the importance of a good mattress ( mine is super-soft, no pressure points). I do have to take pain meds, sometimes very strong ones, so AL is out of the question. I used to skip my meds AND dr. appts so I could drink. That WILL catch up with you tho, and the pain will come back with a vengeance. Every persons body is dif, but it is universal the havoc AL will wreak on it. Find a dr who will work with you, and research, research, research! I'm am living a good life now, still in pain everyday, but dealing with it and really living. My thoughts are with you, and I hope you find what works for YOU.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

feeling down

Thre are also products that supposeldy replicate the synovial fluid, but really, proper hydration should be tried first, IMHO. Water's benefits to the body is highly underrated.
            Understated. Hidden. My GOD!!! what would happen to pharmacology and MD if we knew!!! OK Amazon.com: Your Body's Many Cries for Water (9780962994234): Fereydoon Batmanghelidj: Books
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

feeling down

Tawny, I am sorry to hear about your trip to the GP. I know he prescribed you painkillers but do you need them? If you have been managing to cut down or quit the painkillers you could keep doing it. I am not sure from your post if you have more pain than previously. Also, if you have made a commitment to stay AF tonight I would get rid of the small bottle of wine. If it was me it would be torture to have bought wine wit with the intention of having it and then leaving it in the fridge. Hope you are ok

Dora

Comment

feeling down

Hi Tawny, sorry that you are struggling!!!! I personally couldn't have wine in the fridge it would talk to me till I drank it!!!

Pour it away while you are feeling strong! you will feel SOOOO much better in the morning.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

feeling down

Wishing you well.

:lHi Tawny, sorry to here you aren't doing well, I know nothing about arthritis, so can offer you no practical help, but I am thinkng of you. Take care of yourself, and stay strong.

Comment

feeling down

Hello Tawny.
                    I can't help you with you pain. But i can tell you that you have someone who will pray for you to stay strong. May god bless you.
                    Life Without Drinking Is Life Worth Living.

Comment

feeling down

thank's everyone, I did give in and drink one small bottle last night, woke up with a migraine and feeling so sick, actually really happy as well, I think I have reached my point where I am going to give up totally,no, I know I have, I am starting my October challenge right now, feeling very positive, hope you all have a great day, thank's again for yourr support, I will need it in the next few week's I think,
                      Twitch

Comment

feeling down

Hi Tawny ~
                        I'm glad you are feeling better- I know the feeling of waking up with that migraine and swearing off alcohol! It's such a strong wonderful feeling! Too bad it doesn't last for me.
                        I too have arthritis, as well as a degenerative spine and doctors love to write out prescriptions for powerful drugs. Of course they don't know I have an alcohol problem!
                        I go back and forth in my mind thinking how I should choose between the meds or the alcohol.......one or the other..........and that would solve my problem.
                        I'm glad you are taking on the October challenge- good luck. Right now I'm not sure what I'm doing- at least tonight I am AF.

Comment

feeling down

Goodf to har you speaking well about Oct! I am running out of time with my Oct. goal, everyday is a caomplete stuggle. I do SO well, and then break...not benders anymore tho...WAY more in control. But to me, it is still not enough, I need to not only do this for me but for my relationship with my girl and husband.

Man, this just sucks, huh?! Best to you guys, night!
                          Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

feeling down

morning everyone, seem's like it's not a hangover but some revolting bug I have, feel really awful, but at least I don't want to drink so it gives me a kick start I guess, going to spend the sleeping and coming on here,hope you all feel good today.
                            Twitch

Comment

feeling down

right, I have dropped off at school, made the bed's ,fed the animal's, loaded the dishwasher and now I am going to allow myself the luxury to be genuinley ill today, not caused by alcohol for once!!I am going to sit on the sofa with a hot water bottle and give you all as much support as I can.
                              Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X